L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 6/23/2017 8:57:00 PM

I've been using this mascara every day and I think it's great for a "no makeup makeup" look. It really enhances my lashes in a natural-looking way without making it too obvious that I'm wearing mascara.

I wouldn't say that it's long lasting as it usually smudges a bit halfway through the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my favorite mascara, I'm convinced they changed the formula on us. It dries so fast and is just not the same consistency it once was :( wahhhh.... Still on the hunt for my fave mascara

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

When you first open the tube it's a wonderful everyday mascara. It doesn't smudge, flake or weigh my thin lashes down ever. But, within days the tube dries out and it becomes so darn clumpy :(. I replace the tube every two weeks but I could literally do it every week. So, it's a good value but is it really?

on 6/11/2017 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This makes long full separated flattering lashes as soon as you put it on, but in half an hour wear it turns into smudging mess on me. I've tried many mascara, some I liked more than others, but I never found one that smudged so much. I tried UD setting spray, but where it holds marvelously all the rest of my makeup, it does't help with this.

on 6/3/2017 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite drugstore mascara so far!

The formula is on the drier side which I like because I feel like they tend to hold my curls much better. There is no clumping and I have no issues with smudging. Really, there isn't much to complain about. I only wish that this just gave a bit more volume.

[0]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Getting older is interesting, if you can look at it that way. I was dead set against black mascara my whole makeup life, and I believe when I was young, I was probably right, as it looked so unnatural on me. But recently, I was in a drugstore, and saw a sale set of L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black with a black eyeliner thrown in, and since my 3 months was up on my current mascara, I just bought it. And guess what? Now it works for me. Interesting! I've always liked both Lancome and L'Oreal mascaras, though I haven't bought either in quite a while. This Voluminous formula is not as good as the Definicils I remember from my youth (in brown, of course), but is still good, a little wet, fairly thick, not a lot of clumping, no flaking. Not an outstanding mascara, but good. It was trying it in Carbon Black that was my revelation. I had a choice of black and carbon black and I went for the gusto, a deep inky black! And it turns out that in these boring years, when only matte shadows look at all decent, when all I can do is put a layer of sunscreen on my lids, then a matte bone, then a little matte taupe in the crease, it's the liner and mascara (and brows) that give my eyes some definition and brown just doesn't cut it anymore! I read that as you age, your irises lose color, particularly the outer ring, which really does explain it. So a bit of a charcoal or other almost-black liner, as close as possible to the lash line, a lash curler (something I've also resisted) and a black mascara add the drama I need to keep from washing out completely. It's such a reversal, but also adds a fun challenge, as I now have a reason to experiment with lots of mascaras I've never tried that only come in black, and revisit some old favorites in black, too. Silver lining!

on 5/16/2017 12:31:00 PM

This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara! I have bought it so many times! I actually consistently only bought this mascara and this mascara alone, for about 4 years straight. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is because it does flake and I find I have to brush the flakes off my cheeks and eyelids during the day sometimes. But with that being said, I still consider this to be the best mascara I have tried so far and I have tried A LOT!

on 4/22/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara looks beautiful when freshly applied. I have the waterproof version and it holds my curl, but only to a certain extent. My lashes never go fully limp while wearing this, but they do droop a bit as the day goes on. Another negative would have to be the smudging, its horrible. I've never had problems with a mascara smudging except for this, it gets under my eyes and on my upper lid throughout the day. Because of these cons, I'd say it's not worth it because yes, it does look great when applied, but after a couple of hours it makes you look like a hot mess.

on 4/10/2017 8:11:00 PM

It's smudgy and dries out really quickly.

on 4/1/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Keeps the curl. Does not weigh the lashes down as soon as you apply. Why is it so hard to find a mascara that doesn't kill the curl from an eyelash curler? My HG used to be Shu Eumura Basic. After trying out way too many drugstore mascaras (I only buy waterproof) and finding that ALL of them weigh down my lashes, this is the only one that doesn't. I mean, the *only* one.

Please, L'oreal, do not discontinue this one.

edit: I always scrape excess mascara off the brush before applying. It lessens the chance of making the lashes too heavy with product and losing the curl.