L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a cult fave for many, as it was for me for a long time. However, I do not know if they changed the formula or my eyes changed, but when I wear this now, it smudges and flakes on me like crazy after a couple of hours. I can put this on in the morning and by lunchtime it has pretty much worn off, the remnants flaked and smudged under my eyes. Also, I do not get the volume that I used to with this, and I do not remember it clumping like this.

I used this for years, was holy grail for me back in the late 90's and I guess through about 15 or so years I wore this and no other mascara, but when I went back to it after all those years, it just was not the holy grail mascara that I used to love. It also itches my eyes, and I sure don't remember that! Bummer, because I used to really love this mascara, and I honestly don't know why I stopped using it. But no matter, it just does not jive well for me anymore. Sad..because it is hard to find a holy grail mascara these days....why..??!? :((

on 9/28/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It gets a rep as a HG volume mascara, but I think it's over rated. Really clumpy, non voluminous, thick lashes is what you get. Besides thick and clumpy there's not much benefits.

To Read all 3202 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/25/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Such a bad mascara! It smudges soo much even if I put it only on upper lashes. It gives lenght but volume not at all... The only good thing is its easily removed at the end of the day with water only. Never buying this again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have used this on and off for years, and it used to be great- volume, length, definition, it was an all in one. But, I really think it has gone downhill in the last couple of years. I thought maybe I had gotten an old tube when I used it last year, but with a recent purchase it was the same. I have lashes of average thickness and length, they are not sparse all. With a name like "Voluminous", I guess it means you should get more volume as opposed to getting extra length, so I could see if it only gave me lots of volume and not so great on length. The problem is, I get neither volume nor length with this mascara. It looks like I just put a little color on. The formula seems dry and it flaked within a couple of hours, something it never used to do. The brush is the style I like, and the price of $5-6 is good, but that is about it. I miss the old Voluminous. Many people seem to have good results with it, and I wish I still did too. I like have a go-to product, it just makes life easier. Mascara is one of those go-to products that is getting harder and harder for me to find.

My HG mascara! I've been using this for years and never had a reason to try anything else! Makes my lashes longer and thicker. Excellent formula. Easy to remove at the end of the day. Doesnt irritate my eyes.

I love this mascara! But first off, I have to tell you a bit about my lashes because it seems to be the difference between love and hate for this mascara. My eyelashes are on the longer side, however they're not to the point where they're touching my eyelids when my eyes are open. They're also quite light. They aren't naturally curled, but they're definitely not stick-straight. In my opinion, this mascara is perfect for my lashes. It gives me a lot of length and volume. I simply cannot tell you how many compliments I get on my mascara. I wear it to school everyday and even after 7 hours, it still looks great! My friends have asked me what mascara I use and they're shocked when they find out that it's this one. This is my holy grail mascara and I have yet to find one that works just as good on my lashes.

Pros:
- glides on nicely
- doesn't weigh down my lashes
- easy to build up

Cons:
- smudges and creates raccoon eyes
- hard to wash off: my water line is black from the mascara

on 8/9/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an extremely boring mascara. I have used it for a jillion years (since back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth).

The container doesn't come open accidentally in my purse, so the packaging does what it is supposed to.

I have purchased this mascara in the straight brush, and the curved brush. After 20 years of trying both, I must admit I prefer the curved brush. I can use the curved brush to push my lashes up, to give them a bit of curve, since I can't use an eyelash curler without pulling 90% of my eyelashes out.

I don't have any flaking or bleeding from this mascara after it dries, but I do get it all over my eyelids while applying. This is a personal problem, since I have this problem with every mascara I have ever used. Qtips are definitely my friend.

I have only ever bought this mascara in black, and it is a nice deep black for my redhead eyelashes.

It doesn't irritate my eyes, and I wear contacts. I remove in the shower with Philosophy Purity, and it comes off the first cleansing.

This mascara picks up every eyelash I have, which no other mascara has done, except for Mac falsies.

I have been unfaithful to this mascara dozens of times over the years (because it is so boring), but I always come back to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great mascara! Normally, I wear false lashes. However, on days when I couldn't be bothered, this mascara makes my lashes look amazing. I have long lashes, but they're a tad thin. So naturally, I focus on buying mascaras that give my lashes volume. This does the job beautifully! The price isn't that bad, and it doesn't flake off throughout the day. I'll admit, the brush kind of scared me when I first saw it. It looked like it would clump my lashes to high heaven. I couldn't have been more wrong!

on 7/20/2016 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Basic mascara, gave me good volume, hardly any length. Leaves my lashes very soft, not stiff at all. It also doesn't smear very much. Does not hold a curl. This is simply not enough for my short sparse lashes though. Would not repurchase.