Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.0

on 8/25/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like the scent; it is excellently priced and well formulated. It smells like dewey wet roses and stems. Unfortunately, every time I spray it on my skin I get a headache. I find the scent completely overwhelming. I had to scrub it off right away. I gifted this to my grandma and she is enjoying much more than I did.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I too have memories attached to ts scent, so my review is colored by that a bit. I do love all rose scents however, and this one does not dissapoint! This is a clean, soapy rose on me. I never fail to get compliments on how "nice" I smell when wearing this. This reminds me of "Rose Milk" lotion from the 70's. I spent a short time in the states as a child and loved that lotion...this fragrance comes pretty close to that. Simple, clean and pretty. The price is perfect and the huge size allows me to occasionally just scent the air when I am feeling nostalgic. While I love niche fragrances, I think it's good to have a few "feel good" fragrances around too!

on 10/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been searching several years to find a nice rose perfume at a reasonable price. This fits perfectly. It's one note, strong, pure rose scent. There's no green scent to it, which is the only downside I can think of.

I ordered it on Amazon for 10 dollars and the moment I smelled it I recalled receiving a sample of this when I was about 4 years old with my mother. As kids do, I was want to bathe in it, and my mother had to throw the bottle out to protect her nose. Always wondered what it was, but now I am sure.

My mom passed away last week and I received the perfume a couple days later. It will serve as a nice memory.

I only recommend going super light on application. It's STRONG.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I normally love the smell of roses- especially a soft dew-drenched rose right from the garden. Unfortunately, Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose has a very negative connotation for me. My first year of dorm life in college was punctuated by the scent of a girl who, in lieu of regular bathing, doused herself in this stuff. The sickly sweet smell of roses and B.O. lingered, and lingered...Ugh. She was a nice girl, but this is how perfume gets a bad repuatation- when used in place of good hygiene! I couldn't wear any rose scent for years after because all I could think of was Tea Rose and B.O. I have my faves for rose scent (YSL Paris, Avon's d/c Roses Roses)- Tea Rose will never be in my rotation, however.

on 8/18/2008 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The Chrysler Imperial Rose, the only rose breed I've heard of that's named for an automobile (now vintage), was "launched" with the auto, and, so far, has long outlasted it. Better cars have come our way, but the Chrysler Imperial Rose is one of the finest tea roses grown in international gardens. It is an absolutely gorgeous hybrid tea rose with huge, vivid, rose-red flowers and a dewy, rich, classic tea rose perfume. Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose smells like a bouquet of Chrysler Imperial blooms, cut early on a warm morning, and placed in a crystal vase. Its lasting power is incredible, (as is the amount of fragrance, esp. for the price!), and a full spritz of it can scent an entire room for hours. For lovers of the heady smell of fresh roses, this fragrance should not be missed. If you could take the aroma of Fleur de Th Rose Bulgare and multiply its concentration by ten, you'd have something surprisingly similar to Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this. It does indeed smell like roses....like a rose bouquet, not a single rose. It is sort of a heavy rose fragrance, so don't apply too much at once. This is the type of fragrance that you never forget the scent of. Very memorable.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Uggggggggh. This is so strong that it's absolutely nauseating. I bought a bottle because it was extremely cheap on Ebay, but just one spritz produced many complaints from those around me. I like subtle rose scents, but this is so rosy that it barely even resembles real roses anymore. It has more of an antiseptic bowl-cleaner quality.

This is obviously a scent whose heyday has passed. The bottle is ugly and blocky, the label looks to be 70's vintage, and the liquid is an icky bright yellow-green colour.

I tried getting rid of my bottle on Ebay for 99 cents. Nobody wanted it. continued >>

Popular Fragrances