Milk Makeup Blur + Set Matte Loose Setting Powder

Milk Makeup Blur + Set Matte Loose Setting Powder

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I can't use talc in powders because it makes me itchy and I want to scratch off my face. And I have oily/combo skin so I always get excited to try talc free mattifying powders. I have this in the lightest shade. This has no coverage as its a setting powder. The finish is not smoothing or blurring. It's semi matte. Overall I prefer the look of my foundation before I apply this powder, I don't feel this powder improves the appearance of my foundation when first applied. Then it doesn't control my oil. I look ok for a couple hours. By hour 5 I'm an oil slick. And the worst part, itchy! I finally ended up taking a tissue and rubbing into the itchy and oily sections of my face to rub it off.
The packaging is soooo close to being amazing. It has a really nice lid that keeps it from going everywhere. But you can't get the powder out. I ended up closing the lid and shaking it upside down then opening it so powder coated the screen and I could pick it up with a brush. When I tried putting the sponge it comes with over the top and shaking it, I didn't get any more powder then I had. It's kind of a powder trap.
I will say you get a ton of product for the price. Just because of that I'm sad it didn't work for me. Currently I will stick to my Neutrogena matte powder and RMS unpowder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The main reason I rated this a 3 is because of the packaging. I can see how the intention behind the packaging was design was to make it more travel friendly and clean, but there are a few flaws that make me not want to reach for it regularly. The snap lid under the screw top lid definitely snaps shut securely, but it's also very difficult to open. I have to spend more time than I'd like just trying to open the lid, and I would rather just deal with a screw top lid.

The powder it self has a gorgeous finish. It is definitely lightweight and matte without looking flat. I feel like this would never look cakey or feel heavy. However, it does not last on my oily skin in the summer. My oil breaks through in 4-5 hours, and by the 6th hour, I look straight up oily...not a pretty look. I have other powders that can keep me matte through a whole work day so I'll be reaching for those more. I will try this again in the winter when I don't get as oily.

*I received this product for free from Influenster to review.