4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Japonesque has been available to MUAs for decades but only recently is getting more widely known to the consumer population. In general, they make darned good brushes (Synthetic and higher cost natural-bristles) for a very fair pricepoint. I am a fan!

About reviewer (2440 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 months ago

I came across a few Japonesque brushes at TJMaxx, and they were on clearance too. I bought the small dome one for $2.99 to try it out. I loved it so much I went and got one of each kind left. The most expensive was around $6.00. These brushes are amazing!!! I store all my face brushes together and when I grab them I can honestly say I can’t tell the difference between the Japonesque and my Sigma brushes. They are so soft and are an amazing quality. I’ve only seen them sold at TJMaxx and Marshall’s, so now when I go to either store I always make a stop in the makeup section just to see if any new brushes have come in. Definitely worth more in quality than what I actually paid for them.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

7 years ago

A perfect example of ***You get what you pay for.*** In one word: QUALITY.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I have all the travel size brushes and the ones that come in the tubes and let me tell you these brushes are amazing. They are soft, very easy to use, and they get the job done beautifully. They are a bit pricey but not so much as other department store brushes. These work even better than those department store brands. If you need good quality brushes that will last a very long time but don't want to spend all that money then get these brushes cause they will absolutely work.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

This is a review of the Japonesque travel brush set in a metal//travel tube. I purchased this from a small/indie store. I'd heard great things about Japonesque through MUA. My complaint: The powder/. brush was very rough, was easily crimped although I kept it clean and in the original package, and did not wash well --easily could do better with CVS/Lumene brushes for this purpose. I have CVS brushes that have lasted for years and are much softer and stand up to regular washing. So, my review for the eye brushes is excellent (a nice blending brush, a short brush for tight lining, and a pointed brush for making an excellent close to the eye line.. The container is wonderful for travel.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

11 years ago

I got the eyeliner flat brush today and i love it! very affordable and great quality! will purchase again.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBrown

1.0

11 years ago

i am switching to mineral makeup and wanted to find a brush designed for mineral powder. until now i was only using brushes by trish mcevoy and mac. they are the best !!! expensive, but you do get what you pay for. well, with this economy, i wanted to find a good quality, but cheaper brushes. based on all the good reviews, i decided to try japonesque brushs and went to ulta specifically looking for them. i bought a 'mineral face brush' which the box claims to be 'perfect for mineral makeup'. when i brought this brush home and tried to wash it, the water became black. and it stayed black for at least 7 or 8 washes & rinses. i have never seen such bleeding with good quality brushes, only with the cheapest drugh store made in china ones. when i tried to use the brush, it scratched badly and left many coarse hairs on my face - not a good look. i cannot imagine anyone with sensitive skin using such horrible brush and i am shocked, given such glowing reviews here, how really awful this particular brush it. i would not keep it even if it were only 99 cents. back to ulta this broom ... oops, brush goes

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

11 years ago

These are probably some of the best brushes I've ever used! Seriously. I can't believe I forgot to write a review for them. The quality, workmanship, and durability of these brushes is excellent. I purchased an entire brush set for 39.99 from Ulta about 7 years ago during one of their 'Spend $75 and get this brush set for only $40 Christmas deals'. It included a large face powder brush, medium face powder brush, angled contouring brush, blush brush, highlighting brush, hard tipped angled eye liner brush (love love love), oval eye shadow brush, eyeshadow highlighting brush, and a lip brush, all in a leatherette velcro close case. After all these years, these brushes still apply makeup like new. Because they're large, I've ventured out in search of travel size brushes. I've tried many brands......these are still some of the best IMO.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

I would have never considered these if it weren't for the reviews. The fact that their placement in the drugstore section of Ulta is a shame. When I was purchasing the awful rep that trolls the Ulta tried to tell me these were crap and tried pushing me towards a much more expensive line. I'm so glad I listened to the reviews here and not her. I love that they come in short handles so they fit in my makeup bag. They are on par with my MAC brushes.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

12 years ago

Japonesque makes some amazing brushes indeed. I own both the powder brush and concealer brush. The bristles are sooo soft and apply makeup very smoothly. I never have problems with streaking or caking. And this price isn't too painful either.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

AgeUnder 18