4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This is the best shimmery lip gloss I have ever tried. I cannot find it anymore, maybe it got discontinued.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 months ago

This is a great gloss as not only is the shimmer so fine and well integrated in the ideal proportion so that it doesn't read as frost, but the texture is incredible. It doesn't look goopy, more 'glassy' actually. It also has that slight rosy mauve tone which I think is enough colour. I used to be obsessed with Natalie Portman when I was growing up and saved a whole folder of her pictures that I would look at often trying to figure out the way the MUA must have done the makeup as she could look so different from picture to picture. I am convinced this was the gloss used in many of her photoshoots in the late 90s and early 2000s.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

7 months ago

I wanted a nude rose gold gloss to go with my Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Collection. My favorite gloss is Boy Bait but i felt its too expensive for less product and the Lipglass has better longevity so i bought Nymphette on a whim. It looks like a pink gloss with gold shimmer in the tube but on the lips its almost clear peachy pink with a beautiful rosegold sheen. Its perfect with a smokey eye or Pillow Talk Blush and Eyeshadow quad. I love using it with the Pillow Talk Lipliner or to revive the Lipstick after the color has faded as a topper. I much prefer Nymphette over Prrr because Prrr washes me out and the silver pearl tends to make my face look dead and ashy if i do not have eye makeup on. Nymphette is a lot more flattering on my Nc15 - 20 neutral pale olive skintone. I dont feel like these make my lips dry if i prep them well. I use Palmers Cocoa Butter Swivel stick and keeps them moisturized before i put any lip products on. The shine on these lipglass really does resemble glass. It looks wet and makes the lips super pouty. This is a sexy nude gloss for any occassion. I dont find it overpowering or too over the top. I find that you can apply in thinner layers for a translucent rosegold sheen or layer it more for an opaque sex kitten glossy nude lip. This is a sticky/heavier gloss, not in a goopey way(Glossier and Nars) but it stays on forever. It really hugs the lips. I have a problems with the longevity on the cremesheens and every other gloss ive tried on the market. Ive tried drugstore to Tom Ford and i feel Mac is midrange and its worth the money. (Estee Lauder owns both Mac and Tom Ford) Plus Mac sell mini sizes for 10 usd. Or its free if you do Back to Mac at the stand alone stores. Edit, this is still my favorite Mac item along with Fix plus but i dont know if id repurchase. Ive been wearing other glosses in comparison and this beats them out of the water with its longevity and shine but loses on the comfort department. I guess you cant have both in the lipgloss world. I will get this if i back to mac but i wont be buying this again. Def a great gloss to keep in the backburner or purse though.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

Love this one... the way I love wearing it is by applying Mac whirl lipliner all over my lips and this gloss on top. Sooo gorgeous!! Nc20 skin as reference.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

a year ago

I love it over other lipsticks, my favourite is over Creme cup for a pinky glow, over Velvet teddy for a bit of shine and to dab it in the center of my lips over Twig to add some shine. I don’t really like it as a stand alone lipgloss, since glitter sinks in my lip lines. I would repurchase since it’s so versatile that I can dab it on almost any lipstick to give it a bit of gold summery glow.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

a year ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2enJ8JUOV4s"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2enJ8JUOV4s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object> Pros: Beautiful color and shimmer - just stunning Stays for a long time Cons: Texture is thick and tacky, which helps with staying power, but gets stuck in your hair Overall 5* for being beautiful and wearable

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

I love Lipglass! I must have every color. It truly is the best lipgloss in the world. My only complaint is that it's a tiny bit sticky but I can live with that. When you want shine that will get you noticed go with MAC Lipglass! They don't call it that for nothin.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

3 years ago

Gorgeous. It isn't very pigmented. You're using it mainly for the lovely gold glitter but it does make lips look a nice pale pink colour. I like it over Myth lipstick or by itself with Whirl liner.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

LOVE. It's a gorgeous pinky beige with gold flecks, looks perfect on my NC35 skin tone

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

4 years ago

The lipglosses are not worth the money I found a lipgloss by milani that is the exact same color and thicker I bought a few from mac in the past but wouldn't waste my money again and the nyc lipglosses last longer than mac.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age30-35