Clairol Shimmer Lights

Clairol Shimmer Lights
Shimmer Lights

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Disodium Phosphate, Glycol Stearate, Ricinoleamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Cocamide Mea, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylizothiazolinone, EXT. Violet 2, Cl 60730, Violet 2, Cl 60725.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo STINKS. it is awful. The smell reminds me of an old lady talc and overpowering old lady perfume. My boyfriend was disgusted by the smell in my hair. It is also MEGA DRYING. It doesn't matter how long I leave it in, it dries my hair out and it doesn't really tone it very well. I do not recommend at ALL. DO NOT BUY.
If you want a good toning shampoo try ion purple shampoo or Joico toning shampoo. Don't waste your money. I bought a huge pump bottle size which was overly expensive and didn't smell it first. Big mistake! It's been sitting in my shower for over a year. I use it to clean my bathtub when I run out of cleaner. It seems harsh enough to clean a bathtub so I don't think it is gentle enough for hair. Ugh!

on 7/18/2017 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This shampoo IS strongly scented and anyone who has ever used it will tell you they smell your "purple shampoo." It is also somewhat drying and your hair will likely tangle like crazy so be prepared to use a good leave-in conditioner. That being said, it is the BEST shampoo for brassy hair out there, none of the higher-end shampoos even come close to the brass-busting this shampoo and conditioner offer. I may try using the conditioner as shampoo for co-wash at times and see how that works.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I cant really comment on the efficacy for this product as I have only used it once. The smell was so offensive to me I just couldnt do it.

Also left me hair dry and parched after rinsing out. I would recommend a deep condition after.

Woof..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't expect to love this as much as I do.
I always heard this shampoo was super drying, so I never used it.
I got some from a friend and decided to try it.
It's the most pigmented purple shampoo I have tried! I've tried several from Matrix to Joico, and this eliminates brass the best. It doesn't seem to dry out my hair anymore than other purple shampoos.
If you leave this on dry, platinum hair, it will stain the hair purple, which I love.
Great for the price!
Highly recommend.
A+

Sort of works, but is also very strongly scented and very drying.

on 6/23/2017 5:03:00 PM

I love the light Violet streaks it leaves...very slight
but can see them in the sun...use a very good conditioner after every time to prevent dryness.

I tried this on my highlighted hair and it did nothing for me. Also it really really dried out my hair and scalp :(

Paint this on your hair while its dry and leave it in for an hour or two. You will have a purple tint but it will fade quickly. Fixed my hot orange roots in one use. Now they are a cool blonde that matches the rest of my hair. Slightly drying but a deep conditioner will do the trick.

At first I was unsure what the end result would be with using a purple shampoo but I'm happy that I decided to give it a try. Suggest by my stylist to tone down brass tones and shampooing away yellow, I have experienced wonderful results so far. I use once weekly or when needed (when I notice any fading in my highlighted hair). It makes my hair shine and feel soft after using and has maintained a rich highlighted color.

on 7/21/2016 4:40:00 AM

i think this is an amazing product. i was doing a lot of research on this shampoo and i found a great article discussing it and for those that are interested in doing the research i want to make that easier for them by providing them with and article that i found toi be very helpful let me know what you think. https://www.mapleholistics.com/blog/purple-shampoo/

Popular Shampoos