L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

I love this mascara! But first off, I have to tell you a bit about my lashes because it seems to be the difference between love and hate for this mascara. My eyelashes are on the longer side, however they're not to the point where they're touching my eyelids when my eyes are open. They're also quite light. They aren't naturally curled, but they're definitely not stick-straight. In my opinion, this mascara is perfect for my lashes. It gives me a lot of length and volume. I simply cannot tell you how many compliments I get on my mascara. I wear it to school everyday and even after 7 hours, it still looks great! My friends have asked me what mascara I use and they're shocked when they find out that it's this one. This is my holy grail mascara and I have yet to find one that works just as good on my lashes.

Pros:
- glides on nicely
- doesn't weigh down my lashes
- easy to build up

Cons:
- smudges and creates raccoon eyes
- hard to wash off: my water line is black from the mascara

To Read all 3200 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/9/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an extremely boring mascara. I have used it for a jillion years (since back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth).

The container doesn't come open accidentally in my purse, so the packaging does what it is supposed to.

I have purchased this mascara in the straight brush, and the curved brush. After 20 years of trying both, I must admit I prefer the curved brush. I can use the curved brush to push my lashes up, to give them a bit of curve, since I can't use an eyelash curler without pulling 90% of my eyelashes out.

I don't have any flaking or bleeding from this mascara after it dries, but I do get it all over my eyelids while applying. This is a personal problem, since I have this problem with every mascara I have ever used. Qtips are definitely my friend.

I have only ever bought this mascara in black, and it is a nice deep black for my redhead eyelashes.

It doesn't irritate my eyes, and I wear contacts. I remove in the shower with Philosophy Purity, and it comes off the first cleansing.

This mascara picks up every eyelash I have, which no other mascara has done, except for Mac falsies.

I have been unfaithful to this mascara dozens of times over the years (because it is so boring), but I always come back to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great mascara! Normally, I wear false lashes. However, on days when I couldn't be bothered, this mascara makes my lashes look amazing. I have long lashes, but they're a tad thin. So naturally, I focus on buying mascaras that give my lashes volume. This does the job beautifully! The price isn't that bad, and it doesn't flake off throughout the day. I'll admit, the brush kind of scared me when I first saw it. It looked like it would clump my lashes to high heaven. I couldn't have been more wrong!

on 7/20/2016 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Basic mascara, gave me good volume, hardly any length. Leaves my lashes very soft, not stiff at all. It also doesn't smear very much. Does not hold a curl. This is simply not enough for my short sparse lashes though. Would not repurchase.

on 7/12/2016 9:37:00 AM

The regular version of this mascara smudged like crazy on me! But the waterproof one worked great! I usually don't like waterproof mascara, but I was going to see "Me before you" and I figured waterproof mascara would be needed! And my mascara looked just as good after the movie (and I cried a fair bit). And it wasn't hard to remove, like most waterproof ones, I only user the oily micellar water from garnier and it went right of! Wish it gave more volume, but all in all I'm very satisfied!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't know why I keep coming back to this mascara or why I love it so much. It's a wetter formula than I usually like, it doesn't lengthen as much as I wish it did, too much product comes out onto the brush that I have to constantly try to swipe back into the tube, it has a scent that I'm not too crazy about, and it can clump if you're not careful.

And yet, I love it. It's definitely noticeable, without looking like you've got spiders on your eyes. Sometimes, a girl's just got to have that thick eyelash look without wanting it to look like obviously false eyelashes, and this does the trick perfectly.

This tube will not let you down if that's what you're looking for- it's perfect for women who love the way natural looking false lashes look, but don't want to bother messing with false lashes.

It's a staple in my collection, and I'll probably continue to use it for as long as L'Oréal keeps making it.

Plus, every time I use it, it reminds me of my beloved grandmother, who used this faithfully until she passed away. To this day she remains the most beautiful woman (inside and out) that I ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I smile whenever I see this mascara because it makes me think of her. I'll keep it just for you, Mammaw.

on 6/18/2016 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is sooo goopy! The minute i pulled it out of the tube there was so much product on the brush. it also made my lashes very clumpy. the brush is very large which may be part of the problem. if you are looking for a decent drug store mascara this is not it. id recomend cover girl professional or maybelline great lash instead.

on 6/6/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was expecting a lot more, I just think that is a decent basic mascara, but I dont find that make anything special for your lashes

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Lengthens quite well, and adds thickness and texture to lashes. I prefer more of a curling/lengthening mascara, but this is nice for daytime. Wand will get clumpy so you have to make sure to clean it properly