3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

This Cetaphil Hydrating Moisturizer is a “light” moisturizer for skin that is dry-ish. This alone will not relieve dry skin. But this is great to pat on immediately after cleansing to prevent skin from getting dry. It is fairly affordable at $15.50 for 3 ounces. Previously I used Cerave PM which has a waxiness to it. I believe it was clogging my pores. This Cetaphil Hydrating Moisturizer has an almost gel-like consistency. This is great to mix with foundation, or with a heavier cream that’s maybe too heavy. I love the drug store price and availability- I hope this never gets DC’d!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

4 months ago

As a moisturizer? NO!! Unless you have the most oily skin on the planet in the height of summer. As a hydrating serum underneath another moisturizer? YES YES YES. I don't now why they marketed this as a moisturizer and not a hydrating serum. If you use this like a serum its amazing and definitely adds a boost of hydration. I like that it has a high amount of urea in it which will act as a humectant and also a slight exfoliant to the skin. Great stuff!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

7 months ago

Not good if you have sensitive skin. I decided to try out this moisturizer with hyaluronic acid as it is a reasonable price and checks a lot of my skin care product boxes (anti-aging, fragrance free, etc.). However, it actually hurts my skin when I apply it - have tried it a few times now and it gives my skin a slight burning, irritated feeling as I apply it. Since I have a few other moisturizers in my collection that don't irritate my skin - I will not be finishing this moisturizer from Cetaphil. Not a good pick for sensitive skin in my opinion. I do recommend the 2% hyaluronic acid from the Ordinary mixed or layered with a non-irritating moisturizer ( e.g. Olay's basic fragrance-free moisturizer for sensitive skin or moisturizers from Marcelle or Cerave).

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

7 months ago

I was looking for a moisturizer to use underneath my sunscreen during the day for added moisture, so I decided to try this lotion. It's fragrance free and I liked that it had the ingredient Urea (mild keratolytic agent and strong moisturizer), which works well for my skin. I also liked the texture, it's a smooth-slightly thick lotion that absorbs into the skin pretty nicely. Not greasy/tacky. It applies well under sunscreen. However it was drying out my skin so bad by the middle of the day. It seems like I have bad luck with Hyaluronic Acid which is an ingredient that usually makes my skin feel dry/tight. Even if I apply it on slightly damp skin and lock it in with a heavier moisturizer at night, it was still drying out my skin. This could work for people with oily to very oily skin or combination skin that leans more towards oily and that their skin do well with Hyaluronic Acid. Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Homarine HCI, Sodium PCA, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Erythritol

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0

10 months ago

Not good for sensitive skin,

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

a year ago

Might not be moisturizing enough for someone with very dry skin, but it gives me the right amount of moisture on my combination/dry skin. Prior to applying this lotion, I spray some of my beloved Yonka toner and while my skin is still damp from the toner, I then use 2 pumps of this cetaphil lotion so it locks in all the moisture. I would repurchase.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

a year ago

A very important part of my skincare routine. This product contains urea which mildly exfoliates skin while providing hydration. It's a great substitute for people who have salicylate sensitivity and can't use salicylic acid or find alpha hydroxy acid to bee too harsh. It has a very light consistency and spreads decently on the face. After application, skin feels soft and light for hours. This product isn't for people with dry skin. This is an excellent product to maintain healthy skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Update 1.7.2019/1.15.2019--- I've been happily using this since end of Oct 2018 with no issues (and it mixes amazing with foundations) but as of late, I had been starting to break out in cystic acne (painful, infectious) and my skin was becoming SO DRY out of the blue. I at FIRST - thought it was this lotion ..... BUT was able to rule out that it was NOT this amazing lotion. (so super yay!) However, since I did some research because of the odd skin issues, I found that almost all of the ingredients in this may be plant derived/coconut derivatives ( example: DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, Capryl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG – 100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol...) not necessarily highly comedogenic, but some of them state "not safe for fungal acne" on CostDNA which may bother some super sensitive folks. Luckily for me - this was absolutely NOT the culprit and I'm gladly back to using it. (If you are curious, the culprit of the horrible breakout/drying skin was Garnier SkinActive micellar cleansing water in the pink bottle. NEVER AGAIN!) ----------------- This is a total first impressions, since Ive only used it two days. What a great serum/light moisturizer! I have pretty reactive skin, anything too scented, too heavy - usually breaks me out. My previous HG moisturizer (Olay sensitive beauty fluid/lotion without SPF) recently changed their ingredients to be more comeodogenic -- so Ive been looking for a new light sensitive moisturizer this entire year. If this formula doesnt break me out, I'll be very happy with this as my new daily moisturizer. Its very runny, light, and absorbs quickly on the skin. No scent, its not sticky and i even compared it to the Simple rich moisturizer i have been trying as a replacement for my Olay but this stuff is wayyyy better. Not near as thick or sticky. No heavy 'cones and some great ingredients. Its so runny and light, which is what ive been looking for. It absorbs immediately over my BP lotion on my face and doesnt feel greasy or heavy or itchy hours later. Im excited to wear this under my foundation, too. Its a plus that its $12 at any big chain store, has a pump (that locks!) and Im excited to continue to try this daily. This is the first Cetaphil product ive been able to use on my face for 10 years, mostly because their lotions and cleanser have been a bit greasy/heavy on my skin in the past, so this was a very happy surprise and im glad to have found this. If you are looking for a light moisturizer, definitely try this.

About reviewer (435 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I am at the end of my first bottle of this. I adore this product. I am almost sixty, and my face is still oily, but I use Differin daily, and I need some moisture. My neck is kind of dry, but very sensitive. I think it became sensitive from a sunscreen I used on my neck back in about 2005. My neck has never recovered from that assault and has been sensitive and difficult to deal with since. So, I have been dealing with a non-sensitive, oily face, and a sensitive, dry neck. I wanted to get one product to use on both, but I didn't have much hope that I would find one. I saw this on the Walmart website and I decided to try it. I used it on my face a few days, then I held my breath and tried it on my neck. No irritation on my neck, and it gave me some nice, non-greasy moisture for both face and neck. It has also helped smooth out my neck, which has developed some uneven texture in the past few years. I think the urea in this product is helping with that. I like the packaging. It's a basic plastic pump bottle with a top which turns to open or close. I love the light lotion-y feel and the lack of fragrance. I will be repurchasing soon. I already have added it to my Walmart cart.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

a year ago

I purchased this lotion a week ago to add some extra hydration to my routine. I started using Retin A a month ago and my skin has been very, very dry. This lotion is very lightweight and has a runny consistency. It definitely adds moisture to your skin, however for those with dry skin this might not be enough on its own. It is also very basic and doesn't contain enough good ingredients your skin needs. It is more like a serum, which is how I am using it. This acts as a good, inexpensive hyaluronic acid serum that goes under my other products. I love that it is super gentle on my sensitive, irritated, dry skin and has no fragrance. It has not caused any breakouts so far and is labelled as non-comedogenic. It has upped my hydration game for sure and the dryness I have been experiencing from the Retin A has been improving since I started incorporating this into my routine. I will continue to use this and will likely repurchase since it's a much better deal to use as an HA serum as opposed to pricier ones on the market.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium