L'Oreal Voluminous Original

L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 11/6/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is okay. It's a decent priced, good mascara if you like WET formulas. I find this too goopy, and like others have mentioned, have to wipe it off before even applying or my lashes get too wet. It also leaves clumps. It does volumize, but I almost prefer L'Oreal's Last Paradise over this. Mostly because it gives more volume, which I need, and also dries out more than this one.

I also have noticed that every - single - time - I apply this mascara (non-waterproof version) I have issues with my contacts and my eyes. I've had that happen with another mascara (Maybelline's Full and Soft) and I had to stop using it because of so much eye agitation. I'm trying to use this as long as I can so I don't feel like I've wasted it - but for the eye issues, it's not worth it. It makes my contacts feel like they have dirt in them. Ugh. Last Paradise does not bother my eyes and I like the volume it gives vs. this one. I'd pass on repurchasing this, and definitely will repurchase Last Paradise.

on 11/1/2017 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara. It is just thick enough to give good definition and I find the brush easy to work with. It is inexpensive and readily available. It is not as good as "Better Than Sex," which is my HG, but it is a very good mascara for the price and it is a good close second.

This is a decent mascara that is almost always on sale at the drugstore. It applies easily, but is very wet so i had to wipe the wand with a tissue before applying. Gives a nice defined and seperated look to the lashes. But it is a PITA to remove. I used the Garnier blue cap micellar and had to wipe at least 3-4 times and i am not a fan of rubbing my eyes/lashes that much. When a mascara is NOT waterproof i do not want to put this much work into removing it.

on 9/28/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is by far my FAVORITE mascara. It gives nice length AND volume! It stays put with very little flaking, doesn't clump too bad either. Overall a great mascara for the money!
It does start to dry out after about 6 weeks, but if you open a vitamin E capsule and squeeze one drop into it. Twist & pump. Voila!! It will last another 6 weeks 😉

Looks amazing on the lashes but feels heavy and is nearly impossible to clean off without lingering smudges

on 9/2/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The BLACK mascara is just 'meh' for me. I think the formula is good, but it does dry up fast fairly quickly from the first opening, therefore loosing its performance in the long run (not to mention the need to purchase a new Voluminous mascara much more frequently compared to other brands). The lashes do feel brittle and there is some fallout after a few weeks of having this product. I'm not impressed w/ the lengthening aspect (my lashes have good length but are thin) although it does build volume, but not at a 'voluminous' level. It clumps the lashes together , so separation is a miss. It's a good mascara for every day use, especially for a drugstore level mascara. I'm sticking to my HG mascaras which I've already reviewed.
Review on the (cobalt) BLUE mascara. It performs pretty much as I described the black, but w/ the bonus of being electric blue! It's a good colour for the summer played well w/ golds, corals and natural eye makeup ( although I think it prob would play exceptionally well w/ purple, lilac and blue eyeshadows). You do need to add lots of coats to get a good colour payoff or it just looks faint w/ just a few layers. I have done a couple coats w/ a good black mascara as a base and then add few+ coats of the blue and it looks pretty good (never did try it w/ a mascara Primer ...hmm). This is prob the best brightest blue mascara, being accessible. The colour is most intense in outdoor lighting, so defin not a night time mascara, if you want to get the full pop. I'm prob not gonna repurchase, as it served me well this summer... if it's still around or comes out next summer I just might think about it...

Love the way this looks when first applied, but it smudges above my eyes within an hour or so. That makes it a no go - not buying again.

on 8/11/2017 7:53:00 PM

Favorite drugstore mascara!

on 8/23/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Jaclyn Hill's rave made me buy this mascara, but it did not live up to the hype for me. Yes, this one truly gives you the insane "fake lash" look without the clumping, but the formula is so wet that I always ended up with panda eyes and black smudges/smears under my eyes after several hours. I live in a cold climate and I did powder my under eye area, thinking it would save the day, but no, it just can't. So, I would save my money on this one for sure!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This product has the power to make your eyelashes look fake. I like it is affordable and lasts a long time.