72%

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 months ago

Three things: 1) This moisturizer is a pale turquoise shade. I think this is supposed to subtly counteract the naturally-occurring yellowish tones in our skin to make it seem brighter. This effect may be more cosmetic than actually hydrating. 2) This moisturizer smells strongly like Olay products, like a soap-y, rosy smell. 3) It's not very hydrating, which is probably this formulation is the Hydraskin Light vs. the Hydraskin Rich. Either way, this gel-cream is still very thick, it absorbs easily, but it doesn't provide lasting hydration and I find myself layering on a face oil afterwards. When it comes to botanical brands, I highly prefer Caudalie and Clarins, but Darphin makes some really great aromatherapeutic oils (Jasmine is my favorite). For $66, you could just buy the Fresh Rose day cream ($40) or Clarins ($54) and still save money in comparison to this product.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This is a great moisturizer for oily skin. It’s fairly light, sinks in without any residue and my face feels very hydrated. I have been using it at night this summer and I wake up with very nice happy skin. I imagine now it’d be too heavy for me during the summer day, but I could see this being a great day cream option in the winter. Only thing I doing like is that it smells very floral and old fashioned. Wish it was a more refreshing scent.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I've been repurchasing this cream over and over during the last 10 years. I have combo skin with a nasty t-zone. This moisturizer is perfect in winter an in summer at night. I sometimes switch to other moisturizers, but then when something happens (like... breakouts, greasy formulas sitting on top, strong or unpleasant smells, unsufficient moisturizing...you name it) I kick myself not having bought again the Hydraskin. It is a simple but effective product. It's hydrating, not greasy at all, fast absorbing. Has a lovely, gentle smell. What I define an elegant cream, that delivers and gives you a pampering moment. My only con is the presence of silicones, that are there for binding in the water, but are a a little troublesome on my skin lately. However it's a go-to product for hydration. Moderately priced at 44 euros a jar, it's still very affordable. Absolutely worth a try!

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

I received a sample of this, and had zero expectations - having mature, very dry skin, I tend to have very poor outcomes with products labelled "gel" and "light". To my great surprise, this product really moisturizes for hours without being greasy. I was surprised to see other reviewers say this is not appropriate for mature skin. Usually, I have to use a deep-moisturizing night cream even in the daytime. But this has been wonderful - my go-to summer moisturizer since first trying it. It's a little pricey, but a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Amazing, great product, very light on skin, not too greasy just perfect, using also as a moisturizer under my foundation. Can highly recommend it

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Well...I think is time to write a review for this moisturizer, since I been using it for quite a time now (8 months). At first I didn't like it so much. I'm on the sensitive side and it kinda give me more redness than I usually have. So I stopped using it for a time. Then i had the idea of using it at bed time as a night treatment. Since it can be used AM/PM (which is amaaaazing so you don't need to buy tons and tons of products) this gel-cream is so good to my face at night. After removing make-up and washing my face, I apply few drops of oil-serum and then Darphin Hydraskin Light. It leaves my skin feeling comfortable and soooo soft.It absorbs quickly and is perfect for the warm months coming...The only tging i dislike about it is the packaging. I would prefer a pump like or a tube that is much more hygienic than putting your finger on the jar....:( So, ladies don't be afraid to try it out....

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

5 years ago

This review is based on two sample packets I received in a Darphin order. Hydraskin Light Cream Gel is as the product states -- a "light" moisturizer. I'd recommend for very oily skin -- NOT for dry, mature skin as it did not moisturize. Cons: Unsanitary packaging as the product is housed in a jar. Overpriced. I think you can find better drug store products.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

I used to love this product then this year I bought another jar and maybe it's the lavender in it that drives my skin insane? Not sure...

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

6 years ago

Light, fresh, wonderful light smell, like fruit aroma. It hydrates without any greasiness, the skin absorbs it right away and best of all, it does not causes breakouts (unlike the Darphin Hydraskin Essential cream). I use it after the Darphin Jasmine oil to seal it in so that I get the complete hydrating, nourishing and anti-ageing treatment. The only down side to the Darphin Hydraskin Light is the jar it comes in, I rather prefer if it came in a tube like the hydraskin essential.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Light, non irritating, moisturising, love!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29