L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

Looks amazing on the lashes but feels heavy and is nearly impossible to clean off without lingering smudges

on 9/2/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The BLACK mascara is just 'meh' for me. I think the formula is good, but it does dry up fast fairly quickly from the first opening, therefore loosing its performance in the long run (not to mention the need to purchase a new Voluminous mascara much more frequently compared to other brands). The lashes do feel brittle and there is some fallout after a few weeks of having this product. I'm not impressed w/ the lengthening aspect (my lashes have good length but are thin) although it does build volume, but not at a 'voluminous' level. It clumps the lashes together , so separation is a miss. It's a good mascara for every day use, especially for a drugstore level mascara. I'm sticking to my HG mascaras which I've already reviewed.
Review on the (cobalt) BLUE mascara. It performs pretty much as I described the black, but w/ the bonus of being electric blue! It's a good colour for the summer played well w/ golds, corals and natural eye makeup ( although I think it prob would play exceptionally well w/ purple, lilac and blue eyeshadows). You do need to add lots of coats to get a good colour payoff or it just looks faint w/ just a few layers. I have done a couple coats w/ a good black mascara as a base and the add few+ coats of the blue and it looks pretty good (never did try it w/ a mascara Primer ...hmm). This is prob the best brightest blue mascara, being accessible. The colour is most intense in outdoor lighting, so defin not a night time mascara, if you want to get the full pop. I'm prob not gonna repurchase, as it served me well this summer... if it's still around or comes out next summer I just might think about it...

Love the way this looks when first applied, but it smudges above my eyes within an hour or so. That makes it a no go - not buying again.

on 8/11/2017 7:53:00 PM

Favorite drugstore mascara!

on 8/23/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Jaclyn Hill's rave made me buy this mascara, but it did not live up to the hype for me. Yes, this one truly gives you the insane "fake lash" look without the clumping, but the formula is so wet that I always ended up with panda eyes and black smudges/smears under my eyes after several hours. I live in a cold climate and I did powder my under eye area, thinking it would save the day, but no, it just can't. So, I would save my money on this one for sure!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This product has the power to make your eyelashes look fake. I like it is affordable and lasts a long time.

on 8/7/2017 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Does what it says! Truly makes my lashes stand out and voluminous. The formula is very wet so you would have to wait for it to dry

on 7/19/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara as I know so many people rave about it... but I just do not get the hype. Yes it gives my lashes volume and makes them look nice at first but within around an hour it flakes and smudges so badly under the eyes. Panda eyes one hour into my work day is not a good look.

on 6/23/2017 8:57:00 PM

I've been using this mascara every day and I think it's great for a "no makeup makeup" look. It really enhances my lashes in a natural-looking way without making it too obvious that I'm wearing mascara.

I wouldn't say that it's long lasting as it usually smudges a bit halfway through the day.

on 7/13/2017 8:55:00 AM

This is the best mascara I've ever used! It stays all day, doesn't flake or smudge, and makes me look like I'm wearing false eyelashes! I'll definitely buy this again!