Aussie Sprunch Spray

Aussie Sprunch Spray

3.6

on 2/6/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This spray is really good! I have wavy hair. So, if I go to bed with wet hair, i wake up, with nice soft waves! I can spray some sprunch in my hand, then finger comb through my front and sides for a bit of hold! Works great..great scent, not too strong and the hold is medium in my opinion. Perhaps a heavier hand could make stronger, but no need here. Easily available at many stores which is great!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 5/2/16: this is the shizz for real! I have been wearing my hair curly & I found this in an awesome aerosol can in "1 Flexible Hold" labeled that it's made ESP for curly hair. It is amazing. I wash my hair every 4-5th day w Matrix Biolage cleansing creme for curly hair w their curling creme on wet hair, then spray this spray & scrunch it which at the Christian Meeting yesterday a bunch of people asked if I had gotten a permanent wave. I just finger comb it. This morning I applied one pump of the Biolage creme & used my fingers to distribute then I sprayed my hair lightly w this spray & finger formed the curls believe me it wasn't difficult & stuck a cute skinny headband on & voilá! Perfectly formed curls looks like I had laboriously used a curling iron all over my head to form like spiral curls not those frizzy half formed waves but I just wish my hair was a lot longer but skipping heat styling may help my hair to grow. I normally crave stick straight styles or a jersey shore pouf (guidettes generally do not have curly hair as a rule! Oh well!), I'm not a real guidette apparently coz I'm reveling in my God-given curls cmon that's like a special talent bestowed when you are born w amazingly curly hair! It would be a shame for-crying-in-tha-beer to flat iron this all out if it's not frizzy. Only flat ironing when they are not salvageable but normally w some nominal work they can be salvaged (wet them, gel or mousse or creme, Sprunch spray, diffuser if necessary, proper hair ornaments optional but recommended (would really help!). If you have curly hair GET THIS SPRUNCH SPRAY the curly hair #1 flexible hold 1. It's an essential part of my curly hair routine I won't be without it & next time I go to a store that sells it I'm going to stock up! It's incredibly cheap (not quite as cheap as AquaNet) oh & if also doubles as a MU setting spray (use at your own risk!), I figured this out when I got Cinema Secrets setting spray which the first or 2nd ingredient is SD-alcohol just like hairspray but cinema secrets is less sticky. (& $24 fricken dollars for rubbing alcohol mixed w water!) I do not advocate using hairspray coz it may not be entirely safe so do so at ur own risk bit it does really work! These curls got me feeling like shakira or a super model. "Cover girl! Werk! Turn to the left! Sashay! Shauntaye!!"
CUUUUURRRRRLLLLLSSSSSS!!
---
Original review: I love I mean REALLY LURVE me a s-ton of Aussie in general & <3 this spray. I hate the bottle, I'm thinking of pouring it into a trigger bottle instead coz it makes my arm tired & nozzle gets clogged up. It's sticky but I admit IT WORKS!! I wash my hair every 5th day (don't judge!), so I have to get creative (curly 1st/2nd days; flat ironed for a cpl days, 1 day maybe then last day it's crunch I mean Sprunch time!! I need something like glue for that 4th/5th day & this is it!!). I cannot brush this out; after 5 days of product it requires washing in general but this product is sticky. It smells awesome! Like grapes, watermelon, & Dimetapp (haha on the couch syrup no not smell like Dimetapp!). This is all in all very effective for curly/beachy hair just perf & the price is right! I've been using this since junior high I swear. I don't know of any other product remotely similiar even high end hair products. Aussie & AquaNet are the only DS hair staples I have, kind of a hair product snob I admit when I can afford to be!! (Not always). Shame on me coz I really love me some Aussie...all of their products are stellar!! & that exotic signature scent wish I could find in a body spray perfume lotion bodywash!! Faboo!!!

To Read all 144 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/24/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have been using this stuff for years. It's not the only beach wave enhancer i'vd tried, so i know quite a bit on what's out there. This stuff looks it's best 4 hours later! At first yea, it's going to look crunchy. But the spray works like a mousse in that it forms & then falls out once you touch it, leaving behind a wave.

I have straight hair naturally, but i twist my hair up in two buns to make beach waves every morning. This stuff makes this process of mine possible :) oh & the price is great! Smells great. I get compliments on both the smell & my hair

on 8/8/2014 4:57:00 PM

If you're looking for a hairspray to hold in curls that you've styled yourself, I don't really think this is the best for that. I think its true purpose is to enhance natural waves and curls without having a crunchy or sticky feel. I think it's great for my hair which is wavy and tends to frizz up and get puffy. It is a really quick and easy way for a casual hairstyle that isn't so forced (the way it might look with stronger hairsprays). It is a go-to spray on days when I want to wear my hair out but am not really sure what to do with my hair. It gives a flexible hold that lasts long and all I do is scrunch it up and toss it around a bit after spraying. It's great for what it is supposed to do and I don't notice the smell that most have mentioned as being absolutely wonderful or extremely horrid. I can see myself buying it again because although I have some other products that create a similar effect, none of them are meant to be applied to dry hair. Being able to apply it to hair that isn't necessarily freshly washed is important because I don't wash my hair everyday and I don't always want to plan my hairstyles in advance. With the Sprunch Spray I can reach for it 5 minutes before I leave--it takes less than a minute to spray and quickly scrunch up for an easy hairstyle.

on 6/14/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very fine wavy hair that is actually quite versatile if I start it off right. This spray is marvelous for holding in your waves and giving you body. After I shower I put hair gel in my hair and scrunch it up and let it air dry (for my hair blow drying it makes it look worse). Once the gel is dry I tousle my hair to make it not so crunchy. Then I use this spray all over, to further define curls, give me more body, and set it. This stuff is marvelous! I have tried garnier sprays, all different types of hairspray, and even "sea spray" sprays. But, this stuff works. I feel if it works for fussy thin hair, it would work for thick hair as well. Use after gel, not alone. Or on already curled hair.

on 6/13/2014 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

OK, so i see all the bad reviews for this. I also see how everyone is saying they use it. I dont think its being used correctly. I use this AFTER I put my gel in my wet hair. It makes it curl up more and HOLDS it there. I can even sleep on this stuff and wake up, wet it a LITTLE and a LITTLE gel and spray it and still looks good. I am also blow drying and scrunching up my hair off and on during this process. Works great. I have VERY thick heavy hair. It was also extremely long most of the time using this. I love it. the spray bottle does suck tho. Wish they would go back to the aerosol can, it worked much better.

on 6/4/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm at my 2nd bottle and it is AMAZING. You can choose how strong it holds you hair and it lasts forever. It also keep your curls or whatever you do in place during winter or summer and it smells SO good.

However, I think they changed the bottle and it doesn't spray as good as it used to but luckily, I kept my old one and just switched the new product into the old bottle.

I'd never trade it for any other "hairspray."

I am on like my 10th bottle of this stuff. It is one of my holy grail hair products. Ok so if you are looking for a strong hold hairspray, do not purchase this product. You will be really disappointed. This product if meant for a very light hold. I have naturally curly and frizzy hair. If I use mousse or gel alone, my hair gets super puffy. All hairsprays I used would make my hair crunchy and hard, or they would be too expensive. This is only about $3 and it doesn't make my hair crunchy at all. It tames my frizz and puffiness. It doesn't weigh my hair down. It actually gives me just the right amount of volume. The package isn't my favorite, but I can't complain for the price. Sometimes it is tough to spray the product out, but I can deal with that. A tip for this product is using it when your hair is wet. I spray this into my wet hair and let it air dry. This probably won't work well if you are using it to hold an already dried style. If you are going for that simple wave/curl, you will love this. I will use this product for the rest of my life.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sigh...why did I give in and buy this?! You would think that by now I should give up on trying new hair care products and just stick to what I know works for me. I decided to give this a try because I typically like finishing off my hairstyling with a little hairspray on an almost daily basis. I had been using Got2 Be Glued and that works great. I thought I would try the Aussie Sprunch because it is supposed to enhance your curls- and supposedly you can use it as a scrunching spray as well as a hairspray. Well, this did ABSOLUTELY nothing to enhance my curls when I scrunched it into my hair. Plain water does more. This is JUST a lightweight hairspray- there doesn't seem to be anything curl enhancing about it. And as a hairspray it's not even all that great. It does provide a very light, non-crunchy, flexible hold... so if you are looking for that in a hairspray, this will work for you. I prefer hairspray that provides better hold, though. The smell is akin to grape soda and didn't bother me. Just totally bummed that this did not work as a curl enhancing scrunching spray. Hope I can return it... :(

on 10/30/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this... I did.. I adore me some Aussie and I'm kind of lazy sometimes so I wanted to figure out a way to do something with my straight hair on my less-than-motivated days...

This was not the answer...

I have really fine hair... And I had a heck of a time getting my hair unstuck from my hand when the "sprunching" process started. I eventually got some sort of wavy effect... But my gays starting referring to me as a scarecrow that day because my hair felt like straw..

So while this is clearly not ideal for my hair, maybe it's better suited for thicker hair :)

Additional note: I used this one other time... I was a pirate for Halloween last year... Worked perfect for that! (Except for the stickiness.)