Laura Mercier Eye Basics

Laura Mercier Eye Basics
Eye Basics

4.2

(Eyebright, Cotton, Flax, Linen, Wheat, Buff, Peach): Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Talc, Lanolin Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Carbonate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract. ( /-): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 2/26/2017 3:13:00 PM

I really like this product and I must say I have been using Wheat nearly every day for my "minimal/work kind of make-up". It evens out all my discolourations perfectly and makes my eyes appear fresh and awake and offers a polished, natural look. What I do is apply wheat all over my eyelid and then with a sponge dab and blend it. It does dry to a powdery finish and I have had no problems with creasing. However, I don't find I could use this an eyeshadow base/primer as I feel it would be too heavy (for me) to also apply eyeshadow over it (sometimes I just might lightly fluff some of my blush colour in my crease). I also use Buff on days when I want a little bit of colour or something "warmer". Have repurchased twice.

on 2/15/2017 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried and tried to use this but it's finally going into the garbage. It holds shadow well but that's it. The applicator dispenses way too much product and the neck of the tube gets really gross with buildup. I've had Linen in the old formula which I liked but the neck of the package broke prematurely. Wheat is just blah on my NW20 skin. It's an OK base but for my aging eyes Tarte Clean Slate 360 is far better because it smooths, holds my shadow and livens up my lids with a very slight pearliness that doesn't change my shadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Laura Mercier eye basics is actually a primer. On my opinion a really bad one.
It creases within two hours (even if I use it alone), at the same time it becomes very dry and patchy. I've never experienced these problems with any other primers.

on 2/5/2015 4:26:00 PM

I use Flax as a primer and to even out and brighten my entire eyelid up to the brow. This stuff holds eyeliner and eyeshadow pretty well, isn't drying, doesn't highlight dryness and doesn't crease. I also use it as undereye in a pinch.

on 8/17/2014 3:05:00 PM

I have this eye basic in Caramel. I really like the color, so so with the texture. It goes on smoothly, leaves a sheer brownish wet sand color finish, last all day. The only con is the wand makes it hard to control the amount of product when apply, so need to pad very well with the fingers.

LOVE LOVE LOVE, but use it as a shadow, not as a primer. I love this with just liner and a colourful lip. I am NC30 and have it in flax and linen.

on 5/22/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this eyeshadow base stays very put and in place. the color choices are great for different skin tone. i am pale asian and flax color suits me very well. the eyeshadow and liner go on very smooth and stay still. it is quite different to get it off though i must say. easier with waterproof / cleansing oil eye makeup remover. this is better than too faced or urban decay IMO.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This applies to the shade Linen. My favourite primer. I used to use Mac Painterly but this is so much better. Perhaps Painterly holds shadow on longer without creasing but this is still better. Painterly paint pot was dry and patchy compared to this, and too pink. This is the perfect base. It's almost like using YSL Touche Eclat or similar on your eyes, it makes your lids so perfect and flawless, like a brightening concealer as well as a primer. It is so smooth and silky, shadows just glide on and stay all day. You don't need a base shade like Mac Brullee or anything like that with this, you could skip highlighter on the browbone or use it as a natural lid shade. I often just use this all over with something in the crease and it looks lovely.
There's no dragging or patchiness, I guess the silky feel on application is silicones but it's not too siliconey at all ( I found UDPP too siliconey and watery). It is a bit expensive but it LASTS. I took a lippie off the overall rating because it could hold shadows longer without creasing in hot weather, but apart from that it's flawless to me.

on 4/4/2014 1:08:00 AM

Overall, thin consistency, does not cover well.
Packaging is good, easy to apply.
Quite a bit in the container seems like a good value.

Not usually a primer fan as I don't wear eyeshadows but the associate at Sephora tried it on me while I was purchasing foundation and I thought it looked great. The novelty wore off after a few days and i'm back to using foundation/concealer on eyelids again. I use it now and then and remember I don't like it and put it back.

on 3/21/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wonder if it's been reformulated? The consistency is very thin, doesn't work well for me as a primer, it's very slippery with very little coverage. My veins show through even when layered. It wasn't cheap so I'm trying to use it up but it's hard to reach for because it's so horrible. This is the first LM product I've purchased and not loved. Should've swatched it before taking it home.