Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame

Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame

4.1

Isopropyl Myristate, Sesame Seed Oil, PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance

on 5/20/2017 11:39:00 AM

I got this as a gift. I use it sometimes, but I don't love it. I don't mind the scent and it's nice and light, but my body skin just isn't generally dry so there isn't really much opportunity for this oil to do it's thing. I do like using it my legs after I've shaved them in the shower. It's very non irritating for me and it fixes the flakiness/dryness I would often get after I shaved my legs and then the water dried off my skin.

on 5/20/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Some years ago, I used almost all Neutragena products until I realized (very slowly) that they did not do much for me and I didn't like them. I used this oil back when oil after bath was considered one of the best ways to moisturize. The moisture that I got was relatively transitory; the effect lasted maybe a few hours. It didn't do anything to truly address rough patches like heels and elbows. I didn't like the scent which transferred to the towels and lingered. In all fairness, it did moisturize my cuticles. I am not a fan of these types of oils (I also feel somewhat meh about Nuxe which is probably one of the more popular iterations). For people who do like this type of oil, there are generics that do the same job and many other options.

on 3/24/2017 2:46:00 PM

The musky type scent of this is absolutely heavenly. It glides on wet skin like silk and instantly hydrates, leaving a healthy, dewy glow. This would be HG for me if it were not for the ingredient list. There are so many healthier options out there with more natural oils and less of the bad stuff. This and the Rainbath are my guilty pleasure. Every so often I'll treat myself to a trial size of each and use it for a week. I hope someday they make a version of this that I can have peace of mind about leaving on my skin.

on 9/7/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
- takes away ashiness
- works well for OCM

Cons:
- does not sink in
- not as moisturizing as I would like
- does not give off sheen I would like

I wanted to love this so badly! It does have a light and easily absorbent texture, but the SMELL! I can't get past it. It smells like something I'd clean the bathroom with. Sad day in the land of body oils :(

on 4/14/2016 1:28:00 AM

HOORAY FOR THIS PRODUCT! Fantastic and so very fast to use! Moisturizes so well. You will get more out of this product if you use it on wet skin - very convenient after a quick shower!

This is a product that I plan to buy again and again.

on 4/10/2016 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry skin and love taking hot showers. I put this on after I shower and it will absorb quickly leaving a silky smooth sensation on my skin. It also smells like jasmine flower so it makes me feel good after using it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging as it is hard to control how much oil to pour out of the bottle and spills easily.

on 3/22/2016 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is great, so moisturizing, inexpensive, and has a really enjoyable scent. Only reason I give it three lippies is because I'm allergic to it. I get little hives everywhere I use this within a few hours of application, tried it multiple times now. So do give this oil a try, it's a great price and will make you feel super silky, and if it works for you, I'm jealous! I want the nice things toooooo! On the other hand, if you break out in hives after using it, no you're not going crazy, and yes, it is this oil. My condolences.

on 2/12/2016 1:47:00 AM

Full disclosure, I'm poor and bought Target's version of this. The ingredients are exactly the same on the bottle.
Anyway, I have somewhat oily/sensitive skin on my face, but my body skin is just okay. A little dry, definitely not supple or noticeably soft. Because this year is a dry winter and I'm trying not to flake off on my boyfriend when he touches me, I decided to give this a shot.
This reminds me of baby oil but not nearly as thick. I spread maybe a quarter-sized amount on both my legs and dime-sized on my arms (I'm too nervous to try this on my face or chest) right after I shower. It soaks in really fast and doesn't have a lingering smell. Two days later my skin is noticeably softer and my shaved legs feel smoother longer.
I really like this over a lotion because it soaks in quicker, rubs on quicker, and I can just wipe my hands on my towel and be done with it.

on 1/26/2016 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this year's ago and loved it. Haven't used it in a long time, but if you like this, a less expensive alternative is the Wal-Mart brand Equate -- seemed to be the exact same product for much less money. It is usually right next to the Neutrogena product in stores.