4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

love this stuff!!! i got it at ulta during their buy 1 get 1 free sale and i've loved it since!! the squirrel brushes are super soft. so are the sable ones. they are definitely worth the price. i totally recommend this.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

13 years ago

Very soft, but they do shed if you wash them. I'd prefer it if they were a bit more durable, but while they last they are a lovely product to use.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

from

13 years ago

I'm hooked! I love them! They are super soft...and my makeup application is flawless!

About reviewer (641 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

14 years ago

I finally decided to splurge and get a good, very complete set of make-up brushes. After reading the reviews here, I decided on Japonesque. I went crazy and purchased 14 brushes: foundation, touch-up, powder, bronzer, fan, eyebrow/eyelash, smudger, various eye brushes and two cheek - one flat, one angled. And then I crossed my fingers and waited for them to come in. I almost fell on the floor after using them the first time. These brushes are fantastic, and are softer and work better than the various brushes I have had over the years. I had some old brushes that I "thought" were soft... they now are like sandpaper compared to my new Japonesque set! I have never owned an angled contour blush brush - boy what I was missing! I love every brush - they are so soft and provide for excellent, smooth application. The only brush I am not 100% sold on is the foundation brush, but I do use it on certain areas of my face after regular foundation application. The brushes themselves are very well made, the brush hairs don't end up on your face, and the styling of the brush itself is nice. I am even happier because I also felt these brushes are very well priced for what you get. Instead of spending a ton of money on more expensive brushes, I was able to purchase more brushes. As a side note, I also use every brush now with my make-up routine.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

14 years ago

<-- Addict. I have seven. Concealer, blush, powder, foundation, 2 eye brushes (#230 and #234), and kabuki. The concealer is tiny, precise, and gives a good thin layer. Blush is soft and fluffy like no other brush. Powder is the one I'm iffy about because it's half synthetic, but it does apply powder well and is quite soft considering. The foundation is great, thick and pliable and very multipurpose, with very soft taklon. My eye brushes are my favorites, 100% squirrel, and they are so resilient no matter what I do to them. The kabuki (aka bronzer brush) is lush, dense, and not coarse the way others can be -- it's a big soft buffer. Overall, these brushes are a great price, easy to care for, and of high quality.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOily

14 years ago

These are the only brushes I use. My mom originally purchased them, and they are the absolute best for the money. I currently have the #230 full size eye, the travel foundation, the Bronzer, and the full-size Blush brush. The eye brush is fantastic and has withstood MANY months of foiling and cleaning. It always applies my loose powder mineral eyeshadow glimmers smoothly, evenly, quickly, easily, and picks up a TON of pigment with even a tiny amount. The foundation is great for liquids, the bronzer is used primarily for bronzer and mineral makeup, and the blush brush is great for mineral makeup as well. All are of great size, the handles feel nice and sturdy, and I never have any problem cleaning any of them. Clearly the eye brush is my staple, as it was my first, but I love all of my brushes and feel secure that they will last as long as I need them to. All of them range between $14.00 (foundation) to $35.00 (blush).

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinCombination

from

14 years ago

I have several brushes including a mini set in a tube and a regular sized concealer brush and foundation brush, and they are all wonderful! They never fall a single hair or anything and I particularly like the concealer brush, which is very flat so that it applies a thin and even layer of concealer each stroke. All the brushes are extremly durable and high quality.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

14 years ago

Oh, the luxury! Japonesque's squirrel hair brushes can't be beat. They transform makeup application into a sensuous experience. My boyfriend even fell in love with them -- when I was showing a friend my new brushes, he grabbed my new kabuki brush and started stroking it on his cheeks. Oh. Ah! Definitely worth the price if non-shedding, soft, quality brushes and wonderful makeup application are important to you.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily

HairBlack

14 years ago

I am really sorry that I didn't listen to the reviews and try these sooner! They are awesome! Great quality at a great price. I purchased them a few times and kept returning them thinking since they weren't purchased in the dept. store they wouldn't be any good. However the reviews here kept me coming back to them. Finally I bought a few, ripped open the packages & used them before I could change my mind. I couldn't be happier. Learn from my mistake - listen to the reviews on these brushes! Have patience though - Ulta usually runs sales on these every so often so wait if you can and get an even better price on them. 2 thumbs up!

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

Japonesque brushes are incredible - I recently splurged and bought a bunch to replace my Sonia Kashuk brushes. What a difference! The brushes make a huge difference in the way my mineral foundation applies, blush, eye shadow, powder - everything looks smoother, softer, and well-blended on my face. Not to mention they are super-soft and great quality. I purchased the travel-handle brushes because they are a bit cheaper, and I find the shorter handle easier to work with than the full-handle brushes. They are absolutely worth every penny!

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair