RoC Enydrial Lip Balm

RoC Enydrial Lip Balm

4.5

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyisobutene, synthetic wax, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, disteardimonium hectorite, tocopheryl acetate, lauroyl lysine, hydrated silica, alcohol, bisabolol.

So upset that they decided to change the formula. I use to buy thsese by the handfuls. Now I won't touch it. Too waxy, drying, and cheap. BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was my favorite for many years and I went through 15+ tubes. Recently, they changed it and it's awful. I called the company to complain and they admitted it's different. I had to jump through hoops to get them to refund my money for the last 2 tubes I bought, since the new one is TOTALLY different than before, and the packaging doesn't indicate it. Sigh.

To Read all 110 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/1/2016 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Used to be my favourite, it feels as if they have reformulated. Now it's just waxy and Chapstick like.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my favourite lip balm. Yes, I said WAS. I've used it for years until the latest tube I got. Right away I noticed something was different about it, and sure enough, after trying it out for a few days, it's definitely a reformulated product.

Then I went to compare ingredients:

Previous version: fairly soft consistency (some people said it's too soft, but I didn't mind it), and slightly translucent in the tube. I can apply it lightly once and not have to worry about my lips being dry for hours and hours.

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisotearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrated Silica, Alcohol, Bisabolol.

Latest version: opaque and much firmer in consistency. I find it waxy and within an hour I feel like applying again - NOT good. I suppose if you find Chapstick and similar products work well for you, this may still be a good, fragrance-free option. As for my fickle dry lips, this doesn't cut it.

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Zinc Oxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Cera Carnauba, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Aqua, Alcohol, Citric Acide, Tocopherol.

I searched fruitlessly for any older stock but no dice. Needless to say I am now on a quest to find a new lip balm to love. Sigh.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It works for me

on 4/6/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have had problem with my lips for years. Dry... Eczema... Name it!! Since I discovered RoC lip balm I can't use anything else anymore. This is THE best product I have ever found, my lips take it very well. I buy it for almost 10 Canadian dollars it's kinda expensive because I use it a lot, but it is necessary!!! The only problem is that recently I had problem finding it. It is always out of stock at my local pharmacies.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never used to drink a lot of water so my lips were always dry, cracked, peeling, all of those nasty things. I used Burts Bees religiously for years because I remember as a teenager, reading in a magazine somewhere that some random celebrity loved it, so I picked it up myself and liked it. Walking into Shoppers, I saw that it was sold out, and the SA talked me into trying something new.

*Price: I think it's something like just over $8CAD. Not too bad.
*Packaging: A nice little twist-up tube.
*Product: Goes on clear and magical. Doesn't leave a glossy look on the lips and sinks in very nicely. No offensive smell, no flavour.
*Positives: How she sold me was by telling me that she sells this lip balm to ***construction workers who work outdoors in the winter***. She said the hydration was so strong that she guaranteed that I would need to reapply this half as many times during the day as I would have to with my Burts Bees chapstick. I thought about how many times I reapplied Burts Bees in a day - maybe 8 times, especially after eating? When I tried this lip balm out the next day, she was right. She was so, so, so right. I think I applied it 3 times the entire day. I didn't even feel the need to reapply after eating or wiping my lips, because they still felt so hydrated.
*Negatives: IT'S ALWAYS SOLD OUT WHEN I TRY TO REPURCHASE BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE LOVES IT TOO.

Initially I cringed at the thought that I would have to buy this over and over again when it's almost $10 a pop, but that's because I was I was looking at it like a Burts Bees chapstick, which I had to buy more frequently because I was using it so much. This is a godsend all year round, but especially during the dry winter months.

on 11/30/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry lips that peel and bleed. I bought this on a whim because I needed a chap stick. This stuff is amazing, it keeps my lips hydrated and seems to heal them. I don't notice my lips cracking anymore ! I will be buying this again and again !

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip balm ever. I bought this when my lips were dried and cracked to death in winter. which allllllways happens to me. The lady said to apply 2 times a day. I smiled and prepared myself to apply like 100 times. But actually one coat doesnt go away like 2-3 hours. Very thick formula. Most of the lip products can only stay half an hour on my lips. Anyway, this product fixed my lips in like 4 hours. I need this product in my life. Buying again and again.

I discovered this lip balm from using the MUA 'Top Picks' sorter. I decided to pick one up. I have tried so many lip balms. I have chronic dry lips that are prone to peeling. Although I love using Aquaphor, I needed a day time lipbalm that doesn't look and feel so greasy. This lip balm delivers! I don't have to use this often because it does a good job of keep the lips moisturized without looking or feeling greasy. It doesn't have spf but that's okay with me. It has no scent or colour either. Packaging wise it looks like many of the nivea lip balms but it works so much better than nivea. Also I noticed my lips aren't peeling as often as they normally do. I don't know if it's because my lips are being hydrated properly by this lip balm or that this is the first lip balm that doesn't have irritating ingredients to cause the peeling like most of the balms I've used. This is normally $8 but they went on sale for $5 so I bought a few backups. There is a reason this is one of MUA's top picks for lip treatments, and it's because it delivers! The price is also great for what you get.

* Update: Nov 2014, I still love this lip balm and have purchased it again and even backs as they went on sale. Great stuff. I notice my lips rarely peeling, even if the weather is now fridgid and dry.

Popular Lip Treatments