L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product for taming my mane straight after drying !! So smooth!!!

on 3/1/2013 7:49:00 AM

I've used L'oreal hair products from this range before and have been quite pleased. It's only until recently I found my hair to be quite frizzy so I started looking around for reviews of a good hair serum online, then I came across this and decided to buy it! So glad I did! During the first few days of application it did nothing more than giving my hair a nice smell. However, after a week or so, there is a noticeable difference in the condition of my hair! (So please, do not give up after a few days!) Also, it doesn't leave my hair feeling oily or anything after 2 pumps of this serum. I bought this in a drug store in Singapore for around SGD10 during a promotion. It's totally worth it for something which works and gives a nice scent, in my opinion :D

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The is a great product. Having tried many serums from the salon, Moroccan oil and anything else you can think of I can honestly say this is the best value for money. I have fine hair and this product smooth my hair beautifully, helps stop tangling and ads shine without weighing it down. I usually put 2 pumps in my hair when wet before blow drying and another pump once I finish curling which helps make the curls look polished and tidy. The product is also great to keep in your handbag for a day at the beach or to quickly tidy hair before after work drinks. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

What I like about the product: It works really well on Frizz-Its packaging is good especially for travel - Kind of fragrance free so works great for sensitive hair and scalp. - Works best on dry hair.

What I dont like about the product: You got to use at least more than 1 pump to get those frizz under control. - Dosent work well on wet hair. - Price not very expensive if you compare to high end products but still on the higher side if compared to Panteen or Dove.

My Review:
Now I have really dry hair and gets really Fizzy especially after shampooing. I have been searching for a good and effective anti Frizz serum that's not that expensive but definitely works for a long time. I have used products that work for the time being and some within minutes have disappeared with no trace of managing the Frizz, I am personally a huge fan of L'Oreal products be it personal care products or cosmetics. BUT not a great fan of their range of Shampoos and conditions (Which I will review as per product elsewhere). But the Anti-Frizz Serum is pretty good. Though its supposed to be applied on wet hair and its supposed to manage the Frizz I have noticed that it dosent do much on wet hair but if applied on dry hair works wonders. You might require more than 2 pumps though.Its almost fragrant free and hence is good coz i dont like products that have to linger on my hair the whole day. Moreover it comes in a small bottle which is great to carry around. It makes your hair soft and smooth and more importantly manages Frizz. For me it works great coz after using it my hair is neat and tidy and more so as if I have just walked out of the Salon. Some would say its slightly over priced compared to the quantity but if you compare to a lot of other Hair serums from very high end products its not that expensive either. I definitely recommend the product. A must have in your make up bag for sure. :)

on 11/7/2010 7:05:00 AM

I don't really use this product every day (I hate having too much hair product build-up on my hair). I tend to use when my hair feels so uncooperative.

I have thin hair, as in thin by the strand but as a whole, my hair gets pouffy because I've done a bit of a damage to it. So whenever my hair dries and it doesn't dry the way I want to (sleek but with volume), I pump a small amount of this serum, spread it all over my palms, and generously apply it on my hair starting with the ends then going up.

Some people apply this with damp hair but see, damp hair doesn't necessarily mean dry. Damp hair has bits of water in it and I find it contradicting to apply this product while your hair is from wet to damp because this is basically oil and we all know that oil and water will never go together. So I tell you, apply this with DRY and not damp hair. Aside from actually seeing results, you don't waste the product.

I have to tell you though that if you really have dry and rebellious hair, this thing won't magically make it look hydrated and sleek. It doesn't weigh the hair down, I tell you. It CONTROLS the frizz but it doesn't miraculously gets rid of it in the long run. It is thin in consistency that's why it's easy to run on your hair but also thin enough to just tame MINOR frizz and not drastic ones. Also, if you have curly and really wavy hair, don't ever expect this thing to make it straight. This thing is an anti-frizz serum, not a relaxer.

I still love it because I normally don't get greasy hair with using this stuff like how it normally it gets greasy whenever I don't wear anything on my hair, which is odd.

This is practically ideal for me since I can't afford all the expensive anti frizz hair serum. And about comparing this with the kerastase oleo relax serum, well I've tried that and I can honetsly say that the oleo relax one is only by 5% better in sleeking out the waves of your hair. But this loreal one is better because it less than half the price of the kerastase one and does the job almost 95% as kerastase. (Wait why am I even saying this when kerastase in under the loreal company!)

So if you don't have that much hair trouble to begin with and you want something to tame your unruly hair every now and then without having to splurge money, then I highly recommend it.

PRO's:

-Affordable AS COMPARED TO other brands
-Makes the hair look manageable WITHOUT weighing it down
-Gives a good amount of shine WIHOUT making it look greasy
-DOES tames frizziness here and there
-Makes curled hair look so much more flatteringly wavy
-Hair feels smoother and healthier

CON's:

-The pump is out of control. I only need half a pump of this serum for my hair length, but it always pumps in full. You can never half-pump this.
-It's very hard to find this nowadays. I HOPE THEY DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS. :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is on the pricy side for drugstore brand ($8.99 for 3.4 FL), but it works great, better than the Super Skinny Serum by paul mitchell that I also like. When i done shampooing, towel dry my hair then I will add this, then blow-dry. I don't even need conditioner, this thing helps to seal the moisture better than the conditioner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i like this.
it's nice and not heavy.

the only downfall is the price vs the size.
i mean your getting to little for the price but i guess i can live with that

on 7/3/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Excellent product for reducing frizz. I have wavy, coarse, thick hair. My hair is so dry that even using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask every other day doesn't control the frizz. I use this after conditioning while my hair is still wet, and it does a great job. I have used many serums in the past and nothing worked so I gave up on them until now. This one is worth every penny!

I really don't know how this product came to be into my stash... but I'm grateful to the mystery! I straightened my hair 5 days ago (I insist: 5 days ago), and I decided to try this serum out. So I squirt (and no mess for me) two pumps into my hands. I have hair one inch below my shoulders, so you know. I comb the product through my hair, blowdried and flat-ironed. I noticed my hair was silky and shiny. Now get this. This product is virtually weightless. My hair is normal, and I wash it after about 3 days. Now it's been 5 days, and my hair isn't greasy at all. I am amazed. Run and buy this. Sounds like a staple to me!

on 1/26/2007 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff and have been in tears since it was discontinued. I had everyone I know looking for it, including my best guy friend. I finally ordered two bottles off eBay and can now wear my hair down again. I've been putting it in a low ponytail because no other serum (and I've tried them all, drugstore to high-end) gets my hair so smooth and sleek.