Neutrogena Self Tanning Spray

No Image

3.1

this review is for the micro mist. i have used this a lot in the past year and tend to have ok results. i like to get it in the darkest shade because the medum seems not to last long at all. like 3 days maybe. i always shave and use a body scrub before i use. i wake up with a nice glow but u have to be very good on how u apply. i did it last night and woke up very streaky in my arms. i must of been lazy and didnt really pay atention. so now i have to let it fade before i redo. to bad its a beach day tomorrow lol. i hope nobody really looks at me up close lol its not pretty but overall this is a good at home tanner, its not to expensive. under 10 dollars. just be careful on how u apply

on 6/10/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this in conjunction with the Nivea gradual tanning lotion. I always use a gradual tanning lotion to even out my spray tan and moisturize my skin. I love the spray on this tanner. It's super fine and sprays perfectly. Although I wish it was tinted, I can usually tell where I have sprayed just by looking. The smell is odd, but I think all tanning sprays and lotions kinda stink. I'm so so on this product. It does break me out, but that's no surprise. It does dry quickly and it isn't sticky. I HATE sticky. I might repurchase if it's on sale.

on 5/13/2010 10:47:00 AM

OMG, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! At first I was like "Me, i'm a teenager, me and spray tanning is going to equal a MESS! but this spray tan gives the most flawless tan color. i am very pale, but i use a tanning lotion as a base, and sprayed this tanning spray (in the color deep) over it and i got the most AMAZINGLY flawless toned dark tan :)
U just have to be good at spraying or it could end up streaking,
i would recommend having a friend or someone else spray you, because it's so much easier.
I AM SO TAN NOW THANKS TO THIS PRODUCT!! <3

on 2/2/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I looked like a carrot...seriously! Did anybody watch the House eppisode where the guy ate too much vitamin A? That's what I looked like. It went on easily although it did leave lines no matter how much I rubbed it in. It was a little smelly, but I got over it. I tried giving it away and no takers so it will go in the garbage this weekend.

on 6/18/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this self tanner. In the summer (because I fake bake) I usually have a decent tan, but when I have an event I am going to I will usually buy this product to give me that extra boost. I buy it in the "deep" color and my boyfriend sprays me. He does taxidermy and had an extra sprayer that he never used, so one day we bought this product, opened it up and poured into the jar and he sprayed me. We used the entire bottle and after several hours, it gave me a very deep tan. It didn't look fake at all, just very very tan! I have sprayed myself after showering, just for a quick tan, and it still works great, but I did have some streaks just because it is harder to do it by yourself. I would suggest that before you do spray your body, to use a body scrub to get rid of the dead skin.
I am a little disappointed in how long the tan lasts, probably 4 days, but it looks so great in the mean time that I keep buying ($10 at Wal-Mart). And it also goes on great for the face. I dont ever tan my face because I don't want wrinkles (lol) so I usually spray my face about 3 times. It works for me and I love it!

on 5/4/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't like this. I took off 3 lippy's for the smell, no color guard and repeated attempts to "get it right". First, I primed my skin beforehand and sprayed right out of the shower. I dont know about anyone else but it didn't "dry" in 5 minutes and I was very sticky. Once the color showed up I noticed places I missed (lack of color guard), so I sprayed a cotton ball and applied again, what a pain. The color is nice and subtle, which is what I wanted but it's not worth the effort and time to apply. I dont recommend using it. I was using a spray tan that I bought on line (not sold in stores) that smells like coconuts! It's pricey at $24 but I get 2 full body sprays but it's a medium dark tan, not a glow or subtle tan at all. I ran out and thought I'd try something that I could grab locally - no such luck.

on 5/2/2009 5:41:00 AM

I tried this product as a swap (yay!) and found that I genuinely liked it. It's the two shades deeper formula which was perfect for my winter snow white skin. It developed into a nice bronzy glow after a few applications and has managed to stick by for almost a week. However there are a few keys to note when trying this product (and since the directions state that you don't have to do this- I am deducting a lippie). First off, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE- I cannot begin to tell you how important this is for us "dry girls" after a long winter. I suggest purchasing a body scrubber (you can find them almost anywhere for less than $3). Second, apply a primer- think of this as insurance against a case of the streaks. I like jergens sunless tanning lotion, it develops super slowly, so it is not a stand alone product. However when applied in conjunction with this sunless tanning spray, miracles can happen for us girls who should stay out of the sun. And last but not least, despite what the bottle says, you will need to do a light buffing with a damp washcloth. Granted this will wipe some of the product away, but after a few shots- you will have an EVEN gorgeous glow.
Lastly as a tip for those girls out there, myself included, who are not into scrubbing the bathroom down all day after applying a sunless tanner: apply immediately after showering in the shower. Leave the curtain cracked, because the fumes/ smell can be a little intense without ventilation.

on 5/2/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The medium shade was all that I could find and it was too light for me...the can is waaay too small...no colour guide so it is hard to tell if you are applying evenly!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This gave me zero color after three daily consecutive uses, and it smells soooo bad! My husband begged me not to use it after just the first day, because he said that he couldn't stand to be around me while I smelled like that. I can't imagine why it smells so much worse than the lotions, but it does. Yikes. I'm going to try the L'oreal version next.

I should add, this review is for the "airbrush" can; I don't know if it's different from the "spray" that this product is called.

Okay, I can understand why alot of people are angry with this product. It gives you a hint of color and that is it. I wish they had different shade that you can choose, up here in Canada, there's only one color.

However, this is by far the best self-tanner I can find, this and the spray bottle fron L'Oreal. Why? Because they dry very fast. I can't stand the ones where you have to stand around naked for hours and still rub off on your sheets. Nothing worst than wasting your time standing around waiting for some self-tanner to dry before you sleep, when you have to wake up early the next day.

So if you want a hint of golden glow, this is it for you. But if you want a tan, I suggest you try something else. Took off a lippie because of that, and the color does not enhance even if you apply everyday.

I have a trick up my sleeve in terms of putting this stuff on. Spray the product onto one hand, rub two hands together, apply like you would with lotion or cream. The spray gets EVERYWHERE! They tell you to rub it in afterwards anyways, so you might as well skip the spray and go straight to the rub.

The color is not the color you would get from tanning beds. Get real, what self tanner does? Should there be one, please let me know about it. Anyways, it's slightly orange, but all sunless tanners look orange. On me at least, maybe because I am Asian and have a not so slight yellow undertone to my skin color.

I find the bottle goes out pretty quickly, I use this stuff once every few days and I'm constantly buying more. It does rub off on white clothing, like any sunless tanner, oh well.