3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

This polish looks A W E S O M E on tan/olive skin. It's so pretty and elegant, not streaky at all for me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Tan

HairBlack

8 months ago

For blondes, this is perfect, I love two - three coats. Very flattering on all skin tones. Neutral enough to be very classy and elegant, it's not too pink or too white. Just great.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

8 months ago

Hey! I’ve tried a new tactic that seems to help a lot: 1. Replace the skinny brush with the big rounded one from the Essie Couture line or Sally Hansen Salon line 2. Apply two coats to one hand at a time. By one hand at a time, I mean paint all five nails with a thin coat once and then go right back and do the second coat. Try to *slightly* float the second coat. Then do your other hand, two coats.Topcoat of your choice. I still had to redo two of ten, but it still saved me from pulling my hair out!

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

I honestly bought Ballet Slippers because of the hype but didn't use it for a long time after reading the reviews, I was sure I was gonna hate the formula. Well, actually it's surprisingly not really streaky on me and I don't consider myself talented in applying nail polish. Granted, it's not an one-coater but after the second coat things look pretty even. I do three for more saturation. The semi-sheer white pink looks pretty and delicate so I don't have much to complain. I just prefer opaque nail polishes the way I prefer proper creamy lipstick to lipgloss and that's the only reason I don't reach for Ballet Slippers often.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

Tried this several times because I like the color. Unfortunately it is very streaky and looks a mess even with additional coats. Guess the queen of England has someone to apply it for her since this is her favorite. I personally am surprised Essie is selling this junk.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

As read in The Devil Wears Prada, 2 thin coats of Essie Marshmallow, 2 thin coats of Ballet Slippers: magic. When I have time I do base & top coat with Nails Inc Kensington Caviar. With the 2+2 though, it isn’t necessary and looks the same but lasts a little longer. I posted with the weird rings on short nails (don’t judge I’m sloppy)

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is hands down the worst nails polish I have ever purchased.. I returned it to the store the very next day.!! It cost $20NZD and was a complete waste of time , the lady at the counter said she had a lot of the Essie polishes come back and she was disappointed since Essie has such a solid reputation and is very pricey! I brought four wet n wild polishes to replace this crap one and will never touch the brand again .. streaky and does not have any coverage I did 5 layers on one finger and still streaked ! Shocking for the price

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0

a year ago

Looks a little light but once one it's a lovely pink. Problem is the formula. It's awfully streaky and takes about five coats before it's a solid color. Takes forever to dry because of this, though I notice it's a bit slow even if you use a single layer. Wanted to make this one work because it's so popular but could not... if it's just the color you're looking for, look elsewhere.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

2 years ago

I bought some of this because I had heard a lot about it and didn't have any similar in my nail polish collection. It went on OK but I wasnt struck on the colour so I doctored it a bit. I added a few drops of dark red and a few drops of grey until I got a sort of "ashes of roses" colour. I must have got it right judging by the number of compliments I've had

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I have tried several times to get this to work, as the color draws me in with how pretty and soft of a pink this is. However the application is awful. Tried it with base coat and without. Even one sheer coat leaves streaks and is patchy. So I add another coat thinking it will even out the streaks, but nope, it just adds another streaky layer and takes forever to dry. I've never worked with a more difficult formula, had to get rid of it.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm