4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This is reliable and as stated below by another person, a chameleon. It can work with several colours, today I used it with a charcoal shadow and sapphire liner. It is an enhancing neutral but not plain- it is just as good as many more famous/highly praised taupes I have. Formula is excellent- does not irritate my sensitive eyes.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

I've actually gone through two full pans of this. I'm to the point where I only use this eyeshadow plus a liner. Love. Lasts a long time and is kind of a chameleon. Pretty things, need only a few :)

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I spent hours over a couple of weeks literally looking for this exact shade and finish in all of Sephora AND Inglot AND MAC makeup stores. I swatched tons of colours and finally found this - Very nice even on my warm-neutral skin, exactly what I wanted. It is a subtle taupe with a slightly complex finish similar to Dior's Shadows (back when Dior shadows were good quality) - micro glitter mixed with finer shimmer and yet still satin-y. It is good for under eyes, crease, etc. Versatile and blends out well- maintains its colour no oxidizing or ashyness or ugly unflatterinv undertone. Neutral but one of a kind

About reviewer (635 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

5 years ago

One of my favourite shadows and go-to's for quick makeup. After switching to cruelty-free I had to find a replacement for my beloved Covergirl Tapestry Taupe. I took the pan to Sephora and swatches to find the closest match, and this is what I left with. It's not a perfect dupe if they're side by side but you wouldn't know the difference for day-to-day wear. I can wear this all over the lid and right up into the crease with just a brow bone highlight and a little eyeliner (black or deep purple both work great) and have a natural, subtly smokey eye that brings in compliments. It makes my blue eyes pop quite nicely. It also wears well blended with other colours into the crease or outer lid. Quite versatile. Of course, UD is much better quality that CG. It's buttery soft, blends well, and lasts great with a primer. Definitely recommend for blue eyes and taupe lovers.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

For me Stray Dog is one of my favorite crease colours. On me its taupey, brownie, pinkie with a hint of mauve goodness. On my cool NW20 skintone it really goes well. The formula is buttery and highly pigmented. I just have to touch my brush to the pan and it's plenty of shadow to do my crease. This looks great with Fishnet on the outer lid and Macs Shroom on the inner lid use whatever highlight you like and a little liner and I get a very clean smokey eye. This is one of my favorite shadows. I own Satin Taupe too and they both work with my skintone and green eyes. It'll last me a very long time so to me it's worth the $. If your a fan of taupes that are a little complex this is a great one to own. I see so many colours in it and it just works with practically any shadow I pair it with. Especially purples which is my favorite shade so I'm very happy about that. It's a staple in my eyeshadow arsenal. Recommended!

About reviewer (912 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

EyesGreen

from

5 years ago

If you are looking for a mid tone taupe that does not look wonky or come out as just gray, brown, or plum, this is it. Especially recommended if satin taupe did not work for you.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

7 years ago

Stray dog is the perfect neutral taupe color. For reference, I'm NC435-NC40, golden undertones. I'm always frustrated when trying to find the perfect taupe because most of them lean purple/mauve, or when they lean bronze they start looking pink-ish on my skin. Stray dog is the perfect neutral. Emphasis on neutral. It leans brown on me. Although i've seen the swatches comparing this to MAC's satin taupe, mac's leans mauve. Stray dog for me is the perfect all over the lid color that I can wear on its own to work every day without my brown eyes looking devoid of life. It has a beautiful satin finish that's not overbearing or sparkly, making it perfectly suitable for every day wear against my skin (it would probably look a lot darker on someone lighter, or lighter on someone darker, etc). I like to apply this with a tarte brush that's natural hair and fluffy but not too fluffy. I have tried to apply this with the brush that came with my urban decay naked palette and I don't like how stiff it is. it makes the eyeshadow look a lot more pigmented, which is great, but definitely too much for an office setting, so a wash of color is all I need. I am definitely buying a few more to stock up on with this one. this sucker is pigmented as all get out and will last me a while, but I'm paranoid about things getting discontinued when I fall in love with them! (that seems to be my luck).

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

I just purchased it this week, and WOW I am in love! It is so buttery and creamy and blends like a dream. Although it has already been stated in many other reviews... this is what I wanted satin taupe to be. I usually prefer MAC eyeshadows to UD because I think there is just waaaaaay too much glitter and shimmer in UD e/s but this one is just perfect. This is the perfect everyday eyeshadow and it can be dressed up for night time. I used this on the lid, kid in the crease and transition, vanilla to highlight, and carbon in outer v... looked AMAZING! Would totally recommend this to anyone of any skin or eye color. <p> <p> http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

I don't know why I keep buying Urban decay when the products aren't great. This color is gorgeous!! Fell in love with the smoothness of it. But, yes big but, the eyeshadow was fading within 2 hours of wear. In an average day I have to reapply this shadow twice. For $18 each you shouldn't have to put a primer on to make these last. And because everyone is comparing this to Satin Taupe, just know Mac is cheaper and it last all day (no primer).

About reviewer (387 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

Stray Dog is a gorgeous shimmery taupe that has the slightest mauve undertone but the white-gold shimmer helps balance the coolness. In comparison to MAC's Satin Taupe, this is more shimmery, less mauve, and is much buttery and pigmented in comparison. Depends on the look you're going for, but I prefer Stray Dog as it brightens up my eyes better, and just looks more polished. If you're looking for a very basic taupe that you're looking to use for day and night, Stray Dog is yours. I think it would suit all skintones alike.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age19-24