L'Oreal Paris On-the-Loose in Sugar Coated

L'Oreal Paris On-the-Loose in Sugar Coated

4.1

on 11/27/2012 10:24:00 PM

I found this recently after forgetting about it for years because I decided I didn't like it as an eyeshadow - now I use it as a highlighter and am *in love* with it. It has a lovely iridescent shimmer which makes for an amazing glow on my NC20 skin - not too white at all, and lasts all day. A little goes a long way so I start with a tiny amount and love that I can build if necessary to create a more dramatic look. I also have Benefit's High Beam and find that this blends way better and gives more of a natural glow (I like High Beam for more drama).

I don't love the packaging because it is very prone to spillage, so when I don't take this when I travel. I just shake it up and tap whatever gets onto the cap with my finger. Too bad that these are DC'd but I'm glad there is SO much of it in the pot. So happy I re-discovered this!

on 2/10/2011 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic powder for highlighting! It's not a stark white, which is one of my peeves when it comes to white eyeshadows or highlights in general. It's VERY shimmery though, so one should use a light hand when applying it. It's very sheer too, not a stark chalky white. Looks very fresh and dewy when applied on the cheekbones. I sometimes mix it into my moisturizer, powder the spots that I don't want to shine too much, and my skin looks very fresh!

Lovely, with decent staying power.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was a lovely frosted white color, that worked perfectly as a eyewash. I would buy this again, but as usual all great products have to be dc'd for some reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These are the closest drugstore purchase to MAC pigments. Shades are highly pigmented, easy to blend and last all day. Originally retailed between $6-8 each. Each small pot contains 2 grams of product. If you are looking for pigments, then these are a great way to go because of the price. I find loose powder to be a pain in the neck to apply, and too messy. The colors are very nice though, all look beautiful and apply true to color with great staying power. Sugarcoated is a shimmery white highlighter shade.

on 9/8/2005 12:58:00 PM

A shimmery white loose shadow. Not very useful in itself as a shadow, but okay for mixing with body lotion for a glow--or you can sweep it directly over your cheekbones, clavicles, etc. for a more intense shimmer. Not the best of the OTLs--that honor goes to Beauty Queen!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not the most interesting color in the OTL line, but it probably is the most versatile. It's great for toning down some of the more nut-so OTL colors and it also works very well as a highlighter. By itself, it creates a sweet, innocent, doe-eyed, ingénue look. Wear this when you want to get away with murder.

on 4/5/2004 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very versatile OTL..There are so many uses for this one. It looks great as a highlighter and a wash for your eyes. I don't use it that much, so I am not sure if I will use it up though. It is a great one to have..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Sugar Coated is a pretty, delicate, twinkling white - Quite versatile ... It looks beautiful painted on the lids with a drop of Visine to lock it into place and bend the powder to its full intensity. It looks equally as ethereal when worn as a soft wash... Especially beautiful with bronzes and golds [think UD Baked, OTL Flashlight / Hyperspace]. Looks fab on the cheekbones. Olive NC30.

on 3/6/2004 3:04:00 PM

This shows a metallic white on me, very shimmery.Might not be suitable for day look, but nevertheless, its pretty!