LUSH Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar

LUSH Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar

3.8

Cocoa Butter, Iridescent Glitter, Shea Butter, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, *Linalool, *Coumarin

on 6/1/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you want to know what being glamorous to the point you pi$$ glitter feels like, get your hands on this massage bar. If you're a masochist, you'll adore this. "Shimmer" is just a sweet sounding trap into a glitter grater. It gets everywhere, it burns and slices your skin to ribbons. All I could do was laugh hysterically at how ridiculous this product is, because there wasn't much else to do since the romantic massage turned into an emergency shower.

I tried shrugging it off to my overly sensitive skin, and turns out, a Lush employee friend had to leave work after testing this on her forearm, as she broke out in painful hives.

It smells yummy and looks great, but please test this before you buy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this! I love all things shimmery and sparkly and especially love to sparkle on a night out. I used to use glitter spray but it would transfer on my clothes, boyfriend and... Well, EVERYTHING! I'm so glad I found this alternative.

I honestly wasn't expecting much shimmer, I thought it would just be moisturiser with a hint of shimmer. But it's actually really sparkly without being OTT. It doesn't transfer onto clothes and has good staying power sticking to the skin. I've bought this more than once (it's unusual for me to buy beauty products more than once) and will definitely continue to buy.

It seems quite expensive for the size of the bar but as I only use it on nights out it actually lasts ages. One thing to make sure of it to keep it in a cool place as it will start to melt if it gets hot. My only real complaint with this product (and tbh it's probably more a complaint about LUSH in general) is it doesn't have any packaging (just the big cardboard box all your products come in) which for a product you are going to use multiple times is a bit rubbish. Of course, this is better for the environment, but they send a MASSIVE brochure with your order, so if they cut this down or sent it by email that would easily make up for a (possibly re-usable) bit of packaging for a Shimmy Shimmy Bar. It's not a big deal though and I just store it in a freezer bag.

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

Perfect little treat for your skin in summer! Gives yoir skin lovely shimmery glow of golden dust. Looks amazing on tanned skin. It also moisturises your skin and gives it a lovely vanilla scent. Little extra benefit is that it can be used as sun protection as well as shea butter is really good for that. It's my perfect summer holiday companion! And the price is just amazing knowing that it lasts for ages. I had one bar for 2 years now.

I use this as a solid lotion, the sparkles are great! (If you like sparkles) it's a little heavy, but great for the skin. Has the same smell as American cream!

I don't love this stuff, but it works as part of my downtown glitter routine. I like the moisturizing feeling of this stuff, and the glitter aspect, but I'm not crazy about the smell. It smells kind of... just bad. This stuff is decent for the price, how long it lasts, and it doesn't really transfer onto clothing. There are better things, but for the value, I'll continue to use this one.

Had my first ever experience with Lush products this week. My online order included Honey Waffle soap which was a complete let down, actually it's so disgusting I'm throwing it out! Then I opened my second pkg of lush product: shimmy shimmy. it's smells not bad but also not the greatest, waaaay too much glitter. Maybe I'll hang on to it for a night out or something fun but just not what I was hoping for at all. I still have another package to open, Sandstone and I'm hoping to like it. I feel like the other 2 purchases were a total waste of my money.

on 2/4/2013 2:22:00 PM

Holy glitter AHOY! I knew it was super glittery as I've been a lushie for many years but wow!
Also it is def vanilla scented but different from vanillary. Its a strong scent, I asked my son if he liked it and he does but it exacerbated my headache. Its okay if you wanna look like a disco ball but I don't so ill probably never use it.

on 5/31/2012 5:49:00 PM

This is a great product for lovers of glitter! Smells great, not too expensive for how long it lasts, overall brilliant!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Give me "G" give me an "I" give me a "LITTER"! Then add excessive exclamatory punctuation!!! Goodness gracious, this is not for the faint of heart. Tinker Bells who dislike anything subtle as for shimmer, rejoice! While this will give you an illustrious aura in evening, you may look like a vampire who's name shall not be spoken in daylight.
Shimmy shimmy is a WONDERFUL product for going out and accessorizing your skin without stabbing it with jewelry and needling in a design, but just as eye-catching. The glitter is extremely fine, but catches light well to give you a very powerful rose-gold glow without the texture of Lustre, which I find a little prone to migration.
The smell is accurate as vanilla and ylang ylang, but I find the clary-sage to fade in time. Timeless and feminine aroma I will catch lingering throughout the night.
For those of you dolls (and hey, maybe even guys, glitter and I do not discriminate) that have dry or sensitive skin like yours truly, you may find that with time Shimmy Shimmy will dry and be a little more abrasive, leaving a sticky residue. To fight this as it usually takes me a while to go through an entire bar, I put on a light moisturizer before hand (layer this with any bannana scents, and it smells DIVINE.)
You can control your application of this as it is in a bar, but trust me that a little goes a Swedish mile, so you get great value for your money. Caution your storage, this glitter will take over like tribbles!

on 3/10/2012 2:05:00 AM

LOVE the smell and texture. HATE the glitter. I don't know what Lush were thinking with this one, they took a potentially great product and ruined it. It's not a subtle shimmer, it's full on glitter. Glitter that gets everywhere, wont budge etc.
It's probably best left for five year old or fancy dress.

Popular Body Skincare Products