RoC Enydrial Lip Balm

RoC Enydrial Lip Balm

4.5

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyisobutene, synthetic wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, disteardimonium hectorite, tocopheryl acetate, lauroyl lysine, hydrated silica, alcohol, bisabolol.

on 10/19/2017 1:53:00 AM

So so sad they changed it. Has anyone found anything even remotely comparable?

So upset that they decided to change the formula. I use to buy thsese by the handfuls. Now I won't touch it. Too waxy, drying, and cheap. BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my favourite lip balm. Yes, I said WAS. I've used it for years until the latest tube I got. Right away I noticed something was different about it, and sure enough, after trying it out for a few days, it's definitely a reformulated product.

Then I went to compare ingredients:

Previous version: fairly soft consistency (some people said it's too soft, but I didn't mind it), and slightly translucent in the tube. I can apply it lightly once and not have to worry about my lips being dry for hours and hours.

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisotearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrated Silica, Alcohol, Bisabolol.

Latest version: opaque and much firmer in consistency. I find it waxy and within an hour I feel like applying again - NOT good. I suppose if you find Chapstick and similar products work well for you, this may still be a good, fragrance-free option. As for my fickle dry lips, this doesn't cut it.

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Zinc Oxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Cera Carnauba, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Aqua, Alcohol, Citric Acide, Tocopherol.

I searched fruitlessly for any older stock but no dice. Needless to say I am now on a quest to find a new lip balm to love. Sigh.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was my favorite for many years and I went through 15+ tubes. Recently, they changed it and it's awful. I called the company to complain and they admitted it's different. I had to jump through hoops to get them to refund my money for the last 2 tubes I bought, since the new one is TOTALLY different than before, and the packaging doesn't indicate it. Sigh.

on 1/1/2016 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Used to be my favourite, it feels as if they have reformulated. Now it's just waxy and Chapstick like.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It works for me

on 11/30/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry lips that peel and bleed. I bought this on a whim because I needed a chap stick. This stuff is amazing, it keeps my lips hydrated and seems to heal them. I don't notice my lips cracking anymore ! I will be buying this again and again !

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip balm ever. I bought this when my lips were dried and cracked to death in winter. which allllllways happens to me. The lady said to apply 2 times a day. I smiled and prepared myself to apply like 100 times. But actually one coat doesnt go away like 2-3 hours. Very thick formula. Most of the lip products can only stay half an hour on my lips. Anyway, this product fixed my lips in like 4 hours. I need this product in my life. Buying again and again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never used to drink a lot of water so my lips were always dry, cracked, peeling, all of those nasty things. I used Burts Bees religiously for years because I remember as a teenager, reading in a magazine somewhere that some random celebrity loved it, so I picked it up myself and liked it. Walking into Shoppers, I saw that it was sold out, and the SA talked me into trying something new.

*Price: I think it's something like just over $8CAD. Not too bad.
*Packaging: A nice little twist-up tube.
*Product: Goes on clear and magical. Doesn't leave a glossy look on the lips and sinks in very nicely. No offensive smell, no flavour.
*Positives: How she sold me was by telling me that she sells this lip balm to ***construction workers who work outdoors in the winter***. She said the hydration was so strong that she guaranteed that I would need to reapply this half as many times during the day as I would have to with my Burts Bees chapstick. I thought about how many times I reapplied Burts Bees in a day - maybe 8 times, especially after eating? When I tried this lip balm out the next day, she was right. She was so, so, so right. I think I applied it 3 times the entire day. I didn't even feel the need to reapply after eating or wiping my lips, because they still felt so hydrated.
*Negatives: IT'S ALWAYS SOLD OUT WHEN I TRY TO REPURCHASE BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE LOVES IT TOO.

Initially I cringed at the thought that I would have to buy this over and over again when it's almost $10 a pop, but that's because I was I was looking at it like a Burts Bees chapstick, which I had to buy more frequently because I was using it so much. This is a godsend all year round, but especially during the dry winter months.

on 4/6/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have had problem with my lips for years. Dry... Eczema... Name it!! Since I discovered RoC lip balm I can't use anything else anymore. This is THE best product I have ever found, my lips take it very well. I buy it for almost 10 Canadian dollars it's kinda expensive because I use it a lot, but it is necessary!!! The only problem is that recently I had problem finding it. It is always out of stock at my local pharmacies.