Maybelline New York Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter - Molten Rose Gold

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful shade, great price! One of the best drugstore highlighters I own. Make sure you set well though with spray before and after applying otherwise I've found it can fade to nothing throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

fantastic, same as the color molten gold, this color is more like an every day highliter

on 7/22/2018 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty shade and the formula goes on smoothly. With all the drugstore sales on Maybelline products, it's fairly easy to get the price on this even lower. If this was the only brand of highlighter available in the drugstore, I'd likely repurchase this again; however, I have a Milani Strobelight in a different shade and comparing the 2, I have to say I think I prefer the Milani formula more than Maybelline. Now when I purchased the Milani Strobelight, there was no shade similar to Molten Rose Gold at the drugstore; however, I see on the Milani website that they sell a shade called "Moon Glow" which looks more like a rose gold tone. Again, nothing wrong with the Maybelline Master Chrome other than I feel even one light layer of this packs a lot of shimmer - maybe a little too much for a daytime look. If you prefer your highlighter to be a tad more subtle during the day, you may prefer the Milani formulation over the Maybelline.

on 6/6/2018 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got the colors molten gold, molten rose gold, and the white pan one which gives me Lumi finish. I like to layer these with the molten gold, it just looks really nice on my skin tone. You can put it on top of your foundation and have a soft powder highlight or have it flashing bright with putting setting spray on first then applying the highlight.

on 5/30/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

One of the best drugstore highlighters! Beautiful rose gold color that’s not chunky or glittery. I have this one and the gold. Just as good as the high end highlighters at a fraction of the price. The only thing I don’t like is the packaging. It hard to open.

I got this in white/the lightest one. Not sure why there are choices to review every color but the light one.
This is not holographic at all. It just has a lot of big chunks of mica in it and the very smallest tinge of purple hue, but not even almost holographic, I don't like when companies make false claims.
The mica is so big that it's almost glitter or looks like glitter, not shimmer. I feel the need to repeat myself that it's not holographic. It is very shiny and glittery though, very shimmery, but more in a glitter way than shimmer. It makes a nice eyeshadow though. And makes a nice body shimmer. But it's kind of more appropriate for Coachella or going to a club because of all the glitter. I still want to find an actually holograhic drugstore highlight, which so far I can't find.
The rose gold is very dark and a strange color, and the goldish/darkest one is super orange, in my opinion I can't even consider that being gold.

on 4/17/2018 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have accumulated a lot of highlighters and this one is my HG and gets the most use. I usually just put it on my fan brush and apply but I bought the Fix Plus and have used it with that and wow! It's really pretty and not glittery.

on 4/17/2018 9:41:00 AM

Beautiful highlighter, especially at the price point. I don't get too excited about highlighters in general (prob because I have oily skin) but I do have...a few. Lol. What I like about this one is the shade: it's a bright, clean, crisp, neutral rose gold. It is not copper. The pan is huge. It could be a touch creamier & melt into the skin better, but overall it's comparable to most high end powder highlighters I've tried.

It's definitely neutral to my eye, but I have cool-ish olive skin and there is a certain contrast (borderline clash) in tone when I wear this. It works gloriously when I coordinate the rest of my makeup accordingly, but just a heads up for those with similar skin tones. Those with fair peachy skin -- RUN & GET THIS.

It might just be my experience, but this was sort of hard to nab. My Ulta and Walmart didn't have it, but I found it at Target eventually.

on 3/9/2018 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Oh, my. This is beautiful. Looks like I'm glowing on my medium toned face. I don't look oily. It is not blinding, considering that it is marked metallic but it is not. I use a fan brush to apply lightly over my cheap bb cream ( a can't get anymore NYC bb cream) and use my finger to highlight under my brows. I am loving this and have been ignoring all my other highlighters I have bought looking for the one highlighter that's me. Just the right pinky goldish shade that does not turn orange. And it is reasonably priced!

on 3/2/2018 1:50:00 PM

As a pale woman, this is VERY flattering on my skin tone. And it is so readily available and cheap! I am inclined to try more from this range.