3.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

24 days ago

Lume works great...until it doesn’t. Things were wonderful at first. It provided great odor neutralization for the better part of 24 hours no matter where I used it or how much I sweated. It didn’t keep me dry, but it isn’t an antiperspirant so no surprise there. In the winter, Lume alone was fine; in the summer or on days where I was sweating more than usual, I’d use a little deodorant powder to help dry things up. Then after a year, Lume wasn’t working as well. I noticed that my armpits weren’t smelling so good at the end of an 10-hour day. I rotated scents and also brought a tube in with me for touch ups. That helped...for a little while. Then that stopped working too. Soon, I was starting to smell like my teenage son after his gym class, and that would be before I finished my shift at work! Lume seemed to be doing a decent job controlling odor elsewhere...though I’ll admit, with my feet, some days, some days, it seemed like it was hit-or-miss. I shelved Lume for now. The problem is that I have a good-sized supply of this around, and given the horror stories I’ve read about their customer service, I think I’m stuck with it. I’m hoping that my body just got too used to Lume, and that after a several-month break, I’ll give it another go and it’ll work again. Until then, all I can give it is two stars...and even then, that’s grudgingly given. 1 1/2 stars would be more accurate.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

3 months ago

I've been using this product for almost a week now. I purchased this in silver sprice and the tube. So far, this product is the best I've ever used. This is not an antiperspirant, so will not prevent sweat. I've been using non antiperspirant for over a year now, but was having trouble finding something that would last all day. Lume does. The scent is very mild and goes away entirely shortly after applying. At the end of the day there is no scent at all. This took me a little to get used to, because every other deodorant I've used had a scent. I guess I was used to smelling like something. With lume I smell like nothing. But, most importantly I do not smell like b.o. Also, no irritation as of yet. This really works better than anything I've ever tried, including antiperspirant. As far as the 72hr protection, I can not speak to that and I'm not sure I'd ever try to push it that far without showering and reapplying. Overall I am very impressed and will repurchase. This product has kept me odor free all day, something nothing has yet to do. I do recommend this product. The price is a bit high, but since it works great for me I will continue to use. It seems like it will last a long time. Overall, I am very happy with this product. Edit: after two weeks of use I have developed a rash on my armpits. I will discontinue using this product. I am not going to decrease my overall rating because it did work very well up until this point.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesGray

1.0

3 months ago

DO NOT buy this deodorant! HORRIBLE smell and HORRIBLE customer service. Was only able to return ONE of the two products I bought, and I had to pay for return shipping. I purchased a tube and a stick (one Silver Spruce scent and the other Jasmine Rose) and opened both to smell them. First of all, the smell was HORRIBLE and gave me a migraine after an hour. I am not a newbie to natural products, so I'm used to natural products smelling differently. But this was really bad, so I contacted them to ask about return. However, because I had opened both of them (to see if the other smelled as bad as the first one), they informed me that I could only return one opened product, and that I would have to cover return shipping. So I spent like $30 to try this product, then only got about $8 back and had to keep one of the products that I won't ever use. Not a fair practice or a good policy especially for a new product!! Very disappointed and irritated. Don't do the same thing I did.

Age25-29

3 months ago

This stuff is simply amazing. 72-hour odor protection is NEXT LEVEL AMAZING! It's more of a cream deodorant than the usual stick formula I'm used to, but I like it way more. It doesn't give me any white stains on my shirt and NEVER gives me irritation. Also, I've used it just about everywhere on my body and it's amazing!!!!

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

4 months ago

So I was super excited to try this deodorant and couldn't wait. First thing I noticed was how wet my underarms were when applied. I tried applying less but whew... worst idea. I tried rubbing it in with my fingers instead of the applicator but no dice my underarms were slick and wet. Which leads me to my issue with this deodorant. It definitely will NOT prevent you from sweating. Matter of fact it made me sweat more. I actually had to pack paper towels to dab myself every so often which would lead to reapplying which would lead to wet underarms all over again. It does control odor though but definitely not for 48 hours. Not even 24 hours. For me no more than 16 hours. I guess this deodorant can work for someone else but definitely not for me. Won't be buying again.

3.0

4 months ago

Right now I would buy Lume again, but that may change depending on how things go over the next month or two. I'm doing this review now since Lume has a very restrictive return policy. They offer discounts when you buy bundles and that makes the return policy even more difficult. At first I was in love with the Jasmine Rose - no irritation and kept me odor free for 48+ hours. After about 5 weeks, my armpits were ok for the most part (slight itchy sensation at the end of some days) but my under boob, skin folds and thigh creases (?) developed a prickly, red rash. I stopped using Lume in those areas and used Monistat anti chafing cream instead (gives about 2+ hours of odor control and prevents irritation). After a day or so, the rashes were gone. A week or two later, I started using Lume again. Rashes were back in a few days. Stopped using Lume again. However, the prickly sensation didn't completely go away as quickly even though I didn't apply any Jasmine Rose in those areas the next day. After my next bath, I covered those areas with Vaseline and that helped tremendously. So the Jasmine Rose is a no go on body areas for me, but I am still using it on my underarms. I ordered the unscented and hope it will work without issue in all places. Will do a follow up review once I try it. Re: Lume return policy. They allow returns on your 1st order within 30 days and you must use the company-issued return label. Only ONE of those items can be opened. It was more than 30 days when I got the rash, so I may be stuck with approx. 1/2 of the "stick" and an unopened tube of Jasmine Rose if the itchiness gets worse or other issues develop ($20 value since I got it for 20% off). If you buy multiple scents, you're likely to have more than one opened item. I recommend you by only one item on your first order despite the offer to save up to 25% on a bundle. I may lose another $20 on the unscented since it was my 2nd order. But if it works out, it will be worth the risk. However, I will not try any of the scented versions or other products unless they change their return policy.

Age44-55

1.0

4 months ago

I really wanted to like this product. Bought both the lavender deodorant and the tube. Not only because it claimed to be all natural (which it is NOT because as of the claim the company makes to work for 72 hours). First of all let me say that I am not a super stinky person. Maybe after going to the gym I my have a bit of slight BO but I do not smell bad. Here are the pros: 1. the smell is wonderful. I absolutely love lavender so I was thrilled that I could get a lavender scented deodorant! 2. The fact that you can put it on other areas besides your underarms is genius. However, I did not find it to make one bit of difference on those other areas. It was actually as if I didn’t apply anything at all. Those areas didn’t smell any better or worse than before I applied lume. Cons: 1. It is expensive! 2. They don’t do returns unless the product is unopened and they make YOU pay for the shipping. When was the last time you used a product for the first time without opening it? That should’ve been a major red flag. 3. The product is a cream and I hate cream deodorants! I would have preferred if it was a solid or even a non aerosol liquid. 4. I noticed every day that I used it, a couple of hours in I would start to have a weird body odor mixed with the lavender smell. When I woke up in the morning my armpits smelled horrible! Just for kicks I tried to skip a day after two weeks of use and had the worst BO I’ve ever had in my life! Conclusion: I have never had a BO a problem before I used lume. I don’t know why or how, but this product has made my armpits STINK HORRIBLY! Even after an hour of applying! I cannot return it or get even a portion of my money back because the company could care less. I was solicited by Lume via email and when I told them what their product did they never even bothered to respond. 9. If you buy this product don’t expect rainbows and unicorns. I got heaping piles of poop. Would never buy again and would never recommend to any one I cared about to use this product. 10. HUGE FAIL 👎🏽

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

from

6 months ago

I never thought I'd find an aluminum-free deodorant that works, but this one does! The active ingredient is reported to be zinc oxide (guess your pits won't get sunburned!). I don't know what it is but I truly don't stink. Note it's a deodorant not an antiperspirant, so you may experience some wetness. I haven't really noticed anything noteworthy in that department. You need VERY little; so little you will wonder if it will be effective but it is. The application is honestly a smeary gooey mess, even when done thinly, but it will dry down eventually. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

7 months ago

I have been trying different natural deodorants because I want to get away from antiperspirants, which interfere with release of toxins, stain clothes, and leave a residue on both skin and clothes. Most of the natural products I tried didn't control odor more than a few hours, some made my skin itchy, and some applied like pasty lumps. I saw a lot of Lume ads on social medial and the comments were overwhelmingly positive. I purchased unscented and Silver Spruce. This deodorant works. I've applied it in many places and I'm very pleased. The unscented is fine, but I'm nuts about Silver Spruce. It's marketed as a unisex fragrance and I find it to be more masculine, but I'm nuts about it anyway. It's too bad that the fragrance dissipates within 30-60 minutes because I would love to smell it all day. I'm using the "stick", but next time I will order the tube because it's the same product and I find that I'm applying with my fingers anyway. It is a thick lotion, very unlike other deodorants. It goes on best when your skin is slightly damp.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

7 months ago

Ok, so deodorants and antiperspirants seem to be very individual; what works for one person might not work at all for another, etc. That said, I've tried several brands of natural deodorant, and Lume works better than any of them, without any of the irritation of baking-soda-based formulas. One lippie off because it's not perfect, HG status, and I'm willing to try other brands, but I definitely plan to repurchase if I don't see anything better before I run out. I purchased this in the unscented version in the twist-up tube. I find the tube very convenient and easy to apply. It does have a very slight yeasty fragrance, which isn't unpleasant to me. I've found that applying to damp underarms allows it to go on very smoothly and thus I get only a very thin layer. As such, I haven't had any issues with clothing armpits getting messy while using this. So far as effectiveness, it doesn't control moisture as much as an antiperspirant, of course. But I find it works on odor just as well as my old trusty Almay unscented gel antiperspirant. I only use it once a day and find that, for the first time with a natural deodorant, I can wear the same shirt twice. And it does cut down on moisture compared to the Garden of Wisdom unscented deo cream (my previous favorite, but this seems to work better on odor AND has better packaging). I do not have private parts odor, so I haven't tried it there. It's pretty darn expensive for a deodorant, and it would be great if they had samples available to try before paying $14 or whatever, but I do use just a very small amount once a day, so it seems to last a while. I almost didn't purchase this, because when I emailed to ask them about the amount of mandelic acid (I have sensitive skin and really don't need an underarm peel, thanks), I got the REALLY annoying and unhelpful "we can't release the amounts because it's a proprietary formula." But I'm glad I took a chance on this because the risk ended up being worth it. Not affiliated or sponsored in any way.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral