Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

My friend recommended this loose powder to me, and I love it!

I have normal-combination skin and it gets a bit oily towards the afternoon. I have tried many different foundations but nothing really tackles the problem. Recently I feel that I don't want to put on a foundation everyday (my skin looks decent with no major breakouts, maybe a bit of larger pores around the nose), so I have been looking for a loose powder which will protect my skin and provide a bit of oil control (I cannot just go out without any powder on. It actually makes my skin break out and becomes more oily. I blame it on pollution :/)

Many loose powders are a bit too powdery for me, so I decided to give Chantecaille a try, and it works! It decreases oil production by about 30% (I won't say it's almighty, but 30% is quite significant compared to almost no results that I have seen in other products). The powder is also very very fine and soft, so it feels like nothing is on your face, and it looks very natural. Yet I do have to say, if you look for coverage, this is NOT for you.

The 2 drawbacks are 1) pricing and 2) the quite un-user friendly package design. If you want to avoid powder from flying everywhere, you need to tilt the case a little bit before you tap the side of the container to release the powder (which works very well with just a bit of practice). Nonetheless I also hope Chantecaille will consider to redesign the container again.

Despite the 2 drawbacks, this is the best loose powder I have ever used! I think I will repeat my purchase for sure! :)

on 9/25/2009 9:29:00 AM

My one and only loose powder, I have been using this for 5 years now. i have previously tried other loose powders and this is the only one that takes the crown.

Like the other testimonials that others have given, i have to agree with every bit.

Sets make up without cloging pores, no caking and does what a translucent powder is set out to do,,,,be TRANSLUCENT. It does not interfere with your foundation and blush, just sets what you have already applied.

it has one of the best textures ...finely milled to give the best texture and least suspecting that you have caked on powder.

The only thing that frustrates me with this product is that it is expensive and that the holes that the powder dispenses from makes it time consuming, cos the powder doesnt come through the wholes onto my sponge easily. One of my other frens have transferred their chantecaille LP into a more friendlier dispenser, (old loose powder compacts from other brands that are empty)

These are one of those products that will always be in my make up kit.

on 2/22/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried several good cruelty free powders in all sorts of price ranges. I've been attracted to the Chantecaille brand for a couple of years but their stuff is pricey and hard to come by. This isn't a brand that has counters in every mall across the world. While overpriced it looks and feels seamless, like I've put nothing on. It also leaves just a very subtle glow so my skin doesn't look too flat. If I could get my hands on this more easily I would make it my regular powder.

Although the power is great, I always have difficulty getting the powder out of container. I would buy this powder again only if the packaging is updated.

I absolutely love the radiance and silkiness of Chantecaille loose powder. But the flimsy container is just inexcusably messy. Product spills out every time. This product is to expensive to store in a Ziploc bag! I would give the packaging a zero if I could.

on 8/14/2006 11:14:00 PM

I bought this gorgeous loose powder when a beauty salon in Kentucky had a 50% off sale of their Chantecaille stock back in 2005. I am so glad that I did as it gave me a chance of trying an expensive product that I would have either wise won't.

For reference I am a MMM-GGG (black hair and very dark brown eyes) and use the following foundation shades: GA LSF #8, Sue Devitt 70% Triple Seaweed Gel Foundation Nullarbor Plain, and Chantecaille Future Skin Sand.

I bought this in Ray and I must say it was a perfect shade for me! It didn't oxidize like any of MAC's bases and it gave a light and dewy finish but at the same time made me look polished also. The product itself is very very finely milled and is just all around a pleasure to put on. A few people below has made comments on the packaging, but I didn't have much of a problem with it at all.

I just wish now that I had the common sense to stock up and buy more than one of them, now that mine has run out and would have to buy it at full price again. I love Chantecaille bases and powders and this loose powder is amongst my top 5 of all loose powders.

on 1/10/2006 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This woud have been a great powder, but the lightest shade is not quite a good match for my Armani #2, Chantecaille Alabaster, LM Porcelain Ivory skin.

I have the loose powder in Subtle. The powder is very sheer and provides a natural finish. I like the fact that it's talc-free but it's just not matte enough for me. The packaging is so pretty, but have to open carefully to avoid spilling. It is definitely a very good quality powder, but the shade choice is very poor. I'll not buy this again because I prefer either T. LeClerc or Chanel better.

on 9/13/2004 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful powder. I put on my liquid foundation first, then, I add my Chantecaille (Light Loose Powder) on. It stays naturally on my face whole day long! Too bad it's not available in Thailand. I must buy it from Europe/US only :-(

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a long time since I haven't used a powder. They use to dry out my skin. But I heard about this talc free powder and gave it a try. I think it's great. I don't know loose powder enough to give and efficient critisism, but for me it will do, it's gonna be my HG loose powder for this season...and for many futur seasons if more affinity...