4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

This is one of my HG eyeshadows. There is no glitter, just a beautiful taupe-brown that happens to compliment my skin-tone perfectly. The color looks a lot different in the pan then on my face. I HATE satin taupe, but bought it because it was supposed to be a dupe of stray dog (or vice versa). Satin taupe comes off bronzy on me and looks nothing like stray dog.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

Yes, yes, yes! As another reviewer said...THIS is what I hoped MAC Satin Taupe would be. Stray Dog is a beautiful plum based taupe, which is a fantastic compliment for any eye shade. It makes my green eyes really stand out. There are no silver or gray tones, which is what ruins taupe shades for warm complected gals like me. Nor do I see any brown, but maybe it depends on eye color and complection. The consistency can only be described as "velvety" and the pigmentation is amazing. I can very the intensity of the color easily from very subtle and natural to very rich and smoky. It layers smoothly and blends beautifully. I used this as a crease color over BE Vanilla Sugar, with a very dark purple (the very darkest matte purple the WNW "Lust" pallette) in the outer V and along the lashline. I finished it with UD 24/7 liner in "Rockstar". I'm very pleased with the look. Because I'm so pale, it's hard to achieve a smoky look with black and gray. They're just too harsh and too cool. So I choose purples for a smoky eye, and this really does the job nicely. It's fairly pricey; $17 for one eye shadow is a little steep for me. But I think it will last quite a long time, which makes it a better value than a shadow that you have to layer and layer and layer to get satisfactory color payoff. I've only recently begun to experiment with high end eyeshadows and I have to say that I am far more impressed with the quality of the UD eyeshadows than I am MAC. MAC shadows are nice, to be sure. I can't dispute that it's a quality product. But Urband Decay are just better, IMO. And, I don't have to go to the mall to get them, which is a HUGE bonus for me.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Stray Dog is such a pretty dark taupe. It's an excellent crease shade for everyday looks for me. The quality is amazing, and the pigmentation is perfect.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I love this color!! beautiful medium taupe brown with nice shimmer to it, easily blendable and perfect for everyday !!! Can't go wrong with this color.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

10 years ago

My favorite eyeshadow by Urban Decay!! This is my go-to color in the morning when I'm rushed or just don't feel like going all-out on my eyes. It's a cool, highly-pigmented, everyday, medium brown....a great neutral color for brown-eyed girls like myself. I love using Stray Dog on the outer half of my lid and UD'S YDK on the inner half. A neutral look with a twist! It stays looking fresh and crease-free all day with UDPP. I've already repurchased once and will continue to do so as long as UD makes this color!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

Stray Dog is what I had always hoped Satin Taupe would look like on me. The UD website describes it as a "cool medium brown," but on me it is a flattering plummy-taupe color, which is exactly what I've been looking for. It's not too shimmery, highly pigmented, and lasts all day--couldn't ask for more.

About reviewer (465 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I'm going to have to agree with other reviewers on here saying this is the satin taupe dupe but I only discovered that after purchasing this ONLY because they were out of YDK at Sephora. No wonder this one caught my eye, Satin taupe is my fav of all time. It's a shimmer taupe that is buildable and neutral. I love this shadow and therefore would def buy it again!

About reviewer (344 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

Oh how I love Stray Dog! I love neutral looks with my brown eyes, and I'd been searching for the perfect taupe shade for a while. UD had the ideal one for me! Where to start? It applies very smooth, and can be worn very light, or can be built up. It isn't a very dark or bold color, but rather a warm brown. Great for the crease, or an all-over color. I like wearing it on the outer corner and into the crease with Underground all over my eye. The color is mysterious, yet still natural. Definitely a re-buy!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 years ago

AMAZING. If I ever had an eyeshadow that one word described so perfectly, that would be it. Stray Dog is a warmer taupe shimmer full of perfectness. It's a go-to crease color for me and I love it dearly. I would not hesitate to call it a HG.

About reviewer (277 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

10 years ago

If you are looking for a pigmented, smooth, every-day neutral, then this understated taupe is definitely for you. It's the only eyeshadow that I keep at work, because I know that it will go with everything and will always look natural and pretty. I'd give it a 4 on a shimmer scale of 1-10; compared to other UD shimmers (not glitters) it really is toned down. I wear a swipe of this on my lid and crease with a little mascara, and my green eyes have gotten their lift and I can feel completely confident that I still have a natural look.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair