OPI Frenchie Likes To Kiss?

OPI Frenchie Likes To Kiss?

3.3

on 8/5/2018 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This pale lavender with an opalescent sheen looks so lovely in the bottle, so I tried it for a salon pedi. Alas, a streaky mess. (With one coat, 2 coats is a bit better, but still not great). I covered the 2 coats with 1 thin coat of "Care to Danse" circa 2012 - a sheer lavender/white. That did the trick.

I wanted to love it but the formula is a fail for me.
Nice new logo design, though. Go OPI.

on 7/20/2018 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

In my opinion the 2018 OPI Grease collection is an epic fail. I've tried many, the colors are interesting but it doesn't make up for the awful formulas of the polishes. I don't know why OPI feels the need to mess (being polite!) around with their product.
The latest one I've tried is Frenchie Likes to Kiss, a pale lavender with microglitter.
The application of this polish was so difficult. It's a thick, yet runny, consistency. The 1st coat was incredibly streaky, the second coat covered so-so, but it needed a third coat to look at all decent. It doesn't self level as most good polishes do, so be very careful with your application. A top coat of Seche Vite helped this along.
I don't like doing 3rd coats, but these newest OPI's make it necessary. I won't be buying any new OPI's without reading reviews first. I'd rather go back to my older, tried and true!

on 4/26/2018 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Frenchie Likes To Kiss? is from OPI Grease 2018 Summer Collection. There are altogether 12 different polishes in this collection plus three leather like lacquer. I choose to wear this one first because the color attracts me. It is a pale lavender creme with micro purple glitter and a purple "sheen" in this polish. Thus it makes the creme finish comes alive. Indoor lighting, it is hard to tell whether it is lavender or pink. However, in natural sunlight, it is definitely pale lavender. And under certain lighting, you can definitely see the purple sheen and micro glitter.

The application on the contrary is not very easy. I think the formula is a bit thick. The first coat is a bit uneven. However, with a good technique, it can be completely opaque in two coats. I still find that it is not an easy polish to apply due to its formula leans a bit thick. I guess the trade off for this color is either have an opaque cover or can be a bit streaky. Really depends on the technique when applying. My suggestion is wait until the 1st coat is completely dry before applying the 2nd one. Also, applying a thin coat would be better than thick coat to achieve a better finish.

I personally think this color is more of a spring than summer color. May be because it is pale lavender. It reminds me of a lighter version of OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, which is from the OPI Hong Kong Collection in 2010. The formula is similar. Just the shade is a lot paler. Frenchie Likes To Kiss? is a color I find suitable to wear to work or on the weekend. I think it looks better on nails than on toes because it stands out more on my nails. I also find this color is suitable to be a bridal nail color choice too.

I probably would buy this one again due to its pretty pale lavender color with the purple sheen that makes the creme finish comes alive.

Popular Polishes