L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 2/12/2017 9:12:00 PM

This can get a little clumpy so I have to be vigilant with an eyelash brush, but this really gives me lovely volume and surprising length. I feel like my eyelashes look crazy long with this stuff. I never used it before, but I got it in black and I'm really happy I tried it. It's not my all time favorite mascara but this is up there. Very nice. It did transfer and smudge under my eyes so I have to figure out how to avoid that. Overall, a really nice voluminous effect on my lashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

There's a reason why this mascara has been on the market for all these years. Imagine the outcry from millions of women around the world if L'Oreal discontinued this mascara. That's being over dramatic but it's a cult favourite that deserves its place up there in the makeup hall of fame, unlike that terrible Maybelline Great Lash. (who is buying that stuff anyways?!)

In my resolution to live minimally and save money, I've gone back to this mascara which I began using about 25 years ago. I liked how it went on quickly and built up my lashes without too much fuss.
I've strayed and tried other brands and formulas and I've come full circle to Voluminous.
Thankfully there's also the Voluminous primer which really plumps up my lashes.

I've started layering with a tubing mascara (Clinique's Lash Power with the thin wand) and that solves the problem of smudging.

Thank you L'Oreal for not discontinuing this mascara.

on 12/17/2016 1:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had an on-again-off-again relationship with this mascara, but I've been warming up to it again lately. On one hand, it tends to be really messy--I have to be super careful while applying it and most of the time have to touch up with a q-tip. On the other hand, my lashes are really fine and short and I love how it makes them look so much thicker. It does clump, but I think it must dry out a bit after the first few uses and it's not so bad. On days when I'm in a hurry, I've been using CoverGirl Clump Crusher, which is so quick and easy to use but looks more subtle and natural. On days when I have a little more time, I'll use this and love the definition it gives to my lashes and eyes.

on 12/11/2016 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been using various L'Oreal mascaras on and off for a long time, and this has become my go-to mascara from the brand's line. The formula is very buildable and does not clump even with several applications. I love the brush (not plastic) and the packaging. The effect it gives my lashes varies from natural to dramatic, depending on how many coats I apply. This also lengthens very well.

on 12/6/2016 10:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Because there are so many affordable mascaras that are better than Voluminous mascara, I can't give this more than two stars. The formula is glunky; it wants to clump up immediately. The mascara wand is just average and does not coat my lashes evenly. This does not smudge or flake off and is easy to remove. It does not add any volume and just a hint of length to my lashes. Gives a natural lash look but does not hold curl in my lashes. I really like Pacifica stellar mascara to this one much better.

on 12/5/2016 2:36:00 AM

I love this mascara the volume it promises comes thru, two coats and done the blackest black is amazing my eyes stand out , the matte finish flawless no flaking holds the curl all day just love this been using this for years works well with my false eyelashes as well blends and connects effortlessly

on 11/28/2016 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased this a few times over the years, and I think it used to be better. My last two purchases of it, I found it to be a gloppy, clumpy mess. I purchased it again as it is often listed as a "dupe" for Diorshow. No way. Not even close. First, the brush is much smaller than DS, not big full and round. Second, as stated, it's gloppy, clumps and doesn't give a full lush look without tons of coats and then you will need to comb it out to get rid of the clumps. Also, even the dark black just isn't that deep black you want. Still seems a bit browned/greyed to me. I only bought it for the price and if I needed a drugstore emergency, but I have found Neutrogena Healthy Volume to be a much better drugstore dupe for DS.

on 11/21/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok drugstore mascara, but I would not buy again. This tends to really clump up on my lashes, and trying to clean off the excess product from the wand shows too much is picked up on the bristles.
Price is decent but I'd only pick this up again in a pinch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ride or die mascara. lives up to its name, although it can tend to get clumpy

clumps a lot. doesn't do anything in terms of length. the only good thing is that it adds volume, if you're ok with clumps.

Popular Mascaras