Stila Kitten

Stila Kitten
NYX and Stila swatches on skin, natural lightStila Kitten eyeshadow potMy Stila paletteStila Kitten ♥ HG e/s and highlighter

4.1

talc, dimethicone, ethylhexyl palmitate, mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minerale, tocopheryl acetate, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, nylon-12, lauroyl lysine, boron nitride, silica, methylparaben, propylparaben, [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, carmine (ci 75470), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163)]

on 3/26/2017 8:35:00 PM

Love

on 3/25/2017 8:40:00 PM

They've changed the packaging so many different times since I first started using this shadow, lol. What more can be said... it's the perfect all over e/s wash when I'm feeling lazy but it looks awesome. Can be used as a highlight as well. The perfect color to brighten up your face. & I love the name. I need to replace mine (again) and I'll be annoyed if it's a screw top. Lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

An absolute classic that defines both a brand and an era. To me this is the quintessential noughties eyeshadow, a super high shimmer champagne that you'd see on Paris Hilton in 2004 with shiny lipgloss and plenty of bronzer. Don't get me wrong, I still love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff has reached its cult following status for a good reason! It applies like silk, with the perfect amount of shimmer and shine, is absolutely gorgeous, lasts all day, and never creases. Plus, it takes forever to hit pan with this product! It adds a hint of glamour to any eye look, regardless of whether it's worn in combination with other eye shadows or not. Personally, I can see why Stila is proud to have this as their signature eye shadow. I've been using it for the last 15 years and love it to pieces! It's a staple in my makeup collection!

on 12/6/2016 8:30:00 AM

there isn't much I can add that hasn't been said, but I love this on the lid and inner corners. I use some shades from my KVD Shade light eye to define the crease and lower lash line, then line with Stila's stay all day. pairing this with any mattes looks fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If you take any product in Stila's line, there's a good chance Kitten is there. Kitten is Stila's flagship shade, and deservedly so. First of all, something interesting to note is that this shade tends to be a little inconsistent in all its iterations - sometimes appearing rosier or golder or darker/lighter. But the Kitten powder eyeshadow (the original Kitten, I think?) manifests as a pale, super shimmery, neutral-toned champagne that will look flattering on almost everyone.

The eyeshadow formula for this particular shade is amazing: it's unbelievably pigmented with just the slightest touch and leaves a gorgeous, blindingly bright metallic sheen. I love using this as an inner corner highlight or as a dramatic cheekbone highlight (use a VERY light hand). Because you need so little product per use, the single eyeshadow pan will last you ages. Definitely recommend.

Such a gorgeous champagne eyeshadow. Great pigmentation, buttery formula, and no fallout experience so far.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Champagne color. Has a nice shimmer to it. Color is very nice. I personally prefer to match with darker colors. Provides nice, long lasting coverage that is easy to apply. I like everything about this product :)

This is my HG eyeshadow. The one I have now is from 2008!!! (ew?) and with regular use I still have some left, although there's no "cake" left, it pretty much just crumbles and loose dust. I don't know how they sell it nowadays (I never got into the Stila eyeshadow palette thing....have only bought singles). But I guess I will find out soon. This is a very shimmery eyeshadow, obviously, as others have said. You can achieve an opague, very frosty look, or a sheer wash depending on how much you pack on. Many nude champagne-y eyeshadows just look like nothing on me, unless I prime first then use a heavy hand. A quick pass over my lids adds a pretty sheen that is noticeable enough that it reads you are actually wearing eyeshadow and brightens the eye in the way only shimmer can. Proceed with caution if you are shimmer-phobic due to age.

on 1/27/2016 12:04:00 PM

I finally found a way to make this shadow work for me, because just sweeping it over my eyelids made it too frosty and heavy looking on my not so young skin .My eyes are just starting to show some age, and sad to say, light color shimmery shadows make it look worse. General advice is to switch to matte shadows when you get older, but I think that matte looks just as bad, kind of flat and dead. Just a little shimmer seems to brighten my eyes, the trick is to not use too much.

What I do is apply primer, then press some of Kitten in the very center of my eyelids Using a blender brush, I blend it out, just over the lower part of the lid, not in the crease. This results in a soft, pretty sheen....can add more or less if you want to change the depth. Then I'll take a taupe or deeper pink shimmer and put that in the outer V, then lightly blend again. Looks perfect every time!

Expensive, but worth it...very nice quality shadow.