L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 5/28/2018 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at Costco with the Primer at a relatively low price for the combo. This is not a mascara I would purchase again. I tried multiple times to like this either alone or with the primer. Alone the mascara does not lengthen, it clumps and does flake. With the primer, it is worse plus it stays tacky without all the promises of length. Not sure how others might like this but it is not worth even the combo price cut.

I didn't really like this product. It was okay in relation to thick, full lashes, but it was very clumpy and made my lashes stick together and become dry. It also also hard to put multiple layers on. Would not recommend.

on 4/11/2018 5:22:00 PM

I've used this mascara for years. However, my last tube, bought at Target, was a thick, clumpy mess. Maybe just a quality control issue, but I'm done with it. Looking for something better.
In the past, I used it because it left my very thin, pale lashes soft, and was easy to remove, so not too much lash loss.

on 4/9/2018 11:44:00 AM

This was my go to mascara for YEARS. It didn't dry out my lashes and REALLY thickened my frail, straight and sparse Asian lashes. This is not a subtle "natural" formula. This mascara is for people who want a "BAM! Look at my lashes!" look-- this mascara makes some people look like they're wearing falsies!

As an Asian with straight, frail and sparse lashes, no matter what I did, the watery formula was too heavy that it weighed the lashes down and could never hold a curl and I learned not too long ago that this mascara was what was causing my mid-morning panda eyes!

I've since then switched to Kiss Me (Japanese brand) and DHC (also Japanese) mascara and not only do the mascaras hold curl (the formula doesn't build or get as thick as L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara however), but NO PANDA EYES! Sad, because this mascara did make me look like I was wearing falsies.

Would not recommend this for people with oily skin or short lashes because it transfers (hello, panda eyes!) and doesn't hold a curl, but it seems wonderful on people with already long and thick lashes.

if your preference is a highly pigmented, wet formula mascara with a budget friendly price tag this mascara is for you. the packaging is hygienic and the applicator wand is fantastic. this is almost always on offer in stores, and it seems to be stocked everywhere, making it easily accessible.

lots of my friends rate this mascara highly (and their lashes always look nothing short of fantastic) which is why i gave Voluminous original formula a try. thrilled i was able to try this in black/brown; wish more cosmetics companies offered this option. i also really liked how dense it made my lashes appear - it grabbed on to the very tips of my lashes. only ever applied two coats; volumising mascaras tend to clump on me if i go beyond that.

for some reason this irritated my sensitive eyes which in turn caused smudging and flaking from watering throughout wear. that's the only thing stopping me from adding this to my regular rotation. other than that, pretty darn good mascara across the board. used regularly for 3 months and the formula never dried out. was a bit more work to remove than anticipated but nothing a decent remover or cream couldn't handle.

on 3/11/2018 3:39:00 PM

This mascara makes me look like I have fake lashes. I love this stuff. I usually hate water proof mascara but I do not hate this waterproof one. It comes in non waterproof as well but eh. Not clumpy. Some people complained it was watery. It is a more watery formula. Nothing ridiculous though. Have I had my lashes looking better than this? Yeah but for the price and still how amazing they look shes a keeper.

on 11/6/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is okay. It's a decent priced, good mascara if you like WET formulas. I find this too goopy, and like others have mentioned, have to wipe it off before even applying or my lashes get too wet. It also leaves clumps. It does volumize, but I almost prefer L'Oreal's Last Paradise over this. Mostly because it gives more volume, which I need, and also dries out more than this one.

I also have noticed that every - single - time - I apply this mascara (non-waterproof version) I have issues with my contacts and my eyes. I've had that happen with another mascara (Maybelline's Full and Soft) and I had to stop using it because of so much eye agitation. I'm trying to use this as long as I can so I don't feel like I've wasted it - but for the eye issues, it's not worth it. It makes my contacts feel like they have dirt in them. Ugh. Last Paradise does not bother my eyes and I like the volume it gives vs. this one. I'd pass on repurchasing this, and definitely will repurchase Last Paradise.

on 11/1/2017 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara. It is just thick enough to give good definition and I find the brush easy to work with. It is inexpensive and readily available. It is not as good as "Better Than Sex," which is my HG, but it is a very good mascara for the price and it is a good close second.

This is a decent mascara that is almost always on sale at the drugstore. It applies easily, but is very wet so i had to wipe the wand with a tissue before applying. Gives a nice defined and seperated look to the lashes. But it is a PITA to remove. I used the Garnier blue cap micellar and had to wipe at least 3-4 times and i am not a fan of rubbing my eyes/lashes that much. When a mascara is NOT waterproof i do not want to put this much work into removing it.

on 9/28/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is by far my FAVORITE mascara. It gives nice length AND volume! It stays put with very little flaking, doesn't clump too bad either. Overall a great mascara for the money!
It does start to dry out after about 6 weeks, but if you open a vitamin E capsule and squeeze one drop into it. Twist & pump. Voila!! It will last another 6 weeks 😉