Huda Beauty Easy Bake Loose Powder

Huda Beauty Easy Bake Loose Powder

on 10/21/2018 7:56:00 PM

I tested so many, Hourglass, Charlotte T, La Mer, Chanel....I think this out performs them all.

It's so perfect. I seriously don't think I will find better.

I am mature, combo skin, like med coverage foundation. It sits on my skin so effortlessly.

Pound Cake or Sugar Cookie.

Love.

on 10/18/2018 9:53:00 PM

For ref I`m NC35-37. I requested the sales person at Sephora to try Sugar Cookie and Pound Cake on me. I instantly fell in love with Sugar Cookie!! She paired it with Butter Pecan Faux Filter!! And omg ... my face smelt like a sweet bakery!! The scent stayed on my face for a good 30 minutes. And despite being scented I did not suffer any allergies or reactions.

Ok back to the product. While it says baking, it worked like translucent powder on me. I used it in place of my MUFE HD ultra finish powder and HB Sugar Cookie worked like a dream. I attended an evening event and I can say it photos really well for selfies. I love the packaging which is sturdy and holds all the product in. The huge netting inside makes it easy to use, so you just swirl the brush in and tap off excess before use. The product comes full to the brim and I lost some powder while dusting! :(
Yes, it is expensive but considering this baby is going to lasts me at least a good 6 months- 1 year & I`m not complaining. It does contain some micro teeny -tiny glitters but overall the powder shows up matte on my skin. It gives full coverage and doesn't feel oily. I don't feel it clogs any pores for me. Will def re-purchase if I ran out and highly recommend.

I love the creative names Huda came up with for the baking line and sugar sweet scent of the product. I say "must buy"!

on 10/9/2018 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure why people are having a hard time with this powder, I personally love it. I have NC25 skin and I use Pound Cake for under my eyes and setting my T-zone. This powder is SUPER finely-milled and brightens most of the area it touches, which helps tremendously for contouring and hiding eye bags. I love pressing it into the skin with a damp beauty blender, it makes my skin/concealer/foundation look super smooth and airbrushed. I've also noticed that applying it with a damp beauty blender keeps that area of my face much more matte throughout the day (since I have oily skin).

on 9/30/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have mixed feelings about this..
I have TRUE olive skin, as dark as a mac NC43 but with a different undertone obviously. I was looking for a golden powder, (not banana, that’s too light) and I ran into this.
I ended up picking the shade Kunafa which they recommend people with a dark to deep complexions pick up, and even tan. I would say I’m like a medium-tan and this shade is not too dark, it brightens under my eyes well.
So this powder oxidizes when my beauty blender was too damp/wet and it ruined my makeup lol. It became an orange brown shade an I mean it’s a pretty color it’s just not what i paid for. Use this with a brush or a SLIGHTLY damp sponge. The shade that was created is darker than my foundation. Needles to say I put it right under my eyes..

The formula is very smooth, makes my skin super soft, but it makes my undereye area a little too dry for my taste (and I prep with an eye cream, followed by a hydrating undereye concealer). It creates more lines than what I have and my regular powder doesn’t do it.

It doesn’t control oil AT ALL, I feel like an oily mess after 3 hours (primer is matte and it’s usually perfect for me, foundation is a natural matte and usually controls enough oil)
Luckily it doesn’t give me any flashback, it looks good in photos, but I really can’t use it! The undereye lines it gives me and the no oil control.. I own better powders that control oil without giving me lines I don’t usually have lol
I will not buy again, but I will get my money’a worth becaus this is pricey. I will mix this in with my powders, I bet this could do something.

I truly have mixed feelings about the new HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder. The first thing you will notice when you open up the jar is the high amount of fragrance included in this powder, this includes five fragrance ingredients out of 15 ingredients total. The scent dissipates over the first hour or two of wear and it is a unique scent. The Easy Bake Loose Baking and Setting Powder does work best for use during "baking" the makeup around the under-eye area but can make my already dry eye area even more dry, I suspect those with normal or oily skin won't have the same issue. This does just an okay job all over the rest of the face but seemed to wash off parts of my foundation and make skin look drier.
My video review can be seen here