LUSH Sugar Daddy-O

No Image

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love the solid shampoo bars by LUSH, so I was excited to try out a solid conditioner. Unfortunately, this product is incredibly disappointing. It is very difficult to melt in your hands, so in order to use this product it takes me a good five minutes of rubbing in my palm with a little water, rubbing my hands over my hair, and repeat. The bar is slippery to hold onto, so during this process I often drop the bar into my bathtub which drives me nuts. Even after minutes of doing this I never feel like I have enough product on my long hair. While my hair is soft and shiny after using this product, it is not quite moisturizing enough, and there are plenty of conditioners out there that are far easier to use that will provide better results. I have to pass on this one.

on 9/3/2018 5:26:00 PM

Bottle-less shampoos and conditioners have been trending, and I was excited to give them a try. I have straight, untreated, Asian hair that reaches down to my bum, so conditioner is a MUST. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations for this conditioner but it turned out to be a happy favorite. I should also mention, that I do not like silicone heavy hair products that give your hair that slippery feeling. Although this one is supposed to be for blonde hair, it was recommended to me because I wanted something that was moisturizing but not heavy.

This product takes a little bit of effort to work into the hair. In comparison to the shampoo bars, this conditioner bar is pretty hard. I take a moment to wet the bar, and to rub it between my hands to get the bar going, then I smooth the bar down the length of my hair a few times, and then I work the product into my hair. You will feel a light coating on your hair if done properly. I leave it in my hair for a few minutes before rinsing it out, and my hair is nicely conditioned afterwards (but not in that slippery silicone-y way). I love that it contains shea butter and argan oil. It leaves my hair nice and soft, and the scent is not as strong as some of the other LUSH products.

For my hair type, this is the perfect amount of conditioning. I am not sure if it would be enough if you had i.e. curly or color treated hair. I would recommend going in for a consultation to choose the right conditioner for you if you are interested. I heard they give samples and have a generous return policy so it's worth a try.