L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 5/16/2017 12:31:00 PM

This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara! I have bought it so many times! I actually consistently only bought this mascara and this mascara alone, for about 4 years straight. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is because it does flake and I find I have to brush the flakes off my cheeks and eyelids during the day sometimes. But with that being said, I still consider this to be the best mascara I have tried so far and I have tried A LOT!

on 4/22/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara looks beautiful when freshly applied. I have the waterproof version and it holds my curl, but only to a certain extent. My lashes never go fully limp while wearing this, but they do droop a bit as the day goes on. Another negative would have to be the smudging, its horrible. I've never had problems with a mascara smudging except for this, it gets under my eyes and on my upper lid throughout the day. Because of these cons, I'd say it's not worth it because yes, it does look great when applied, but after a couple of hours it makes you look like a hot mess.

on 4/10/2017 8:11:00 PM

It's smudgy and dries out really quickly.

on 4/1/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Keeps the curl. Does not weigh the lashes down as soon as you apply. Why is it so hard to find a mascara that doesn't kill the curl from an eyelash curler? My HG used to be Shu Eumura Basic. After trying out way too many drugstore mascaras (I only buy waterproof) and finding that ALL of them weigh down my lashes, this is the only one that doesn't. I mean, the *only* one.

Please, L'oreal, do not discontinue this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is among those "OG" drugstore mascaras that everyone has either used or at least heard of with obviously rather mixed results.

Well, this is a totally decent mascara, which I will most certainly use up, but there are a couple factors that keep it from being an all-time favorite. It does provide volume and some length, but the wand distributes the product slightly unevenly, so it takes a bit of time to build up on the lashes as compared to some other volumizing mascaras.

I don't find the formula overly wet and it definitely dried down well and held a curl. However, it did transfer/smudge above my eyes where my lashes reach my browbone. Smudging is a pretty common occurrence with me, I can count on one hand the number of mascaras that have *not* smudged on me, so this isn't terribly surprising but it's something that is worth noting.

This mascara is easy to wash off. Looks nice and definitely adds a bit of oomph to the lashes, I will most likely repurchase at some point, but it doesn't perform quite as well as, say, Maybelline Lash Sensational or Almay One Coat Volumizing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I usually buy waterproof mascara is because I find that they allow for better hold off of the curl. I find that regular mascara tend to weigh my eyelashes down and make them quickly fall straight. I thought this mascara would be the exception, but it sure wasn't. I put the stuff on after curling my lashes and it makes the crow fall by about 50%. Additionally, I find it to gloppy and clumpy. Plus it seems to do absolutely no thickening or lengthening whatsoever. I preferred the Voluminous False Lashes in waterproof. Does an amazing job. I would not buy this again.

on 3/20/2017 10:12:00 PM

Darkest mascara ever! Buildable, doesn't flake, feels soft on the eye and lasts. The only thing I hate about it is how wet it is. It takes a long time to dry so be careful using this with intricate eyeshadow looks because it easily transfers to the lid if you don't let it dry completely.

Yes! This works. It doesn't clump. It makes the lashes look thicker. It does not flake during the day. It's easy to take off.
With all mascaras, I would suggest using a metal eyelash separator.
And, in a pinch, this can also be used as a liquid eyeliner.

on 2/24/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Like 'Great Lash' from Maybelline, this one has been around for a while - and I like both, albeit for different reasons. Voluminous has a good brush for avoiding clumps, the bristles are nice and close together, AND it is one of the few mass brands that carries a 'Brownish Black' or 'Black-Brown' - or just basically a color that isn't called 'Very Black' or 'Blackest Black'. For mature persons, or blondes, I think a brownish black is much nice and softer - or is good for pretty much anyone who doesn't want to risk being mistaken for a 'Tammy Faye' look alike. Like many volumizing mascara wands, it can be a tricky for small or hooded eyes, or for getting in tight corners without schmearing schmutz all over your lids. For a budget buy, it's pretty good, yep.

on 2/12/2017 9:12:00 PM

This can get a little clumpy so I have to be vigilant with an eyelash brush, but this really gives me lovely volume and surprising length. I feel like my eyelashes look crazy long with this stuff. I never used it before, but I got it in black and I'm really happy I tried it. It's not my all time favorite mascara but this is up there. Very nice. It did transfer and smudge under my eyes so I have to figure out how to avoid that. Overall, a really nice voluminous effect on my lashes.

Popular Mascaras