Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

4.1

Water, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-3 Cocamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Ternafolia Oil, Triethanolamine, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium-39, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Flour, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Propylene Gylcol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Salvia Officianlis (Sage) Leaf, Rose Canina Fruit Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140). 6/1/09

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I certainly don't have anything against this product. It does exfoliate and leave my skin feeling fresh. I haven't broken out from it, the scent is not offensive and the beads in it are actually quite refreshing. On the other hand I don't have an experience that speaks to this being different enough from other exfoliating cleansers to warrant the price. I know there are die-hard Laura Mercier fans out there and I do love her perfumes and bath products but this just felt a little bit middle-of-the-road for me.
The formula is such that I don't believe this would wash the makeup off my face, so I washed with a heavy duty cleanser, then used this to exfoliate. I felt it did penetrate my skin and cleanse my pores but my skin doesn't look or feel all that different after a week or so of consistent use. The texture is pretty light with tiny microbeads. Like I said, I've got nothing against this and I enjoy using this. When it comes to my skin I'm willing to spend extra-- so long as I am feeling and seeing a consistent change for the better. My skin has always been acne free for the most part, with some unevenness. This did not discernibly help with that. I will continue to use however, because I do believe it exfoliates. However, I will not repurchase because I know there are other exfoliating products that cost a lot less.

Firstly I got a sample of this in a Birchbox I received a month or so ago.

At first I was like this product isn't going to do anything for my acne prone skin and will just make me break out like the rest of them, but boy was I wrong.

I use this product about two to three time's a week and it seriously does even out my skin tone and keep's it smooth and fresh looking.

When I use this product I don't have any problem's with my skin breaking out at all, in actual fact it make's my skin feel healthier and look healthier.

I would repurchase this product only because it is so good with my skin. But i still think the price is a little steep but for great skin I'm willing to pay the £25 + for it.

To Read all 108 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wasn't impressed by this stuff at all. The color and scent were fun, but I feel like this product made zero difference in my skin before and after. This stuff couldn't even strip my skin of makeup, how could I expect it to be sloughing off dead skin?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just purchased my 2nd tube, so I thought this was worth a review. This scrub smells good, and while the larger size of the beads turned me off at first, I find them very effective. This leaves my skin smooth, soft and even. FWIW, LM tinted moisturizer leaves my skin the same way. Not sure what she puts in her products, but my skin loves them. I recommend giving this a try. It's $$, but a little goes a long way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got a sample size of this from ipsy awhile back and i love it. I have sensitive skin and i only use about a pea size amount and im good to go. Doesnt leave my skin red or blotchy and skin feels great afterwards. Use about 1-2 times per week. Prob wont buy tho as the price is too high.

on 6/13/2015 1:40:00 AM

Holy grail product, this is a very effective scrub that I use about twice a week and follow with an emollient moisturizer.

This is a very grainy, "scrubby" physical exfoliator. I find that, for my skin, physical exfoliation is more effective than chemical exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and improve overall texture and this product is by far one of the best I've ever used. After use, my skin is smooth and glowy and it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

The only con is the expensive price, but the entire tube lasts about 8 months.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Well I must say I love this exfoliator I first heard about it from this older Asian lady on youtube and let me tell you she knows where the good ish is at lol. Its such a lovely exfoliator instantly give smoother skin it also smells nice not to strong quite subtle. Its my favorite exfolitor as of right now it causes no irritation and I have sensitive skin. My nose gets a lot of white heads and I don't exactly get facials and extractions as often as I should so I add Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb to my face wash and then I exfoliate with Flawless Skin my skin is so smooth afterwards. : )

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I think if you're looking to buy this you should definitely use a sample size first.

It's a bit of a harsh exfoliant and I have sensitive skin so if you're not especially gentle with it you can end up making your skin quite irritated. However, it does a fantastic job at getting rid of dead skin cells. I have noticed that when I'm gentle with this product that my skin looks quite a bit more healthy and somewhat glowy afterwards.

It's just far too expensive. There's no way I could stomach spending $38 on a face polish so while this does provide good results, there are much better options out there. I believe that the price was inflated just to make the consumer pay for the brand name rather than the quality of the product.

This is a great exfoliator that not a lot of people seem to know about. It does a really good job of exfoliating my skin without drying it out- that's important as I've found many exfoliators are too rough for my skin. I use this every day and love it!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of the few times that I've received a sample of something and afterwards realized I couldn't live without it. This is undoubtedly better than any other exfoliater I've ever used. I have combination skin - the lovely issue of dry, flaky skin that is somehow simultaneously oily, makes for lots of potential issues. I can also tell a difference immediately after I use this product. It's gritty without being harsh. I use it about 2-3 times a week, and when I don't use it, I use a gentler cleanser/exfoliater from Young Living.
Oh, and $32 for a tube this size is a steal, considering a little goes a very long way. I easily expect this to last me several months, if not the whole year. So if the price tag is a deterrent, keep that in mind.
I seriously cannot see going without this - it makes such a huge difference in the look and texture of my skin.