Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER. The coverage is insane (think Marc Jacobs remarcable concentrate), yet it can continue to be blended out for a more natural finish. I honestly haven't touched my foundation more than a few times since buying this concealer because I just don't need to, and it honestly has saved at least a couple minutes every morning.

For reference I'm about NC20, pale and yellow. I bought this concealer first in Almond, then in Snow. Almond is between NC20 and NC25 and I really like it for my face, but I needed something lighter for under my eyes so I also got Snow, which I would put between NC15-NC20. This formula covers better than Tarte Shape Tape (which I also have in Light Sand) with less product, so I'm left with a more skin-like finish that looks incredibly natural. I wear this over Urban Decay's Optical Illusion primer and the color lasts all day. If I don't touch up with tissues around lunch I do get shiny, but I don't find this to be problematic because I like how natural it still looks even if I don't blot. I need full coverage anyhow due to acne scarring/uneven tone and large pores and this concealer does everything I want and nothing I don't need (settling into pores, lines, etc). It does transfer a little bit but I haven't ever worn a foundation that doesn't. And honestly, I've worn plenty of foundations that still transferred and didn't even look natural or cover as well, so this one is still a winner. AND it's cruelty free!!

Ummm... Tarte Shape Tape who?? I think a new cult favorite concealer is about to make its way.

This stuff is AMAZING. If you're like me and you find that a lot of concealers are too drying for the undereyes, this one is your guy! I've tried plenty of the cult favorite concealers including NARS Radiant Creamy, NARS Soft Matte, MAC ProLong Wear, Bobbi Brown Corrector, Tarte Shape Tape, Too Faced Born This Way (the OG one), Maybelline Fit Me, NYX HD, and I'm sure I'm missing out on a few others. Out of the ones I just listed, The NARS RCC and MAC PLW were my favorite. However, they would tend to look crepe-y under my eyes after a long day. Granted, I've only worn this twice but I can say that still looks flawless at the end of the day. I'm very impressed!

This new version is miles better than the OG one. I don't tend to go for a "full beat" look on a daily basis (semi-beat, maybe?), and I even thought the OG BTS concealer was just hard to work with because of how sheer it was. I always ended up with streaks or patchy spots because of how sheer that coverage was. Also, I found that it was prone to emphasize some dry patches that I didn't think I had with its really thin texture. So, I'm really glad that Too Faced came up with a bigger and better version of the concealer.because I do enjoy the corresponding foundation. I find that this newer one is good for both the undereyes and blemishes, whereas the older one is passable as an undereye concealer if you don't have much to cover and just unsuitable for any blemishes. Since the coverage is really high for this newer version, I literally just use 2-3 dots under my eyes and that's enough to blend down into a triangle. I also find that I don't need a whole lot for blemishes either, but I do always wear concealer on top of foundation.

Another thing that's blowing my mind is that this concealer is SUCH a good value. Tarte Shape Tape is a hefty amount of product at 10 mL for $27. In comparison, this new Too Faced one is 15 mL for $29. Sure, yes, it's expensive, but it is a much better value than a lot of higher end concealers that I can think of, especially given that it's basically half a foundation bottle.

For reference, I wear Golden Beige (NC30ish) in the foundation and the concealer in the same shade matches well. I chose the color Vanilla as my undereye concealer. I couldn't guess what MAC shade that might be, but I do know it's a tad darker than NARS RCC Vanilla and more peach as opposed to pink.

Run out and try this concealer guys!!!

on 9/1/2018 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Seriously confused why this has all good reviews on here? although the concealer is promising, i was so excited to receive this the minute it launched! the shade range is TERRIBLE i has the shade golden beige which was waaaaay to golden, i tried the shade light beige which oxidizes, i tried vanilla which is straight yellow, i tried almond which is also a very pale YELLOW, it doesn’t look realistic and makes you look like you’re visibly wearing makeup because of the coloring, it’s so tacky it never dries down? it reminds me of bye bye under eye by it cosmetics, it’s so wet and even when i set it with powder it just always has that sitting on top of your skin, extra layer look.. i wanted to love this because the packing is amazing, the amount of product you get is amazing and the idea of the concealer is amazing i’m so sad i don’t like this.. maybe if they came out with a matte version and different colors that don’t turn orange or yellow. I am olive skin toned so i’m pretty tan and warm so the fact they even look yellow on me is concerning for somebody who actually has pale or pink toned skin, it just won’t work out at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have shape tape, effercernes, maquicomplete, Mac Pro longwear concealer, It concealer, Cle de Peau concealer, Osmosis, BE serum concealer, Nars radiant, and probably more. These are just in my current use pile. If there is a new concealer I will try it because I have very bad undereye circles. I also have some pigmentation marks that I conceal so the concealer must be multi-purpose. Also If it's crease free I will do cartwheels. This concealer does what others have failed to do. Cover, conceal, highlight and do it without creasing!

I had a little trouble with the colors offered. I'm NC 20 so I tried light beige, medium beige, vanilla and some other light colors. I thought light beige was wrong but it turned out to be the one because the colors oxidize a little. Darker colors were too dark and vanilla and lower were white on me.

Amount in the tube is awesome and like a foundation so I can use this on all spots without worrying about the amount. And it is available at many stores. I've been using this for 3 weeks so I think I have used it long enough to have an opinion.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Anyone else think Too Faced has been meh the past few years or so? Especially lacking in the complexion department with their garbage Born This Way foundation and mediocre Peach foundation. I saw good reviews for this concealer when I was in the market for a new one after Tarte Shape Tape ran out which to be quite honest, was good but not amazing for me to repurchase.

I was able to find my shade easily and can even get away with a few of them (although I wish it was more neutral like Shape Tape offers but I can make it work). I ended up with nude because I wanted it to be light enough to brighten but not too light that I can’t wear it on its own.

Packaging - the wand is HUGE so if you’re one of those people who applies the triangles under your eyes after your foundation, you might want to go easy or you’ll be blending this down your cheeks. I prefer to wear this under foundation.

Speaking of blendability - so easy to work with and spreads like a dream but might take a little bit more time with a brush. I find the best application technique is a combination of patting and lightly swiping. This concealer is meant to be blended, not pressed into the skin. The consistency a lot thinner and less drying than Tarte ST.

Coverage - gorgeous, natural luminous finish. For something so natural, it sure packs a punch as this is the highest coverage, non-caking concealer I’ve ever used. Heck, it even covered my huge sun spot which no other concealer or even FOUNDATION has ever done in the 8 year history of me wearing makeup. Toss the Shape Tape, toss the Prolongwear, toss the KVD, and GET THIS.

I’m planning to get the next shade up so I can use it all over the face on days I don’t feel like wearing foundation. If after you try this and you feel like doing the same, just a warning it won’t last all day as an all over coverage but as a concealer YASSSSS.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Will be returning to Sephora, unfortunately thought this would live up to the hype so purchased online vs trying in store.

Value for a concealer is amazing, was really hoping this would take the place of my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer however several things about this just doesn't work. I would be more likely to suggest this as a highlighting/contouring product if the undertones match you.

1. Packaging is very poor compared to any concealer I've used - too much product comes out on the want and it has a funnel-like opening that collects lots of product on the outside of it rather than wiping the applicator off as you pull it out of the container. Messy, kinda gross for high end make-up and wastes product

2. All of the light shades are quite clearly yellow toned, does not work for neutral skin, oxidizes slightly as well

3. ...it just doesn't really conceal at all lol. I found when using it on spots I would end up going over them again with my Amazing Cosmetics or NARS concealer. More foundation-y for highlighting/contouring than concealing. I like a lighter foundation but when I conceal a spot I don't want that area seeing the light of day til I take my makeup off.

bought this because of the hype and its generous amount in the tube.
im in between shades for this, story of my life, however it does oxidize on me so i go a shade lighter and then im fine. i think im gold beige in this line, as my usual natural beige is too dark.

today is my first time wearing it and it has lasted.
i dont do the instagram concealer thing, just a few dots here and there and im covered.

the size &price of this is soo good. 15 ml (.5 fl.oz) for $29 USD.

i dont need to powder this on my combo-slightly oily summertime skin

on 10/22/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i am very surprised that this has taken the place of Tarte Shape Tape as my go to under eye concealer. I have been using Shape Tape for several years. I have trouble sleeping and so suffer with dark under eye circles that resist coverage. I love the Tarte but there is no doubt that it is more drying on my delicate under eye area than the Too Faced. This concealer is not quite as thick as the Shape Tape but looks more natural and I am willing to take the trade. I still use Shape Tape for my lids but am definitely a convert. Give it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommend this product and I'm so happy I purchased it! The BEST concealer I have ever used. It's not thick, doesn't settle, and covers well! I think for the price and the amount of product you get, it's absolutely worth it! The bottle is huge! I love the applicator. I mostly use this for under my eyes and a little goes a LOOOONG way. I'm around NC 25-30 and I bought light beige to lighten up my under eyes area.

I made sure to stock up during the 20% off at Sephora :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love it. I hate shape tape. I bought this in Swan and use it as foundation as well. It covers everything, doesn't sweat off and doesn't crease (I do set my under-eye area). Now, I've only been using this for about two weeks because prior to this I was using the Seam concealer which is a Korean brand. It has spf in it. I love that one too, but the tube is so small compared to this.