Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 10/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

feels exactly like the cheap ones, it's not sturdy at all and the very first time i tried it made the one eye look with different bad and uneven curl. i had way cheaper curlers that felt and perfomed better. definitely not worth the 17£. i already regret i cave in and bought it.

on 4/6/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a solid eyelash curler and was my first foray into the high end lash curlers. Prior to buying this one I always used Revlon, ELF or whatever brand caught my eye at the drugstore or grocery store. While I wouldn't call this a game changing curler, I will say it's better than drugstore brands. I find it helpful to follow Wayne Goss' technique for lash curling by holding and pressing it for 30-60 seconds and lifting it a bit. My problem is that my lashes initially curl really well but a couple of hours later, not so much. This curler didn't really make a difference on that score.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is basically my first eyelash curler (I can remember buying a cheap drugstore curler years ago, having it crimp and pinch my lashes, I got rid of it not long after that) so I can't compare it to the other popular ones like the Shu, Shideido or Surratt. I purchased this one because it was the best reviewed eyelash curler on Sephora and many people seemed to prefer it to some of the other popular ones I mentioned. I really like this curler and I think it does the job. I have large, deep set hooded eyes, and this curler grabs all my lashes and doesn't pinch at all unless I position it the wrong way. I do several pumps for about 10 seconds and have curled lashes. The curl seems to last for the day although I do think this would depend on the mascara you use. I like the red curling pad as I can see my black lashes against it easily. I would recommend this curler.

on 1/7/2017 1:52:00 PM

I recently noticed that the pad on my trusty Revlon red curler was split in two. Having been down that road before and having no desire to accidentally snip off my eyelashes again, I quickly went on the hunt for a new eyelash curler. After doing minimal research and reading reviews, I picked up a Shiseido curler at Ulta. While it gave a great curl, it was too flat for my eye shape and didn't reach my lashes the way the Revlon did and the way I want it to, especially for a higher end curler. I went back to the Internet and scoured reviews and read Reddit tutorials. I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin curler based on my rudimentary eye measurements and the fact that it has similar measurements to the Revlon curler, which worked very well for me in the past. (I couldn't find the Revlon curler and figured I'd try higher end anyway.) I'm very happy with the decision. The KA curler fits my eye shape beautifully (for the most part because apparently my eyes have subtle shape differences) and gives a fantastic curl that can almost be TOO much curl if I'm not careful. It's a bit expensive; however, it's easy to find at Sephora or other higher end retailers. The mechanism is very basic and smooth and does exactly what I want it to do. I'm a bit disappointed that replacement pads aren't available after the extra one provided with the curler is gone, but I understand the company recommends replacing the whole curler at that point. I like the actual pad better than the Revlon pad and find it to be firmer, hence giving a better curl with less effort. I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 1/6/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am blessed with long lashes and rely on eyelash curlers to keep them .... curled! These did absolutely nothing. They felt like there was no "Spring" attachment and they simply clamped down. They felt really cheap and nasty tbh. My 2 favourites are Mr Mascara and Tarte eyelash curlers and both are cheaper. An expensive bin product.

on 1/5/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Kicking myself for waiting so long to venture into pricey eyelash curlers. I've owned/tried most drugstore curlers over the past 30+ years. Please don't make my mistake! Splurge on a HE curler and you won't regret it. This curler creates a curl that will last all day. I tried the Shiseido first but it didn't work with the shape of my eye. (I tried to be careful, but it still pinched my eyelid. Ouch!) The KA curler has a pronounced curve compared to Shiseido's curler. By far, this is my best beauty buy of 2016!

on 10/28/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This curler is slick to use and the price is reasonable for me. One thing I need to mention is that its outline is a little too big for me. Anyway, if you need it. It will be a good choice.

on 10/28/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have found a Holy Grail for eyelash curlers...

Insider tip: I snap a few of these bad boys up for $12 each at the Makeup Show. My first one lasted for a year (I used both pads) and would gladly pay full price ($21) if I was pressed to do so. Thankfully, I don't have to.

My eye shape can be seen if you check out my pictures on this makeupalley account. I'm Asian with double lids and my eyelashes are pin straight, so curling my lashes before applying waterproof mascara is a must for me if I decide to wear makeup. My eyes are asymmetrical but this eyelash curler works well with both.

I've never ripped out eyelashes with this curler, even on the very very rare day when I decide to curl my eyelashes /after/ mascara application. It doesn't pinch my lids either.

Curlers I have tried in the past: Koji No. 73, Revlon, e.l.f. , Shiseido, New York Color.

Kevyn Aucoin beats all of them hands down in terms of ease, results, and comfort. Holy Grail.

on 9/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

on 5/18/2016 10:59:00 AM

This curler is definitely not for me. I've only ever used cheap drugstore curlers in the past; it never occurred to me to spend more on one until I started to do some research when the Revlon I've been using for 5-plus years began to wear out. After reading so many glowing reviews for the Kevyn Aucoin, I decided to splurge and see what all the fuss is about. Ouch! No matter how many different angles I tried when using this curler, it never failed to pinch the outer and inner corners of my eyes. And even when I did manage to get a good grip without my eyes watering in pain, I was disappointed in the curl: I mainly just got a crimping effect - my cheap curler gives me much better results. Maybe this curler is not made for someone with small to medium sized eyes like me, because so many others seem to love it. But as for me, I will be returning this curler and picking up another cheap one. And maybe do some more research to see if there's a HG curler out there for small-eyed gals such as myself.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools