4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

This is great but I've only used it at night due to its greasiness. I would repurchase if I had to but I prefer Colonial Dames vitamin E moisturizer for $9.99. Eterna has that old-lady, suffocating floral smell and I think I paid about $34 or $36 for the larger sized jar that comes out only once or twice a year (but is still smaller than the Colonial Dames.)

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

13 years ago

I bought this cream after meeting a woman at seminar who had worked at Revlon for years. I sat next to her for 3 days and could not believe she was 50. She has been using this cream for 30 years and doesn't even have crows feet. She mentioned that recently a group friends (all formerly of Revlon) get together and one thing they shared in common was gorgeous young looking skin. They call Eterna - the secret. Yes, this product is very greasy. Yes, my face reacted to the initial application, however in the morning the redness was gone. I am 53 and blessed with great genes for good skin and most people guess my age as early 40s. However, recently that crepe paper appearance developed under my eyes and of course I've had crows feet for a number of years. Have been using Eterna for a month evert night and the crepe paper look under my eyes is improving, crows feet are softening. Overall tone of my skin has tightened dramatically. I've tried everything at about every price and the results from Eterna are visible and fantastic! I use this at night about an hour before I go to bed. If I am not going out in the morning, I'll use it as well. Also, I use it on my hands and the texture of my skin on the back of my hands has improved as well. If you are younger and using this product, just keep using it. Since I have seen for myself the results from years of use ...it will be worth it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

13 years ago

My mother has used this for years and when I saw all of the good reviews I thought I'd try it for myself. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me. WAY too greasy (1st 3 ingredients) and the fragrance is so strong I can't stand it. I tried using it on my neck only over my GA treatment, but it actually seemed to irritate my neck even more. And forget about putting it on my oily face. Total grease pit in even the smallest quantities. I tried using it at night over my other night treatments thinking it would at least be soothing, but I just woke up with dull, clogged, totally greased out skin. Yuck. I am using it on my hands and feet before bed at night, but I can barely handle even that. Using straight Sweet Almond Oil is working much better and is much cheaper.<br><br>INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil , Beeswax , Petrolatum , Propylene Glycol , Isopropyl Myristate , Sweet Almond Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis , Cetyl Esters , Avocado Oil Persea Gratissima , Sesame Oil Unsaponifiables Sesamum Indicum , Sorbitan Oleate , Lanolin Wax , Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride , Lanolin Alcohol , Sorbitan Trioleate , Tocopherol , Niacinamide , Cholesterol , Lanosterol , Cetyl Alcohol , Sodium Borate , Fragrance , Corn Oil Zea Mays , BHA , BHT , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Trisodium EDTA , Beta-Carotene , D&C Green No. 6

About reviewer (1099 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

13 years ago

After reading so many great reviews of this - I gave it a go, thinking it would be nice to find a good moisturizer that was easy to find (I live literally hundreds of miles away from any dept. store or boutiques)& a nice price. Sorry to say - I thought this terrible. Hated the scent, the texture was strange & oddly tacky & just did nothing for me. (and I have dry skin) I didn't even want to waste time using it up on my hands. So back it went; it just was not for me. So far the nicest drugstore moisturizer I have found is L'oreal's Decrease.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

HairOther

EyesGreen

13 years ago

It's funny how everyone's talking about their grandmothers in relation to Eterna.... my grandmother gave me a tub! I'm 27 but I use Retin-A and my skin can get dry and scaly in the winter. I use this every other night instead of Retin-A and it makes my skin soft, glowy and plumped up the next day. You have to be careful not to use too much, though, because it is very heavy but spreadable. A tub lasts forever. My grandma has gorgeous skin-- she looks twenty years younger than she is (she's 75) and hardly has any wrinkles. She has been using it since it came out. It is expensive, but twice a year Revlon puts the tubs on a half-price sale in special packaging... so stock up then. I'll be using mine for awhile though!

About reviewer (380 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

13 years ago

I bought the All Day Moisture lotion which they do not have a separate category for as well as the night cream and I absolutely LOVE them both. The day lotion is not nearly as heavy as the night cream and absorbs incredibly quickly. I have noticed a significant improvement in my nasal labial folds (the lines from your nose down toward your mouth) which get quite exaggerated when dry. The other place I have noticed a marked improvement is on my chest. I got a 2nd degree sunburn (blistering etc) there some years ago and it always looked slightly lined/wrinkled. The night cream seems to have done a good job and changing the appearance of that area. I will definitely buy both of these products again when they run out.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

from

14 years ago

This is my HG moisturizer - no doubt. My grandmother and mother both used this for many years and once while staying with my mother, I forgot my moisturizer so I borrowed this from her. I was definitely not used to the thick consistency or the way it felt on my face at first, but my then red face was absolutely glowing and the redness gone that next morning! I stopped on my way home after that trip to buy a jar. That's how impressed I was and that was 15 years ago! Here's the amazing thing, I have roseaca and if I use anything else my nose gets flaming red, but this wonderful moisturizer calms and soothes and richly moisturizes my also dry skin. This cream has a very soft soapy scent, which I love, of course, because it smells like Mom and Grandmother! My Grandmother used to say that she would rather have this cream than food! Funny, but she sure did have beautiful skin all of her life. Here's my regular ritual - 1. Cleanse with Philosophy Purity Made Simple 2. While my face is still slightly damp, I scoop a tiny bit of cream into my fingertips and rub together and then smooth into my skin, nose first. Within seconds in sinks in. During the day I use the Eterna day cream, which I like too, but it doesn't come close to the regular Eterna. I wear BE mineral foundation over the day cream. I can't say enough about this product. I don't know what I would do if Revlon ever stopped making it!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlond

14 years ago

Fantastic! Just wish it weren't so expensive, the cheapest I've found is Ebay but in online stores, it's usually around $30-50 a jar. Of course, the jar lasts a while, but still expensive. <p>As stated below, greasy texture at first and it yields a shiny face, but after letting it sink in my skin looks fabulous. Gets rid of my flaky dull winter skin, and works well as a night cream. <p>Don't have any wrinkles yet so I can't tell if it works as well for that as advertised, however no breakouts or redness and my skin feels excellent. Definite repurchase.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

14 years ago

So fabulous for the winter months....leaves my skin soft and dewy. I also use it as an eye cream during the summer...I love it!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0

15 years ago

I have this in the lotion form. I like the moisturizer, but feel that it should come in an un-fragranced version. The scent is very strong and I don't like it.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinNormal