MAC Velvet - Texture

MAC Velvet - Texture

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Texture is a warm peachy medium brown. It's more pink than soft brown and slightly lighter than Saddle. It's great on the lid for a softer warm smokey eye or in the crease for more natural looks. It's very soft and the hint of shimmer makes it blend easily. Sometimes I use a hint of it to warm up my eyebrows when my hair is looking extra red in the summer. I prefer it to soft brown I think. I honestly don't understand the obsession and hype with soft brown when there's bamboo, texture, and kid around.
Jaclyn Hill has an old tutorial using texture on the lid for a warm brown look (she also does this with Brown script which is a more red brown look). Anyway, it's a good tutorial.

on 3/27/2016 10:41:00 PM

This is the shadow I didn't even realize I was looking for. Bought it when the price on pans went down to $6. Now I wear it everyday on the lid, blended into the crease and along the lower lash line. It works great with my coloring (green eyes, blonde hair, nw20)

To Read all 116 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love using Texture as a warm transition or crease colour. It applies lightly making it perfect for this area. Soft Brown is unfortunately not available in the UK so if you want that but can't get hold of it, give Texture a try instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a softer version of MAC Cork eyeshadow, in my opinion. I find Cork too orange/coppery for me and Texture is much more wearable for my Asian/NC30 features.
Unlike Cork, Texture has a sheen to it which makes it easier to blend.

I'll wear it all over the lid for an every day look or pair with other similar shades.
If I want more of a bright eye look, I'll wear MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as a base.

Texture is definitely a great, versatile eyeshadow for most skin tones and a staple for me.

on 7/19/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A warm orange based crease shade that looks nice paired with warm toned eye looks. It's very easy to blend.

on 4/16/2015 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Best versatile color ever! Texture is a warm, medium, brown-caramel-toffee color with a tiny specks of shimmer but this is not a glittery eye shadow, I guess you could call it velvet or satin. Great texture, quite buttery. Blends, distributes and color payoff are all A+. I use this mainly in my crease as the base crease color. Alone, or paired with other colors it works. As a wash this is also great.

Rarely do I call a product universal, but I can see this used on everyone on every skin tone. The sales assistant at MAC is the one who showed me this. She applied some on my crease and it was just the type of brown, the perfect middle versatile brown that was I was looking for! Especially as a tan/dark tan person(NC42). The SA also had this in her crease and she had very fair skin with hazel-green eyes. NC45 and up ladies this is also for you! It would make the perfect natural looking wash of color or even crease color. Like I mentioned, this is versatile, a "workhorse", and overall a great eye shadow.

If your looking for a completely matte version of this for a cheaper price, NYX Dance in The Tides is a very close dupe.

on 7/31/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I like neutral eyeshadows for my NW45-ish skintone and Texture is perfect!!! This eyeshadow is the perfect mix of matte with just the right amount of sparkle. It's very "creamy" and easy to blend. Works perfect as a neutral eye with a bright lip. Definitely a must-have!!!

on 10/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! I have found the perfect eyeshadow shade for my NW20 complexion, dark hair and light green eyes! This shade really makes my eyes pop and can be worn in either daytime or nighttime. I love it!

on 10/6/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

One of my top 10 eye shadows, a dream to apply, brightens the whole face! Amazing as a wash when you're in a rush, or in summer, when you want less make up on.

on 9/5/2013 11:23:00 AM

MAC Texture is a dream. PLEASE try this combination it is absoilutely one of the most beautiful looks for everyday work/walks or a date!
1. MAC Groundwork Paintpot then MAC Naked Lunch wash on 2/3 of the eyelid, leave the outer third for the next step,
2. Apply MAC Orange (alt you can use MAC Red Brick if you don't have MAC Orange) with a fluffy blending brush to the outer third of thew eyelid - do not fear!!!! It won't be orange in the end! Then apply Orange across about a 1/3 of the lower lid using a pencil brush for best results. DO NOT BLEND out just apply, you want the intensity of Orange to be there.
3. Take the same brushes you used for Orange and apply MAC Texture on top of everything you applied with orange already.
4. Use your favourite highlight on the brow bone. I like Vex or Nylon but maybe Brule or Ricepaper would be less shiny if that's how you like it more.
5. Feline MAC Eye Kohl inside the top waterline (you can use black liner if you like on top of the lid but no need IMO), Fascinating MAC Eye Kohl on the lower waterline, mascara and that's it!!!! A-may-zing!!! Guaranteed that everyone will complement the face and the makeup!