2.6

Shop Now

Reviews

from

10 days ago

I used a sample of this moisturizer for the last 10 days. It comes in a jar and has a gel like texture. There are some beneficial ingredients that have emollient and humectant properties and it felt hydrating and soothing to the skin. It even works well with other products that I use. What makes me very skeptical of this product is that it promises to last for 72 hours, even through cleansing or mask application. Sorry, I don't believe that. Another knock against it is that it doesn't come in a pump or tube, which would be better imo.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

24 days ago

It's just all right. It's moisturizing but only if you don't have dry skin. I have combination skin, so I have dry, more oily as well as normal areas on my face and even though it does an ok job in general, it doesn't moisturize the dry areas enough. I also don't like the gel like consistency because it reminds me of snail mucus. I prefer the Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator as it's more moisturizing for the dryer areas on my face.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

2 months ago

Overall this moisturizer misses the mark on a lot of different features.First I will write about what I do like about this product. It has a nice texture and melts into my skin. There is no fragrance (which is important to me). Unfortunately there are lots of reasons I do not like this product. For example, it is in a jar, which is unsanitary and allows the ingredients to degrade easier over time. Although not a big deal, the claim that it is 72 hour auto-replenishing is marketing that is meaningless. This does not hydrate for 72 hours, I have to apply every day to feel like my skin is not dry. This isn't a big deal as I said, but misleading. It is worth considering, but see if you can try a sample at the Clinique counter.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3 months ago

I really liked the hydrating effect of Clinique"s Moisture Surge Supercharged Concentrate during the summer, but as it hasn't been hydrating enough during the winter season on its own, I stopped by at the Clinique counter to see which moisturizer they would suggest layering on top of it. I was told the '72 Hour Auto Replenishing Hydrator' would be the right product as it's formulated specially to work in affinity with the concentrate. Now due to my previous bad experiences with 'Dimethicone' (namely in Clinique's DDMG) I decided to go with a sample, rather than fork out on the retail size jar of the Hydrator, as it's the 2nd ingredient in here. Glad I did, as my face became itchy and bumpy within a few days of using it. I don't believe it was the Dimethicone on its own to blame, as it usually takes several weeks for it to build up in my skin, but more likely: Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer which I've noticed has caused issues for me in other products before. As soon as I stopped using it, the itchiness and bumps disappeared within 24 hours. In terms of hydration I didn't notice a vast difference compared to using the Concentrate on its own. Upon closer inspection of the packaging I can see why: the good stuff (Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe etc) are much further down the list and therefore lower in concentration/quantity. I can only imagine this working well for non-dehydrated skin types. Have since discovered much better moisturizers by Clinique which I will review separately.   Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 months ago

I bought a small pot of this moisturizer for travel and liked it so much that I bought a larger one for every day use but it seems they either changed the formula or it just began to have no impact on my skin except to dry it out and occasionally make me break out slightly. I’ve barely used the larger container of it but I’m thinking of just dumping it since it’s pretty useless for my dry skin.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

from

7 months ago

Unfortunately the caffeine in this caused my skin to react and ultimately breakout after 3 days of use. Really wanted to love this as the texture was beautiful. Didn’t work out for me though.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

8 months ago

You people have no clue this is one of the best cream I have ever tried!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

10 months ago

I really liked - correction, loved - the original Moisture Surge. It was creamy gel-like texture/consistency that I could easily massage or smooth over my skin, and left my skin feeling very nice, soft, smooth, and evenly moisturized. I have normal to oily skin. In the beginning, I would get samples of this 72-hour version, which I liked. I found that it was nice, not worse or better than the original, but just different. But I still preferred the original. As everyone has been raving about this version, on impulse, I bought the big value pack during Nordstrom's anniversary sale and didn't bother testing it before deciding to keep it. I regret it. I find that this version does not go on as smoothly as the original, and has a sticky and wet consistency. It takes me quite a bit of effort to massage into my skin - unlike the original.The after-feel is grimy. I cannot wait to use this product up. Unless Clinique comes back with the original version, I am going to be on the look-out for another brand for summer moisturizer. (Clinique social media suggests using it on knees and elbows as well. It does work well on these areas of mine.)

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

This product, and packaging, is wonderful I am surprised how moisturising it is, despite the fact it is not thick or dense at all. I would prefer it too be slightly thicker, like the moisturising night mask in the same collection. It soaks into your skin very quickly and it moisturises very well. After using, my skin feels soft, fresh and cool. Fine for sensitive and combination skin with oily patches in my opinion. Unlike some other moisturisers I have tested recently, I have never felt after using this that it is too moisturising or has caused pimples or enlarged pores after using.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

a year ago

I will admit this product has given me a glow after use, but I feel like my skin needs more. I will admit that my skin was way worse before I introduce this product into my regime.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium