Alba Botanica Hawaiian Kukui Nut Massage Oil

No Image

4.6

Not tested on animals

Certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, alkyl benzoate, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, aleurites moluccana (kukui) seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, certified organic linum usitatissimum (flaxseed) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, fragrance

on 11/28/2016 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up on sale at a European deli/market that stocks some of the products I absolutely love like the original Nivea made in Germany, Gehwol foot and leg creams, Ombra products (including Melkfett! Don't knock it til you try it!) and this lovely massage oil. For starters, I love the bottle - so much nicer and more practical than the stupid spray bottles that several of my other very much beloved body oils come in. The bottle is also made from 100% recycled materials. There is barely any scent and it absorbs nicely into the skin without leaving a heavy oil slick behind. I haven't used it as a massage oil, per se, but more as a moisturizer/moisture barrier to keep the skin on my body from getting itchy, dry and flaky. Very pleased with the product, the affordable price AND the packaging.

on 11/26/2016 4:07:00 AM

Moisturizes my winter skin much better than the body butter does. The oil is delightful to use and it's therapeutic for me. So light, and easy to apply, then just sinks in and I can forget about my skin for the day! Takes away that "fracking" feeling I used to feel late afternoon, when ya feel you have to run home and slather on some more lotion because you skin is crackly 'cause your body lotion isn't cutting it. I just bought my 2nd bottle and plan to continue. If enough people haven't mentioned it, the scent!! It is an experience.
Update: Repurchased several times now. In the middle of winter this product makes me feel like I woke up in Hawaii.

on 3/6/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A few months ago, I bought a Kukui nut oil blend from an organic indie brand and loved it. I used it sparingly because a 2oz bottle costs $20 (an 8oz bottle costs $55!) and I was going through it at a pretty fast rate. Having used a few other oils that are in that blend, I decided I probably liked the Kukui nut oil so I set about looking for a bottle of that. I found the Alba Botanica version on Amazon and was sold after reading the great reviews.

It took me a bit to find this oil as the stores that carry Alba products in my area oddly didn't have this oil. I finally found it at an HEB Plus! store for about $8 for an 8.5 oz bottle. Can't beat that! I was pleased to find out that this oil works just as well as the fancy, high priced indie brand. In fact, it's slightly better because the indie brand smells a bit too herbal while Alba's version has a light, sweet smell. I apply this right after showering while my skin is still damp. It absorbs very quickly and, since it's a dry oil, I don't leave a greasy trail in my wake. While the smell is nice, it does dissipate quickly which is another plus in my book. I'm left with smooth, well moisturized skin that doesn't require any wait time to get dressed. Heaven!

If you're looking for a reasonably priced dry oil that actually works, I highly recommend getting this. Very little is needed so a full sized bottle should last at least a few months with daily use.

on 12/26/2015 11:18:00 PM

I love this oil. It smells so good. I use it as a massage/moisturizer and I can't get enough of the smell. It's inexpensive and you get great value for the price!

on 4/7/2015 12:17:00 AM

LOVE this stuff. I received it as a X-mas gift so I cannot comment on the price, but the smell is absolutely TO DIE FOR. I love warm scents like vanilla-y and sugar-y stuff, and this fits perfectly into that category. Best applied when skin is still damp, and it absorbs fairly easily and gives your whole body a sheen glow! Definitely a great body oil.

on 3/23/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is DA BOMB, get it if you can. Smells like heaven when you apply but disappears after a few minutes so won't interrupt if you like wearing perfume. Makes skin baby soft and smooth, absorbs quickly if applied on wet skin and lasts a long time, the bottle is big and you only need like a tablespoon of this. Only downside is the flimsy packaging, dropped it once (oil i slippery you know) and now my cap is all broken.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this off and on for years. I love the stuff. It does a superb job at hydrating.

I use this once a week after a bath for extra hydration. It smells amazing, like nutty brown sugar. It absorbs relatively quickly, though I prefer to slather it on generously and put on my housecoat or PJs so I don't have to worry about it getting on my clothes. I do have to take care putting it on my chest area as I think it might have caused me to break out a little, but it won't stop me from using it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells amazing- like caramel. It moisturizes my skin so well and keeps it glowy. I would repurchase in the future since I love applying oil rather lotion to my body. It doubles as a hair oil as well. Great for pre poos and sealing in moisture after co washing.

on 1/10/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this!!

I've been using Vaseline's cocoa butter lotion for ages and I really like it, but I need a bit more hydration once the weather gets chilly. I mix this with the cocoa butter to put on after my shower, and use bit on its own if I feel my skin getting a bit dry. It thoroughly hydrates my skin and "winter-proofs" it.

The smell is absolutely delicious, a sort of caramel nut smell that works really well with cocoa butter. Within a few minutes of applying the smell goes away because the oil has sunk in, which makes it office-appropriate if you're not allowed to wear scents at work.

I paid $9.50 for a decent-sized bottle. Because I mix it with lotion, I only use a small amount at a time, which makes this a really good value for me. If you're using it as your main moisturizer, I would imagine you'd go through it pretty quickly, though.

on 11/26/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has a really nice brown sugar coffee like smell and it's very moisturizing and leaves skin smooth and soft, I use about a tablespoon for myself right after showering. I don't put this on chest shoulder back neck or face, would not recommend doing that unless for some reason your skin is like the sharia desert, but this is Defiantly a MUST have for me!

Popular Body Skincare Products