CLINIQUE Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

2.6

Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 4/20/2019 8:26:00 PM

I was looking for a moisturizer that would keep my dehydrated skin dewy and fresh during the day. This one was recommended to me in Sephora as the best selling. I like the packaging, it looks expensive and sleek. The moisturizer itself was a disappointment. It didn't leave a sticky white film on the skin that some people complain about, It was just not moisturizing enough. I tried to build it up but with no luck. It may work for someone with oily skin but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone with normal to dry skin type.

on 4/5/2019 5:50:00 PM

I have slightly oily skin, and this is perfect for me. I've been through at least 4 now. Looks great under makeup, hydrates just enough, feels nice and fresh. I was really surprised by all the negative comments, because this is my HG. I guess it's good for my kind of skin.

on 4/4/2019 5:48:00 AM

I bought this after a longhaul flight when my skin was parched. I then read the reviews here and thought that I was not going to like the product. I decided I'd give it a few days trial anyway, and I'm now 2 weeks in (and another return long haul flight home) of using it day and night and it really works for my skin. It soothes my skin which is prone to Rosacea, smooths the texture and leaves my 40+ yrs skin looking dewy. Make up goes on nicely over it, however if I use too much Clinique my make up will ball a little.

I met with friends yesterday who commented that I was looking great, so I'm hoping this will continue to work well for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the original Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst. This is the new formula and I am so disappointed. This is not a replacement, but a change. This is not as hydrating as the original formula, but it is also sticky. This does not penetrate into my skin like the original formula. This sits on the surface of the skin and my foundation does not look good. I tried this formula for a few days morning and evening hoping that I would love this, but I do not.

on 3/24/2019 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is an interesting product. For me, it would never replace a normal moisturiser. However, I have had quite a bit of success with layering it under my usual moisturiser, in times of environmental stress or air travel. I have done a few long haul flights in the last year, and I slapped this on generously under a heavy duty moisturiser, and it REALLY helped with dehydration on the plane. I have also found it good when travelling to very cold environments - I live in sub tropics, so my skin is used to warm and moist conditions. I liked to use this in the cold as an extra barrier. I would not use it alone, but it's a great extra. I also agree it doesn't last 72 hours....

Despite many people not liking it, i went ahead to get myself the small bottle of this. I'm pleasantly surprise by this product because it does not irritate my skin & does moisturize my skin better than some on par brands.
I actually have 1-2 dry patches but after using this for a few days, the dry patches were gone.
The 72 hours tagline is quite untrue though.. it feels like just last only a day or so. I quite dislike the packaging because i have long extensions & it's so hard for me to dig the product out ugrh, note to girls w extensions haha.
Price is ok for the amount of product, I might repurchase this if i ran out of decent moisturizer to try.

on 2/24/2019 10:24:00 PM

I have been trusting the reviews here for years, as they are the most honest. This is my first review. I received a sample of this in my Sephora Play Box. I have used this line in the past but it’s been a few years. I woke up this morning with painful bumps on my chin (it feels dry and bumpy at the same time but it’s not zits or typical acne??). My entire face is covered in red pimples as well. Please do not use this - my face tolerates everything - Retin A, 12% glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc. with no issues.
Save your money and your skin. I feel like I have a weird chemical/sunburn.

on 2/18/2019 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just threw out what remained of my jar because I put this on (wore no makeup) before I left for a crack-of-dawn doctor's appointment and my doctor asked me what I was doing for my rosacea!? I don't have rosacea- this "moisturizer" had made my skin red and slightly rough. I looked in the mirror in her exam room and was shocked- I looked like I had a sunburn.

This product gave me bad cystic acne on my acne prone skin. It works well under makeup (i use city block spf40) but left me feeling dry as the day wore along. Jar packaging is also unsanitary and leads to a loss of antioxidants. Would not recommend for acne prone skin.

on 2/4/2019 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Went with the hype. This product doesn't absorb, or at least leaves some film and residue on the face that if you rub your skin or try to apply foundation it BALLS UP. I'd recommend their yellow fluid, but since that one consists of high amount of mieral oil which 1-dollar store brands use in body lotions, forget them both...