Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

on 10/28/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This curler is slick to use and the price is reasonable for me. One thing I need to mention is that its outline is a little too big for me. Anyway, if you need it. It will be a good choice.

on 8/20/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the Shu Uemura curler for so many years but after I had Lasik several months ago I found myself struggling to curl my lashes. The shape of the curler no longer fit flush against my eye, so the center area of my lashes would curl but not the inner and outer areas. I was always having to curl my lashes in sections to try and get everything curled. It never occurred to me that my eye might not be fitting with the curve of the Shu curler anymore. So I tried several different curlers (Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Le Metier, Shiseido) until I finally found this one.

The curve is more pronounced than the curve of the Shu and fits against my eye perfectly. I can get all the way to the base of my lashes without any pinching or discomfort. Usually I curl the base and the middle and hold for about ten seconds each and the pinching mechanism moves smoothly without sticking. The pad is a little wider and feels thicker than the traditional pad and it seems to help create a more consistent curl. I love that it's red too. It's kind of retro looking and pretty, and I can see my lashes against it more easily. I think my favorite detail about this curler is how wide it opens up (about twice as wide as any of my other curlers) so I don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers to get all my lashes inside of it.

The replacement pad isn't wrapped in the little sealed plastic square like most replacement pads are (Shu, Armani). It's just thrown in the box along with the curler, which means I usually end up keeping the box just to house the replacement pad, or I have to put it in a tiny ziploc to keep it sanitary. Not a big deal but if I'm using something on my eye area everyday I want it to be as clean as possible. Other than that it's a great curler and I'm relieved that I finally found a replacement for my Shu.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a great product. I usually settle for drugstore makeup, but all of my cheap eyelash curlers pinched, and pulled my lashes out. After losing quite a few lashes, I decided that enough was enough. I would have bought a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, except for the fact that it was TOO flat for my asian eyes. It rested so perfectly on my lash line, that it was almost impossible NOT to pull out my lashes with it. If you went to close, it would pull, or if you went too far from the lash line, it wouldn't do anything! After trying the Shu, I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin. This curler was amazing! The curve of the curler is bound to fit any eyelid shape, as it contours to mine just as well as my friends' double lid eyelids. The curl is beautiful and natural, unless you want that "L" shaped oomph, and squeeze it a few more times. I was also a bit concerned with how long it would last. With my drugstore eyelash curlers, once a little line appeared on the pad, it wouldn't curl anymore. You can imagine how disappointed I was was when I tried it once and the line was already there! I was very disappointed with that gigantic waste of money, so I used it a few more times just to be sure it was spent. It still worked! There is a little line there, that might seem like it would signal distress, but it hasn't effected the performance at all! I love this, and will definitely re-purchase. Another concern was tat the pad was really soft. The firm pads, I've noticed will give more of an "L" shaped, while these will be a bit more gentle. The soft pad is not a representation that it won't last very long, it still works great! $20 may seem like a lot, but already it's saved me a ton because I don't have to continue re-buying $6-$7 dollar eyelash curlers every week. (P.S. I've had mine for about a month, and it still works like new. Drugstore eyelash curlers worked for about a week at most for me.)

on 7/25/2011 3:23:00 PM

Love Love Love my KA.I felt lost when I tried to buy another(mine was stolen from gym bag grrr) from Sephora n was told they no longer carry the brand boy was i disappointed,I found a new store that carries my fav eyelash curler of all curlers.Big plus no shipping YAY!!!Can't wait

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchase this the other day, I finally snapped at my cheap eyelash curler for always making me cry everytime I use it, and decided that it was time to invest in something a little pricey just to see if it worked any better.
I had in my mind the Shu Uemura, Utowa and this one Kevyn Aucoin. I decided to go for this one first. At $48AUD it wasn't cheap, as soon as I got back to work I use it to curl my lashes, to my suprise there was hardly to no pinching at all, so it was pain free curling. There was no snagging or pulling of my lashes which I was soo happy about, the packaging was different with the red pad. Usually with my cheap curler, everytime I took it off my eyes, some of my lashes get pulled off as well.This one actually get almost every single one of my lashes and the thing that impress me was that it never bundle my lashes together like the cheaper ones do, it actually fans them out as it is curling.
I will be looking at investing in the Utowa and most definitely the Shu Uemura one, but for now this one is excellent.
For those of you that dont see the difference between this a cheap curler, trust me just at least invest in one and you will see the difference. I put up with the pinching for 2 years from cheaper curlers because I couldn't see the difference between this and a normal one. Now that I got this I really regretted putting up with all that pain from the last 2 years.

on 4/23/2008 1:14:00 AM

This is my favorite curler, I prefer this to the curlers by Shu (runner up fave) and Shiseido (didn't like). The pads last a long time, and I use it every day! I have repurchased, because I needed a "buy up" item on drugstore.com to qualify for a minimum purchase/discount and I don't mind having an extra one!

Eyes: Violet

Great e/l curler. Have 3 Shus that I've been using forever-this works well. I have large eyes and all I can tell you is that it works for me.

on 5/21/2007 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using Shu curlers as long as MUA has been around. Love them. Why did I sucomb to the hype about these? KA doesn't bend my lashes enough and what little curl there is doesn't last. Hate throwing out $20 when I could have gotten the best for $18. Grrrh grrrh grrrh!

on 9/8/2006 8:00:00 AM

Hmmm, not terrible maybe I am just used to my Shu. This works but I find Shu easier to use- it gets the little lashes in the outer corner of the eye. The red rubber is a good idea though.

This is my favorite curler. I've tried Shu, which I used for years, Mac, which I like better than Shu and now KA. I like the KA the best. It never pinches my eyelid, like I got with Shu sometimes and of course, the red is cute.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools