Ben Nye LiquiSet

Ben Nye LiquiSet

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not bad as a mixing medium, but frankly i've had great success with Murine Natural Tears (yes - eyedrops!!) mixed with MAC pigments or MAC Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow or UrbanDecay eyeshadow or Almay eyeshadow. BenNye has worked with all of these as well but: only one sweep can be applied to eyelid. If i need to add more, it gets patchy colour bits on my eyelid = unhappy me. i went to MAC for the water-based mixing medium, only to be told i had to go to the Pro Store. Was in 'hood of Hiscott's and found this instead! Waaaay cheaper (cost me $8). i put some pigment into a sample jar, then i pour a bit of the BenNye Liquiset - mix and apply w/ a brush = lovely! Easy application! Easy mixing! Vibrant colour! No irritation. No allergic reaction.That being said, the only real diff b/w eyedrops vs. BenNye is: mixing Pigment with eyedrops gives an odd lumpy texture but i can always smooth that out and add more, so i'll repurchase my Eyedrops and won't repurchase BenNye. continued >>

on 7/17/2006 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! what am I doing wrong here? I can't get this stuff to work for anything! I have tried this with Mac pigments, 5 various etailer pigments, and a wide assortment of pressed shadows. I have gotten the same results everytime....streaky, cakey balled up mess! I have tried it with and without primer and I have tried it thin and thick. I usually put a bit of pigment in a dish....dip a brush in liquiset until it's wet and mix whatever is on the brush with the pigment and apply. First stroke is streaking and when I brush over to try to blend it balls up and gets even more streaky. I haven't tried is using it to line since I like a smudgy dry line. I also haven't tried brushing it on top to seal since I use and love ben nye final seal for this purpose and I was looking for a mixing medium to replace plain water. I think for now I'll just stick with water since it does the job well enough for me. I paid pocket change for this little bottle and it was worth at least trying it out.