REVLON PhotoReady Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation

REVLON PhotoReady Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation
PhotoReady Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim because I'm a sucker for new foundations. Luckily for me this worked out for once because this one is a winner. I have greeeeassy skin and so usually I only wear concealer and powder foundation, however with it being winter my skin is more on the red side and I needed something with more coverage.

You don't need a lot to get medium to full coverage and once it's on it does not budge. I don't get shiny after a full day of being on my feet at work and it doesn't transfer at all. I don't even need to blot during the day which has never happened for me.

I took off one lippie because the shade range is very limited in Canada where I live but otherwise this foundation rocks!

on 12/12/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation got many rave reviews on YouTube so I had to try it. I am 65 with with normal to dry skin at this time of the year. After about a month of trying this using different methods, I have to conclude that this foundation makes my skin look dry and textured. The coverage is about medium and I was able to find a reasonably good match. Finding your shade is a bit tricky as there does not seem to be any logical order to how the shades are arranged and the online swatches are way too dark. I'm NW20 and I bought 240/natural beige. I did experience some oxidation and the staying power was just okay even with setting spray. So disappointed! At $7.99 it is inexpensive enough to give it a try- perhaps it will work for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

First impression: A little sister to NARS Sheer Glow. It's got the "glow" yet it has medium coverage and it's surprisingly matte.

I like it and I've been testing it now all week. I would say it's not a perfect foundation. But I do like it for daily wear, just not enough or confident in this to be a special foundation for events or the nighttime. I would rate this more accurately as a 3.8.

This foundation does have a pearlescent glow finish. It doesn't blur out lines though and in fact can exaggerate them. I DO NOT recommend the candid concealer because that is horrid for aging eyes with lines. The foundation does the same so a good eye prep is needed with hydration prior to using this. Also (for over 40 girls/guys) do not set your under eye with powder because this is a drying foundation even on my very oily skin. In fact, I don't use powder it set my face at all due to it looking too cakey if I do.

Shades are the same typical shades of Revlon so if you know your Color Stay shade, you'll know this foundation. I'm Natural Tan in this and NC40 Olive

Staying Power: A solid B. It's good but not the best. I want to say Sheer Glow also lasts about the same on me. It won't last more than 9 hours on me before it starts to break down and fade away. Some might say 9 hours is more than enough time but most days, I work 16 hours so it's not the best for my needs.

Camera Okay? Yes, it actually looks very nice on camera. No flashback.

Reactions: Unfortunately, this does irritate my skin a bit. It makes my face slightly itchy and I broke out in a pimple with consistently wearing this for a week.

on 11/25/2018 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great foundation. I have dry sensitive skin with pore and fine lines. This foundation cover great and lasts my work day. It gives my skin a smooth appearance. I doesn’t break me out or make me greasy. I love that it has a pump. I don’t need much for a nice medium coverage. It gives my skin a healthy look.

on 11/15/2018 10:42:00 PM

Putting PhotoReady in the name of this foundation may not have been Revlon's smartest move. I think a lot of us remember the little sparkles in regular PhotoReady. I did, and that made me hesitant to try this. But I saw a couple of YouTube reviews before it hit the stores, and they didn't mention anything about sparkles or glitter, so I gave it a shot. I think "natural finish" is quite an accurate description of the finish of this foundation. It's not matte, not dewy. Just natural looking. (I have normal to combination skin these days-my t-zone can get a bit oily, and I can get a few dry patches sometimes.) It's kind of a gel-cream, not really liquid. The coverage is pretty good. I would say medium to medium-full, depending on how you apply it. I have found that I can apply it with either fingers, brush or beauty blender. So that's pretty impressive to me, that all methods work. Either the beauty blender or fingers give me the finish I like best. A brush tends to give too heavy of a look for me. It blends very nicely. I have a lot of texture on my forehead for some reason and a lot of foundations have been accentuating it. This doesn't do that very much at all. I don't get any creasing. The shade range is impressive, 31 shades. I had no problem finding my match. Looking at the color swatches on the Ulta website was confusing to me.120 looked darker than 130. I waited until they had it in store, so I could see it in person. I ended up with 120, Buff, which is the same shade I wear in Revlon Colorstay. I am fair with pretty neutral undertones. I did not buy the matching powder. I set it with L'Oreal Sweep 'n Lock loose powder. I don't think you would have to set it if you don't want to; it dries down pretty well, so that blush or bronzer glides over it pretty nicely. I won't say it's the best foundation I have tried, but it is really quite good. I love the packaging; it is a tube, but with a pump. However, it is not a full ounce as most foundations are. It is only .75 ounce, so you are not getting as much as is standard. And as far as the anti-pollution claims go, who knows.