Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I want to marry this stuff. I used LM for many years but it is harder and harder to get in Switzerland even though it is sold her, and paradoxically easier for me to get Chantecaille even though it isn't sold here. For whatever reason the LM loose isn't sent to our counters here but when I am Paris I can pick this stuff up.

The coverage and wear of the Chantecaille is similar to the LM but with the Chantecaille I use far less product. The Chantecaille is finely milled, but not so much that it is blotchy. It doesn't oxidize or cake or settle into my fine lines, of which there are many.

There isn't anything not to love about the Chantecaille, which is only fair given its price tag, but it is a fair price to pay for something that works with minimal fuss.

on 5/1/2012 4:17:00 PM

Fabulous: ultra-fine, non-drying, lasting formula, which delivers a complexion-enhancing, soft-focus result. Pigment (use light) is verging on the translucent with just a hint of fairness, so appropriate for a spectrum of colour complexions.
Generously sized to boot!

on 6/15/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really nice loose powder that provides a nice matte affect without covering you up too much. Chantecaille products are great and don't make my skin react or break out, which is awesome. Perfect color match. Thumbs up.

[Edited on 8/5/12: I no longer use this because it irritated my skin and broke me out. I plugged it into Cosdna and Mica is the second ingredient. Mica really bugs my skin, so I'm surprised I didn't have a worse reaction. It's probably because I never used this powder regularly. I gave this to my mom whose skin doesn't react at every little thing! (Why didn't I get her skin?)

I'd still recommend this if Mica is ok for your skin.

on 4/16/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best loose powder I have ever tried. It leaves a beautiful matt yet natural finish. It never cakes despite the amount I layer on and I never need to touch up through the day. It contains natural SF which is a big plus for me. I recommend this product highly.

on 12/3/2010 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just had someone give me this powder because the shade wasn't right for her (and it was the perfect shade for me).

I had never heard of this brand before but I thought I would give this powder a try!

I have to say it is hands down the best loose powder I have ever used! I use it as a finishing powder and it makes my makeup and skin look flawless and airbrushed!

I tend to get a little oily by the end of the day but I haven't had any issues with oil since I started using this powder.

I am hooked for life! Highly reccommend!

This powder is talc free and looks flawless on the skin. I feel like I am wearing nothing, yet my skin looks even in tone and perfectly matte. It is great on top of any foundation, and on a good skin day. I wear it on it's own. It feels comforrable and looks great! My HG complexion enhancer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fabulous powder that blots out oil without being heavy or overly matte. It's never chalky and looks beautiful in real life as well as in photographs. I so agree with others about the packaging...while it's very pretty, it is so horrible in keeping the product contained. I was doing fine by twisting the top off slowly, but then I DROPPED the container and now it's all lose up in there. I now have to slowly twist the top off over a tissue in order to catch all the fallout. I literally don't have to take it completely off; just a light twist and all this powder falls all over the place. Point being, this would be stellar with better packaging. If I need to take it somewhere or have it in my kit, I need to put it another container - and for the price that it costs, that's unacceptable.

Hello

I am Mixed Black and Italian
Love the color Shadow, for me adds a little more color
And blends great with or with out foundation.
I have future skin in Haze I Love that product as well

Will buy again,
Only problem is when opening the case make sure to open slowly
And you will not loose any powder.

It helps to cover my oily t-zone and looks GREAT !!!
Love, love, love
And I have tired a lot of powders to cover up my shinny t-zone

Great product..

on 2/26/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Soft as silk and the color is a perfect match (Subtle) for my yellow undertoned medium asian skin. I use the Just Skin in Glow. powder is so sheer you hardly know its there. The very last step of my make up routine. I absolutely hate the packaging and might not repurchase because of this. it comes in a pretty metal canister but when i pulled the lid off, there was powder everywhere! then i pulled the sticker off the holes and shook it a little to GET some product and the darn thing spilled all over my hand. i didnt want to put the powder puff back on top, so i reused the sticker-but i dont know how long that will last! i am using it with a brush instead of the puff. So yes, i would repurchase IF the packaging was better. when i run out i am going to check out La Mer. I tested YSL and the powder was nice and the packaging was very cool (you only grind what you need)-BUT there was too much sparkle in it for me. UPDATE: it's still soft as silk but i am SO hating the packaging still! its horrible! everytime i shake it a little to get some darn product out it gets all over the place-what a waste! it either doesnt give me enough out of the sifter or it gives me too much all over my hand and the sink. sigh...plus its a pain to take the lid on and off and on....
UPDATE: ok decided will not repurchase ONLY because i use the MAC blot now to set my makeup, etc. since i am so oily. this is nice to have but more of a luxury item. will finish the rest though as i am too lazy to take back to neiman's (hate going there! too uppity...im a nordie's girl!)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really the best i try by now. I am not fan of loose powders and i don't really like powdery look but this one just gives me gorgeous face
My face doesnt look like have loose powder at all. Its leaving me a lovely mate finish smooth my skin and my make up last all day long. I just couldnt stop touching my face all day ..is so soft.
I am MAC 15-20 and I have it in # Light (from a lovely swapper.TY Liz) and when I see it really look to me like flour but ones I apply is GREAT.
I try many powders like La Prairie, T.LeClerc, Caron, YSL, Chanel and so much more, so far this one is the best