Supergoop! 100% Mineral Smooth and Poreless Matte Sunscreen SPF 40

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 0.7, Zinc Oxide 17Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Coco-Caprylate, Isododecane, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate,

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

First off, this sunscreen achieves its matte texture through the use of silicones. I myself have no problems with silicone in my products, but I know some people avoid it, and that it's not compatible with certain skin types. Also, alcohol doesn't seem to be in this product, which is an even bigger bonus!

The silicone in this creates a very primer-like texture, and it's also helps make the product feel very lightweight, which is great for my oily skin because sometimes sunscreen can feel thick and uncomfortable, and make my skin feel even more oily. This one basically blends and disappears into the skin right after application, which makes it super convenient, comfortable and mess-free. It also didn't cause a reaction or any breakouts.

However, it's biggest criticism is that although it feels like a primer, it does not work like one. It made my makeup look terrible at the end of the day. My makeup normally wears away naturally throughout the day and disappears discreetly. This made even my most trusted base combination (primer, foundation and/or concealer) look patchy, and what was left settled into lines or any uneven skin texture, and most importantly, highlighted literally every single tiny pore I have.

Overall, it seems to be a good sunscreen, and I'd say it will probably suit people who don't wear makeup or only intend to wear this on no makeup days. I'm satisfied enough with this that I'm willing to give Supergoop's other sunscreens a try, but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this one in particular.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is everything that the company claims it to be and more. (With one ding - see below). I have large pores and oily skin, with dry patches, and to test this out I wore my greasy AF Colourpop stick foundation and it really kept me matte all day and then some. It also kept me nearly poreless! It blends beautifully as well. So why not 5 lippies vs. just 4? Because as a fair skinned gal, the color which is supposed to be "universal" was just way too dark for me and therefore, it sort of had an orange tinge to it. I really wish they would come out with a lighter color.