Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 7/20/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Holy crap. I will NEVER use another drugstore curler AGAIN! To be honest, I never used anything other than the d/s ones--I didn't even KNOW there were high end curlers!!!! *slaps face* This has got to be the greatest thing in the world for my stupid flat lashes that I was "blessed" with from my family genes (along with the other wonderful things like cellulite and a pooch belly, despite years of hard core sports playing starting when I was 3. Nope. Still got fat. Still got cellulite. Still got acne. Still got the effing stupid lashes). Back on topic though...... this curler doesn't just kink a curl into place. It shapes my lashes all over. I've never had them touch the bottom of my brow bone area, and this curler curled them all the way up, and they look the way they're supposed to!! YAY!!! This thing is amazing. I think I'll sleep with it in bed like my teddy. That's how much I love it. You won't be dissapointed with this!!!

on 8/20/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the Shu Uemura curler for so many years but after I had Lasik several months ago I found myself struggling to curl my lashes. The shape of the curler no longer fit flush against my eye, so the center area of my lashes would curl but not the inner and outer areas. I was always having to curl my lashes in sections to try and get everything curled. It never occurred to me that my eye might not be fitting with the curve of the Shu curler anymore. So I tried several different curlers (Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Le Metier, Shiseido) until I finally found this one.

The curve is more pronounced than the curve of the Shu and fits against my eye perfectly. I can get all the way to the base of my lashes without any pinching or discomfort. Usually I curl the base and the middle and hold for about ten seconds each and the pinching mechanism moves smoothly without sticking. The pad is a little wider and feels thicker than the traditional pad and it seems to help create a more consistent curl. I love that it's red too. It's kind of retro looking and pretty, and I can see my lashes against it more easily. I think my favorite detail about this curler is how wide it opens up (about twice as wide as any of my other curlers) so I don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers to get all my lashes inside of it.

The replacement pad isn't wrapped in the little sealed plastic square like most replacement pads are (Shu, Armani). It's just thrown in the box along with the curler, which means I usually end up keeping the box just to house the replacement pad, or I have to put it in a tiny ziploc to keep it sanitary. Not a big deal but if I'm using something on my eye area everyday I want it to be as clean as possible. Other than that it's a great curler and I'm relieved that I finally found a replacement for my Shu.

on 11/13/2015 8:19:00 PM

I used Shiseido eyelash curler for over 7 years before I finally decided to switch to another new HG which is this Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler. Price point, it is slightly more expensive than Shiseido but it works better. For instance, Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler is noticeably much wider and curved in both corners so that when I crimp my lashes, it catches every lash on the corners of my eye. Since the curler has wider opening, I could actually see where I am placing my curler before I crimp, something I could never do with Shiseido eyelash curler. With the previous one, I had to do two step curling process: one with the Shiseido to curl most of the central parts of my lashes and then a Shu Uemura mini curler to catch the missed corner lashes. But with Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler, it's just one step and I'm done. I also notice Kevyn Aucoin produce a much natural and more fanned out eyelash curl. No pinching experience. I definitely recommend this curler for those with deep inset wide shaped eyes.

on 8/27/2003 3:07:00 AM

Well, I LOVE this!! I bought it after Craig at Bendel's used it on me. This works just as good as the Shu, and I like that the pads are red (so that it is easier to see when curling your lashes). Also, although they seem very similar (just compared the two) for some reason I am able to get in much closer to my lid than I was with my Shu with no pinching. The main reason I bought this though was because you can reverse the pads and use the other side, so in effect, it's almost like you're getting 4 pads (really just 2 but since reversible then 4)....actually, I just tried this with my Shu and seems those are "reversible" too. Okay, well...I still like the red pads... :P lol, still a good product overall, and I would probably repurchase because I get less pinching with this curler for only $3.50 more than my Shu. UPDATE: Still loving this curler! Pads seem to last longer than my Shu one so I'll be repurchasing this! I've been using this 3-5 times a week since late July (it is now January) and the original pad in the curler is still going strong! Woohoo! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a great product. I usually settle for drugstore makeup, but all of my cheap eyelash curlers pinched, and pulled my lashes out. After losing quite a few lashes, I decided that enough was enough. I would have bought a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, except for the fact that it was TOO flat for my asian eyes. It rested so perfectly on my lash line, that it was almost impossible NOT to pull out my lashes with it. If you went to close, it would pull, or if you went too far from the lash line, it wouldn't do anything! After trying the Shu, I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin. This curler was amazing! The curve of the curler is bound to fit any eyelid shape, as it contours to mine just as well as my friends' double lid eyelids. The curl is beautiful and natural, unless you want that "L" shaped oomph, and squeeze it a few more times. I was also a bit concerned with how long it would last. With my drugstore eyelash curlers, once a little line appeared on the pad, it wouldn't curl anymore. You can imagine how disappointed I was was when I tried it once and the line was already there! I was very disappointed with that gigantic waste of money, so I used it a few more times just to be sure it was spent. It still worked! There is a little line there, that might seem like it would signal distress, but it hasn't effected the performance at all! I love this, and will definitely re-purchase. Another concern was tat the pad was really soft. The firm pads, I've noticed will give more of an "L" shaped, while these will be a bit more gentle. The soft pad is not a representation that it won't last very long, it still works great! $20 may seem like a lot, but already it's saved me a ton because I don't have to continue re-buying $6-$7 dollar eyelash curlers every week. (P.S. I've had mine for about a month, and it still works like new. Drugstore eyelash curlers worked for about a week at most for me.)

on 4/22/2009 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best curler I've used to-date although not HG and is much preferred over my Shu and Shiseido curlers. It captures more of my lashes than any other curler and gives them a beautiful curl without crimping them. It also fits my eye shape better so that I get minimal pinching even though my eyes are on the small side. I can also get the curler quite close to the base of my lashes to give them a higher lift. The red rubber pad is a lovely touch. I'm really disappointed though that they don't make replacement pads for this and make you buy an entirely new curler.

on 12/19/2008 12:23:00 AM

I was actually happy with my ancient Shu curler, but the pads had long since worn out, and the Shiseido replacement pads weren't such a great fit, no matter what everyone else says. After struggling for the better part of a year with the ill-fitting Shiseido pads, I reluctantly decided I needed another curler. I was *this close* to buying another Shu, but then I read about how they had been redesigned...and in my view, for the worse. The Shu no longer fits my eye shape -- it seems better suited for almond eyes. Fortunately, the KA curler fits my non-almond eye shape remarkably well. It opens wide, so it's easy to position it on your eyelid to make sure every last lash gets curled. The only downside is that the KA curler doesn't come with replacement pads, nor are they sold separately. I think that's really wasteful and a lousy gimmick to make people repurchase the entire curler (same deal with KA's non-refillable automatic brow pencil). I'm knocking off a lippie for that alone, but otherwise, it's a really solid curler.

on 10/28/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have found a Holy Grail for eyelash curlers...

Insider tip: I snap a few of these bad boys up for $12 each at the Makeup Show. My first one lasted for a year (I used both pads) and would gladly pay full price ($21) if I was pressed to do so. Thankfully, I don't have to.

My eye shape can be seen if you check out my pictures on this makeupalley account. I'm Asian with double lids and my eyelashes are pin straight, so curling my lashes before applying waterproof mascara is a must for me if I decide to wear makeup. My eyes are asymmetrical but this eyelash curler works well with both.

I've never ripped out eyelashes with this curler, even on the very very rare day when I decide to curl my eyelashes /after/ mascara application. It doesn't pinch my lids either.

Curlers I have tried in the past: Koji No. 73, Revlon, e.l.f. , Shiseido, New York Color.

Kevyn Aucoin beats all of them hands down in terms of ease, results, and comfort. Holy Grail.

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this is better than my old Shu one. Somehow the shape of this allows me to get all of my eyelashes in comfortably - it opens more - and it makes the lashes look more lifted and longer. The Shu one was a bit crimpy for me, even though everyone swears by it. This one has a larger, more rounded pad, and I prefer the result. The lashes are actually curled as opposed to bent.

on 6/20/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Best eyelash curler I have ever used! I used the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for years, but it got old and eventually was just crimping my eyelashes and making them look horrible. This is so much better! It never crimps my eyelashes or pinches my eyes, and gives me a perfect curl every time. This eyelash curler opens extra wide so it gives you more control. I would recommend this to everyone!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools