CLINIQUE Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

2.6

Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 12/12/2018 4:06:00 PM

I have dry skin and use this product on a daily basis. It doesn't last the 72 hours like it says but it does leave a very hydrating texture on my skin. I use a round face brush to dip and apply it instead of scooping and using my hands. I find when I use that method the product lasts a lot longer, especially since I have to use it on a daily basis

First of all, I didn't like Moisture Surge at all...for my face. I thought it was sticky and gross, so I put the unused jars or tubes of M/S from GWPs in the guest bathroom or travel bag. However, the skin from my neck to décolletage started to get rough and itchy, especially around the collar bone. I started to use this because regular moisturizer was too greasy. Wow! It's cleared up the dry, scaly skin and doesn't stick to your clothes. I use it daily on that area--neck-collarbone-chest--after a shower and am just about out of all those sample sizes from the GWPs. This version is apparently the latest and it's great for my purposes. The skin is smooth, plump, and pink once again, doesn't show aging. I'm buying a regular size for winter. Maybe Clinique should consider a Moisture Surge body lotion.

on 11/23/2018 10:40:00 PM

Wow really surprised by the negative reviews! I have highly reactive, acne prone combo skin and I absolutely love this product! It is deliciously soothing and non irritating. I use it after Cliniques 3 step system. So after the yellow moisturizing gel I apply a layer of moisture surge and my skin is happy!! Also, I don’t notice any difference in the 72 hr formulation versus the extended thirst relief. They are exactly the same to me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I had high expectations on this product but sadly I couldn't like it. For around 60 dollars for 50ml it was mid-market in terms of price, however, this product felt very greasy when applied to my skin even though I don't have very oily skin at all. A few days later I started getting breakouts on my cheeks and forehead! Which I never do! I tried to think what caused them when I realized that I had only recently started using this so I stopped using this and the breakouts cleared up. I do not recommend this to anyone as it smells really unpleasant, it breaks you out and it isn't cheap either! Save your money are buy something far more beneficial to your skin.

on 11/23/2018 2:01:00 PM

Please Clinique bring back the 'old one'! This new version gave me pimpels and the old one never did.

on 9/27/2018 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my first time ever writing a review on here. I bought this just last week. It has been 6 days since I have started using it. The girl at Ulta told me I would not regret buying this. I regret buying this 100%. 72 hour? are you serious. this stuff does not moisturize for more than 3 hours. my face feels so dry and tight. I feel so uncomfortable. I have been using it with Mario Badescu Rosewater and that has been the only thing helping me until I am able to return this. I have combination skin and even the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion works better than this :(. I am on the hunt for a new moisturizer, but this is absolutely not the one. yuck. Don't waster your money.

on 8/29/2018 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Not sure why they reformulated as I notice no difference between this and the original one. Nevertheless, it is one of the best moisturizers out there for oily skinned people.

72 Hour moisturizer? Ha! This doesn't moisturize for 7 minutes! Beware of products that are "new & improved", they may be new but improved hell no. Why would Clinique take one of their #1 sellers & destroy it, they've taken all the moisturizing properties out of this new version. I have normal skin, not dry or oily yet this moisturizer dries my skin down to a matte shiny finish that left my face feeling tight & dehydrated. It serves me no purpose so I'm going to throw it away after I chastise Clinique for their major f**k up.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually was a very big fan of the original Moisture Surge Moisturizer. It has always been a big seller for Clinique, so I am not sure why they decided to re-formulate it. Now, the new version has basically the same consistency as the old one and has a very light barely there scent to it, that quickly goes away after you apply it. Do I find it to be even more hydrating than the original version? No. It doesn't keep my skin well hydrated for 72 hours (however, I honestly didn't expect it to-so it was honestly not a huge deal breaker for me anyways) and yes, I do happen to have dry-to-very dry, sensitive, acne prone skin, plus, I suffer with seborrheic dermatitis, which is worst on my face, however I just cannot stand greasy lotions and creams being put on my face. Yes, I go to a dermatologist and I actually am prescribed different topical so for my skin issues of which some can be very drying, however, most moisturizers just sit on top of my face, they end up feeling sticky, and like they never fully absorbed into my skin at all. I have tried many creams and lotions ranging in price from cheap to highend, but they tend to clog my pores the most and aggravate my acne prone skin greatly. Plus, plenty of them do have added parfumerie to them that I just cannot deal with, being on my face, due to just how sensitive my face has become. Which is why, I do prefer to use fragrance and oil free gel based moisturizers, because they have less of a tendency to clog my pores and terribly aggravate my acne prone skin. So, the moisturizers that I have stuck with the most from Clinique is their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which is good for use by itself and under makeup without absolutely any problems. The same can be said about the new Moisture Surge version that's currently out as Well, however, the only difference is that the Dramatically Difference Moisturizing Gel sinks into my skin instantly due to its very light texture, while the new Moisture Surge formula takes only a slightly bit longer, but I have had no problems with greasiness and it causing my makeup to break down very fast either with it underneath. I don't put on a lot of it anyways, because, I don't feel that any moisturizer should be applied heavily to ones skin, no matter what. Our skin's pores need to breathe and even applying lots of moisture to ones face, before putting on lots of makeup is simply overkill for anyone's skin. This new re-formulation, can be used twice a day, if needed, and it can be used in the underwhelming area without any issues as well.

Now, I will say, that I did not care for the Moisture Surge Intense, because of the smell, and I though that it was pore clogging to my face, and did create pimples to occur, and just plain wasn't better than the original Moisture Surge, and don't e ear plan to buy that one ever again. But, yes, I will continue to buy the newly re-vamped Moisture Surge version that's out now, because I can no longer get the original version anymore, and this is is as close to the original version, that Clinique sells anyways, so I do see it as something that I will definitely continue to keep in my skincare regimen for sure.

This product is designed for use on all skin types, so no matter what skin type you have, I highly recommend trying it. No, it is. Ot going to flood ones skin with a super amount of moisturization, but nonetheless, I think that it is a really great moisturizer that you can apply whenever you need it, and it can be applied over ones makeup throughout the day, as well. I do wish that it came with a hygienic spatula for use towards getting it out with, instead of having to use your fingers, however, I can live with it's packaging, nonetheless. I would have rated this product a 5, but the only reason why I didn't is because I was a super huge fan of the original Moisture Surge and saw no real reason for it to re-formulated at all.

on 7/23/2018 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I prefer the extended moisture surge intense. I don’t find this quite moisturizing enough although it does layer nicely under another moisturizer.