Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo - Blonde & Silver

Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo - Blonde & Silver
Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo - Blonde & SilverProfessional Shimmer Lights Shampoo - Blonde & SilverProfessional Shimmer Lights Shampoo - Blonde & Silver

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Disodium Phosphate, Glycol Stearate, Ricinoleamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Cocamide Mea, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylizothiazolinone, EXT. Violet 2, Cl 60730, Violet 2, Cl 60725.

on 10/31/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Do not use this shampoo!! I was using this shampoo for 6 months and it left horrible buildup on my scalp and hair! I went to the salon today expecting to get my hair coloured and my stylist said that my hair could literally catch fire from the buildup mixed with the chemicals from the hair dye and that I would have to sign a waiver. She had to cut inches off of my hair to help save it, wash it 3 times and do a treatment. I also had to purchase products to use for the next month for every time I shower to remove the buildup. $270 later and I now have short hair and could not get any blonde put in it today due to this product. It is extremely drying AND made my hair break off after months of use. I used this shampoo every few days, maybe twice a week and I have had horrible results in the long run. It does honestly give great blonde colour and take away any brassy tones after one use, however it is not worth it. I also read on amazon that other women had similar experiences with hair breakage and product buildup. My hair used to be down to my waist and now it's just past my shoulders. Overall, I'm very upset with the results of this product and I DO NOT recommended,

on 9/2/2018 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this smells like the worst 1970's Avon perfume. It gave me a headache and it lingers all day. To make matters worse the conditioner is like purple water.

on 8/22/2018 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

If u r using product and notice that ur hair is shedding more, it's the shimmer lights. I didn't link it to my hair shedding at first. But then I remember when I brought it that the clerk told me to only use a tiny amount because it is harsh on the hair. And sadly, I didn't think about it until my hair was already thinner. Now I have to find a product to restore.

Stop using!!!

on 4/16/2018 11:47:00 AM

This was my first ever purple shampoo. I was impressed by it, especially for such a great price. Decently pigmented, does the job but it smells icky. Have tried better products since though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo and the conditioner even better. I even love the seriously strong smell, although i’m 37 and it reminds me of something really strong my mam would use back in the day. If your not one for strong perfume smells your not going to like this but people compliment me on what perfume im wearing and i tell them its the purple shampoo on my hair lol. However, I have friends that use this and cant bare the smell but love the effect so use it anyway. I actually prefer it to fanola no yellow only because fanola is absurdly pigmented and can turn my hair purple in parts, yes purple, not lilac like shimmer lights can. I deep condition after using this every time. It can be drying but only as drying as any other purple shampoo but after deep conditioning your hair is like silk again so its not an issue.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo STINKS. it is awful. The smell reminds me of an old lady talc and overpowering old lady perfume. My boyfriend was disgusted by the smell in my hair. It is also MEGA DRYING. It doesn't matter how long I leave it in, it dries my hair out and it doesn't really tone it very well. I do not recommend at ALL. DO NOT BUY.
If you want a good toning shampoo try ion purple shampoo or Joico toning shampoo. Don't waste your money. I bought a huge pump bottle size which was overly expensive and didn't smell it first. Big mistake! It's been sitting in my shower for over a year. I use it to clean my bathtub when I run out of cleaner. It seems harsh enough to clean a bathtub so I don't think it is gentle enough for hair. Ugh!

on 7/18/2017 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This shampoo IS strongly scented and anyone who has ever used it will tell you they smell your "purple shampoo." It is also somewhat drying and your hair will likely tangle like crazy so be prepared to use a good leave-in conditioner. That being said, it is the BEST shampoo for brassy hair out there, none of the higher-end shampoos even come close to the brass-busting this shampoo and conditioner offer. I may try using the conditioner as shampoo for co-wash at times and see how that works.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't expect to love this as much as I do.
I always heard this shampoo was super drying, so I never used it.
I got some from a friend and decided to try it.
It's the most pigmented purple shampoo I have tried! I've tried several from Matrix to Joico, and this eliminates brass the best. It doesn't seem to dry out my hair anymore than other purple shampoos.
If you leave this on dry, platinum hair, it will stain the hair purple, which I love.
Great for the price!
Highly recommend.
A+

on 6/23/2017 5:03:00 PM

I love the light Violet streaks it leaves...very slight
but can see them in the sun...use a very good conditioner after every time to prevent dryness.

Sort of works, but is also very strongly scented and very drying.