Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer

4.1

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

I love the Double Wear foundation but the concealer fell flat. I mostly wanted to use it for under my eyes, where it immediately looked dry and patchy and got worse throughout the day. I also tried dabbing it on some spots on my face. It blended and covered well at first but then wore off a few hours later.

So much better than Touche Eclát. I had this one first, and its amazing. It covers dark circles like magic almost, pof! And they're gone. I also use this to cover pimples and other impurities as it has great coverage and doesn't cling to dry spots immediately. It sits like stone, lasts all day and its really thick so a little goes a long way. It sits so well without moving that it is a bit on the dry side but nothing. It works perfect as a highlight/illuminatior as well. Hence my disappointment with touche eclat, I had heard so much about it but was utterly disappointed. Sure, it illuminates fine but doesn't cover squat and makes Estee Lauder so much more worth the money as it does everything

Good overall but not for undereyes. Settles into lines and looks way too heavy.

I love this concealer!! It perfectly covers my dark circles and doesn't stay in the lines!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like this product doesn't get enough hype. I never really read about it or hear it being talked about by the so called "Beauty Gurus". This stuff is awesome and I'm so impressed with EL's shade range for this product. I use Warm Light because I like a bit of yellow in my face products. I use this as an under eye concealer and it brightens and conceals beautifully! I use this everyday. I use it for work, an evening go out, special events, pretty much for everything. This product is thick but in a good way because it doesn't cake up. I absolutely hate the price but I will continue to repurchase until I can find something that's just a good at a better price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like this concealer for the coverage, however I felt it ran a little orange for my liking. Prefer my urban decay naked concealer which is also orange but far less noticeable. The orangeness is good if you have terribly dark under eye circles like me and tan skin.

Won't repurchase as it creases more than my UD but is otherwise just as good imo

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My circles are the color or eggplants rotting in your fridge. Thank goodness this concealer hides a multitude of sins!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin looks better after tossing all skincare and makeup with silicone, but may need to make an exception for EL Double Wear concealer. A medium to full coverage with a utterly natural finish that lasts all day without creasing, it is heaven sent for these tired eyes. There are limited shades, but Light/Medium matches perfectly. The packaging prevents excessive buildup on the applicator wand, but would strongly prefer a tube. Never been happier for succumbing to the pressure at the makeup counter. In fact, I'll agreed to try some of the EL foundations, next weekend. :-)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best concealer I have ever used for my under eye area. It cover the dark areas nicely, blends easy and stays put without settling into creases. I tried the NARS version that resembles this and was not at all impressed, it was too light, even for my ghostly pale face and did not cover or last well. I came right back to Estee Lauder's version.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm a NC42 and use the shade Medium warm 3W. It's a very yellow/tan concealer which suits me perfectly.
I have to say it goes on lighter on the skin than it looks in the tube. You get the standard 7 ml, for 28$. A little goes long long way so def worth the price! I got combination skin, get a bit oily on my t-zone throughout the day and normal on the perimeter of my face.

Concealers I own mentioned in order of preference, top choice to bottom: Makeup Store cover all mix - dark, Mac studio fix NW35, Tarte shape tape-medium, Maybelline Master conceal - 40 medium, Maybelline Age rewind and Fit me- 25 Medium.

Packaging:
Comes in a small bottle tube. Classy and simple with a gold-handle applicator. Doesn't look like cheap nor super expensive. Simple and classy, very Estee Lauder like. I like!

Look/finish:
I only use these for my undereyes as it's too light to use allover to spot conceal. If I found a shade for doing that I would buy it for that too. I don't really like too much of a stark bright undereye, but I do enjoy a healthy smooth bright look. This really covers everything beautifully and dries down to a matte finish. It sets fast so work in sections. I don't need to set it with a powder at all. I found that if I do that, it accentuate my fine lines and cracks I never knew I had. It also does not crease and stays put ALL day long. Big plus for the SPF10.

Texture:
A little goes a long way. It doesn't hurt to moisturize to prep as it sets so fast and very matte. It's so pigmented and creamy. Using the warmth of your fingers works as well as using a brush. I'd say it has a quite thick consistency. I think that's what helps with the coverage of this concealer. It's formulated with minerals and emollients to condition the skin. It's oil free and feels great on the skin. It's just perfect! Very easy to blend and little doe-foot applicator makes it hygienic, super easy and convenient to use.

Smell:
It smells a bit like paint, nothing too strong. If you own the EL Stay all day foundation you'll know exactly what I mean, they smell the same. The good things is that it doesn't linger. But you can't really smell it if you don't put the nose against the product itself.

Cons:
Only downside is the shade selection. I don't think everyone could find a shade match, since they only offer 10 shades. If you have dry skin I think you'll need to prep and moisturize before.

Conclusion:
I was debating beween this and Nars. I tried the Nars 3 times and it felt too heavy and dry on me so I opted for this one. So happy I did, it's also cheaper than Nars, win win!

This concealer is a must have! I think this is awesome, love this so much. One of the best concealer I ever tried! Couldn't recommend it enough. From all the concealers I own this concealer takes a proud 1st place. HOLY GRAIL!

*Makeup store Cover all mix concealer Dark = My all time favorite cream pot concealer.
Perfect to spot conceal, great staying power, pigmented, perfect for all around use.
*Mac Studio fix concealer NC35= Great pot concealer. Amazing staying power. Perfect to spot conceal and cover darkness.
*Maybelline Master conceal Medium 40= A bit too light but work ok for quick touch ups. Not the best staying power though.
*Maybelline Age rewind Medium= Same as the Master conceal.
*Maybelline Fit me 25 medium= Too light and not pigmented enough, too emollient. Bad staying power.
*Sonia kashuk creamy concealer 02= Not pigmented enough and bad staying power.
*Revlon Photoready stick concealer medium = Not pigmented enough. Bit greasy, bad staying power.
*Mac Prolong concealer NC35 = Easy the work with, pigmented and long lasting. One of my favorites.
*Milani sercret cover concealer = Too waxy, hard to work with and bad pigmentation.