Weleda Wild Rose Body Oil

Weleda Wild Rose Body Oil

4.4

2016 Ingredients (from Weleda Website) : Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Fragrance*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*. ******************************************************************************************************** Ingredients:Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Musk Rose (Rosa Moschata) Oil, Rose (Rosa Centifolia) Oil, Fragrance: natural essential oils (Bergamot (Bergaptin-Free), Clove, Geranium, Guaiacwood, Jasmin, Litsea Cubeba, Petitgrain, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang) with Honey Absolute

This stuff smells like literal dirt...very earthy. I don't smell any rose in this.

on 12/25/2015 11:15:00 AM

The bee's Knees of rose oil for the body . If you cannot get hold of REN rose body oil ..use this .
I go through 1 bottle every two weeks. Excellent stuff.... smells good too.
5 star product.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love ittt!!! it amazingly nourishes the skin plus is mostly natural

on 4/19/2014 9:45:00 PM

I like the scent of this product, which is very subtle but delicious. This body oil goes on smoothly and deliciously. My only real complaint about the product, and the reason for which I will not repurchase, is that the name is really a misnomer. This product contains more jojoba oil (which is relatively cheap) than anything else. I much prefer to pay more for a higher concentration of rose oil, than pay what is a fairly high price for jojoba oil. If you do not mind the price point, I would recommend this body oil.

on 6/16/2013 2:17:00 PM

Love this oil! I'm not too fond of rose scent but this oil is amazing. Leaves my skin so soft and the smell lingers for hours after and turns from a rose into a soft powder smell. My skin is super soft and my legs are SUPER moisturized and soft. I even think I see an improvement in skin texture -- will wait a few more weeks.

This is the very first Weleda product I tried, and I was encouraged to try other stuff from the brand after using this, hoping some of them would be as good as this one, alas, this is the only thing from Weleda that I think I will keep buying, maybe the facial oil capsules too, but that one has only 9ml in total in a jar, and is even more expensive than this 100ml glass bottle.

Out of all the body oils Weleda has to offer, this one and the Pomegranate one are the only two based on jojoba oil, which, I have learnt, is a great oil for skincare. While the Pomegranate one has a long list of ingredients and is catered for mature skin, the wild rose one has 4 main ingredients and some other added things made from natural essential oils, those 4 main ingredients are only the best stuff for your skin, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, rosehip seed oil, and a kind of rose flower oil.

I probably use this a bit differently than most people, I mainly use it as a "in-shower" facial mask and a hair conditioner. It goes on really smooth and rich, smells nice, and makes your skin feel luxurious, I put it on my skin after washing my face and hair, leave it on while I am washing my body, shaving, etc. The steam in the shower room helps the oil to really get through my skin, sometimes I also rub a bit of it at the end of my hair when my hair feels dry, then right before I am coming out of the shower, I stand under the outpouring warm water, let the water flow through my hair, face, and my whole body while I massage whatever's still left on my face in.

This oil has amazing healing power, I use a lot more everytime when my skin is damaged. I have tried the Lavender oil, the Pomegranate oil, and the Sea Buckthron oil, also a small travel size Citrus oil and a small travel size Calendula oil, the Wild Rose oil works best for me and is the only one I have ever repurchased.

Oh, if you rub a little bit of this on your eye makeup, it comes off really easily, but I guess that's a really expensive way of using this product, it helps when you are travelling and want to carry as little as possible though.

on 4/9/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely smelling body oil. It is on the thicker side, with a heavenly wild rose fragrance. Not synthetic smelling at all. I use this after stepping out the shower before I pat myself dry. Highly recommend.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This body oil is thick but yet it absorbs quickly into the skin. Would be perfect to apply right after shower onto damp skin. Very moisturizing for dry skin but may be too heavy for normal skin. My skin feels so soft and smooth after.

It has a light and natural rose scent, comes in a glass bottle so can be quite heavy. Also using it in the shower you'll have to be extra careful not to drop it.

I liked that the opening of the glass bottle has a plastic thingy that prevents spills.

Very impressed and would definitely repurchase.

This beautiful and refined rose oil not only smells fantastic but keeps my skin soft and moisturized the whole day. I use it on slightly damp skin after the shower, it absorbs quickly and leaves skin soft and satiny, not greasy at all. It is also great as massage oil, I rub it on my arms, shoulders and back of the neck before going to sleep, it is so soothing and relaxing... kind of aromatherapy effect. 100% recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, I cannot figure out if I got a bad batch or what. The one I have smells NOTHING like Roses and in fact it doesn't smell like anything you should be using. To me it smells like something gone bad, horrid. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. I am glad I got the trial size, because I can't handle the smell of it. Writing a letter to the company and the place I purchased from online to see what I can have done. I feel like it was a total waste of money. I tried it when I first got it, then a bit later I thought well maybe I was just imagining it was so bad. I will try it again. Ugh no smells worse. I can sense a faint rosy smell when I wash it off from the bit that is left on, but the smell coming out of the bottle smells horrible. Not something I want to smell like.

Would not recommend.