Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil

4.6

Ingredients (INCI): Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Farnesol*. * from natural essential oils

WHAT IS THIS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE?! I bought the Weleda starter kit with 6 essential oils and am always hesitant to put a new oil on my face just because my skin is so sensitive. I was using Seabuck Wonders' pure Organic Himalayan Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil on my face before this, so I figured the sea buckthorn in the starter kit was probably least likely to aggravate anything. Not only did it NOT aggravate anything, it HEALS EVERYTHING, and the pure one I was using is nothing in comparision to Weleda's. Every day after removing my makeup, I have little aggravated spots and have yet to figure out what in my makeup is causing the small bumps and acne to pop up. I put the Weleda oil on my face and wake up with everything literally just GONE. (Side note: Smells like you're smearing gummy bears on your face - which is weirdly extremely enjoyable haha) It's also been healing the discoloration in my face caused by acne as well! This stuff is a miracle in a bottle, and I cannot recommend it enough - I haven't felt this good about my skin ever!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I liked this while I used it. It's loaded with beneficial oils. Unfortunately, sea buckthorn is pretty far on the ingredient list. This oil is bright orange in color and smells of citruses, fresh and uplifting. Comes in a glass bottle which makes it pretty unconvenient if you're straight outta shower and not really travel-friendly.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/19/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

If youre sensitive to some natural oils as i am then you may have trouble with this body oil.
I use it on some of my body and it is giving me aggressive pimples on both my legs and shoulders, eek.
Other 'cheaper' body oils have not done this. I will go back to using Palmers moisturising body oil because it did not give me body pimples and also actually made my skin feel amazingly soft and not wake up with little chest-wrinkles from sleeping - this weleda oil looked nice on, but didn't provide any hydration. Quite a useless product for me.

on 10/12/2014 4:30:00 AM

Want silky body skin?

Sea Buckthorn Body Oil contains the arctic region wonderoil with those fatty acids making your skin very happy and satiny.

Use a small amount on wet skin (important) after shower and rub it gentle in all over. Perfect in summertime as it gives a slight sheen making your exposed skin look faboulus and healthy without beeing greasy if you do not use to much. You can dress immidiately when using the right amount of oil. A bottle lasts forever.

The natural essential oils scent is heavenly even though quite strong the first few minutes, but remember these essential oils have their own skin benefits and strenghtening effect.

Highly recommended!

Absolutely amazing. I'd been using Weleda Wild Rose body oil on my face at night for a while and had great results, so I decided to try this one and I like it even more. It's too heavy for daytime (for me) but when using this on my face at night I wake up with smooth, clear, very soft skin. I tend not to use this on my body, though, just my face. So it lasts forever, as I use a small amount and smooth it on while my face is still damp from washing. I rub the excess into my hands.

on 6/4/2014 8:14:00 AM

I bought a travel set that had this oil in it so that I would be able to take it with me while traveling. I chose to bring this one in particular with me because of the scent. It smells slightly medicinal but with a touch of sweetness. I like the texture of the oil, which is light. It blends easily into the skin and is absorbed quickly. The thing I did not like about this oil is the fact that the travel-sized packaging leaks once opened, no matter how hard you try to screw on the lid. For this I removed a lippie. I am on the fence about repurchasing because there are other comparable brands that give you more bang for your buck, although the scent of the products perhaps is not as pleasant as the Sea Buckthorn scent.

Update: I just wanted to mention that the traveling packaging is not airtight and leaked all over the place in my makeup bag. Very disappointing!

This oil is absolutely wonderful for both the face and the body. For my body, I use it on damp skin because that makes it easier to smooth it out. On my face, it seems to work wonders! I have rather oily/combination skin and I feel that my face is getting less oily now that I regularly put oil on my face. After reading great things about argan oil, I purchased that, used it on my face a couple of days, but today I switched back to this oil because I find it a lot better in terms of hydration and the glow it gives to my skin. Great stuff!!!

on 10/23/2012 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this on my face only. I buy it in the little sample bottles that cost like 2-3 and they last me forever. I use just a couple of drops on the dry/normal areas of my face in the evening, avoiding my chin as I tend to break out there. This makes the dry areas of my face moist and happy, and I always wake up with a nice healthy glow after applying it the night before. This seems to help prevent and even clear up breakouts on my face, save my chin. I love the smell. Like orange Fruit Loops :) Apparently this stuff contains some good natural anti-ageing ingredients. Will continue to use and repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Other reviews that suggested this oil was too thick and/or had an unpleasant fragrance slowed my purchase, but I finally took action when Amazon offered this moderately pricey oil at a great price in its Subscribe & Save program. I am so happy I finally took the leap. I have impossibly dry skin on face and body. My face, neck, hands, arms moisturizing habits are good. But I have never been one to give enough attention to my legs. With this wonderful oil, I can moisurize my legs quickly, so they don't get ignored. I even use the oil on my face when I'm not wearing makeup. I find the oil light, refreshingly fragrant (mandarin and orange scents), and delightfully moisturizing. It totally works for me. I gave only 4 stars because I have no idea what the percentage of sea buckthorn is. I know the bulk of the oil is sesame, so the sea buckthorn must be substantially less than 49%. I don't know what long-term effects this oil will have on my skin, but in the short term it is doing a terrific job. LOVE IT!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a little pricey for the regular sized bottle- so I was thrilled to see that vitacost.com sells little 1oz sample sizes of the Weleda products. It's nice to try before you buy for more expensive items. I was a little surprised to find that the consistency of this is more akin to honey than oil. I didn't think that I would like this initally. But I liked the fact that the orange colored oil has an orange/citrus scent- something about the color and the scent matching makes it very pleasant. So, this grew on me and after a few days, I would get out of the tub and look forward to rubbing some orange-scented syrup on my body. There's something "happy" about this product. I didn't notice any significant change in my skin- but this worked just fine as a body oil. But, I must say, plenty of other products (ahem, less expensive ones) work just as well (such as CVS vitamin e oil). But I did like this oil and would have immediately purchased the large bottle if I were rich. LOL! This would be a nice oil to have to rotate with other ones. One of these days, I'll get the big bottle... or maybe ask for it as a gift. I do kind of miss this stuff....

Popular Body Skincare Products