70%

price range

Reviews

2.0

a month ago

The shade I got (Rum Punch) is beautiful, but I don't like how heavy it feels on my lips. It's too drying for me no matter how much I hydrate my lips before I put this on. My lips already have a tendency to feel dry and tight easily so this is just not for me. If I need a matte lipstick, I'd rather use NARS' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

3.0
from

4 months ago

Wanting a new matte lipstick the lady at Sephora suggested I try this line. She assured me they were non transferable and long wearing for several hours. We finally decided on Spice, a beautiful shade for everyday wear for me. I agree with other reviews that exfoliating the lips is necessary. Applying the lipstick was smooth but the formula feels dry on. And it does transfer very easily on to my coffee cup Although I like the colour I most likely will not purchase another one. I might add that I am a fan of Anastasia tinted brow gels...they are great!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 months ago

I had the good fortune of getting one of these one sale, so I picked up Stevie, described as an antique (or antiqued, maybe) auburn. That seems to sort of fit, though it's kind of also a plummy shade that leans a bit mauve, too. It reminds me of some of those Revlon ColorStay lipsticks from the 1990s. They had one that had Raisin in the name and this reminds me of that a lot. The feel, too, in a lot of ways. The formula is kind of a typical matte in that it leans toward dry, but it doesn't feel that way on my lips. It has really good pigmentation, too, and it's more vampy if I apply a fuller coat, or if I dab and blot, it's a pretty auburn stain. Staying power is decent. Careful sips from a mug of coffee and it'll hold up pretty good. Eat a sandwich, and it's going to fade. Though so far I haven't experienced any terrible fading that leaves a weird ring around my lips, etc. The formula, while not moisturizing, isn't drying either. I don't really notice any scent either. It's easy to apply, too, in that it kind of has a velvety feel. Overall I like the formula and would definitely consider more from this line.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0
from

6 months ago

The color I bought -- Rogue -- is beautiful. This was recommended by the Sephora consultant as a long-lasting mid-price lipstick but, alas, the staying power is poor and it transfers everywhere.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlack

8 months ago

I have the shade latte and its basically a cool tone version of MAC Whirl. Its a really nice formula that doesn't feel too dry and doesn't settle too much into the fine lines of your lips. The formula is comfortable and looks really good as well. They have quite an amazing shade range from nudes all the way to brights to even the non conventional colours. If you like matte lipstick then this is worth a try.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

9 months ago

I found my holy grail lip colour from this line! I wear it almost everyday! I love how smoothly the lipstick applies and how natural the colour is!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have this lipstick in two shades - Spice (a medium pinky/red brown) and Hollywood (a fresh, flattering, warm coral) and I adore them both. I carry both in my handbag at all times, because both shades are great for everyday looks, and I like variety as the day goes on. First off, the formula is quite matte, but it's very velvety, and while it doesn't hydrate my lips, I don't find that it dries them out either. There is a slight tug upon application as many have mentioned, but it applies evenly and opaquely. Even though there is that stiffness, I don't have any issues with getting a neat lip line. (I do not use a liner with these lipsticks.) The color does not bleed or feather, and both shades wear fairly evenly (though Hollywood does tend to gather in my lip lines after a couple hours of wear). There is some transfer, but these lipsticks do last a good amount of time for a non-liquid formula. The packaging is GORGEOUS and of a very high quality. The bullet retracts all the way down, and the cap fits snugly and securely. It all just feels so luxurious! At $18, it seems like a high price point, but you get around 3.4 grams of product, which is more than say a MAC lipstick. I have paid far more for lipsticks in the past, and I find that while this is a premium brand, the price point skates right between drugstore and high-end. I'm interested in trying other bold shades from this range. There are some deep reds that are calling my name, as well as a few dusty, "antique"-looking shades that I'd love to try out. Also, these are vegan and cruelty-free! So ditch your MAC mattes and go for these instead! Edit 11/29/2018: I picked this up in "Brandy", which is a STUNNING blackened burgundy. It is truly the MVP of the three shades I have. Absolutely gorgeous shade, and the performance is A+.

About reviewer (512 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This review is for the colour Spice. I bought this colour with the purpose to dupe Taupe by MAC. I like the colour of Taupe, but it's not cruelty free. After searching high and low for an alternative I came to this, and so far, I have been *really* pleased with it! Let's start with formula. I was kind of blown away, you guys. It's surprisingly lightweight, like how a soft layer of lip balm would feel (minus the moisturizing qualities of a balm, of course). It's like there's barely anything there (even though it's still completely opaque in one swipe!). However, despite being truly matte, this is ridiculously comfortable. I've been wearing matte lipsticks for years (both bullets and liquid lipsticks) so I've had my share, and this is one of the few that didn't make me grab for a tissue to wipe it off and moisturize after a long day of wearing. It feels like it has been freshly applied all day. It also doesn't get that dry, thick, crusty look that matte lipsticks can have on your lips. The formula is really long wearing, too - naturally, it's not transfer proof (what bullet lipstick truly is?) and I do need some small touch-ups during the day after eating, but it really does stay put, and if it fades, it fades very evenly and elegant. It also doesn't bleed at all: this is one of the few lipsticks I can wear without a lip liner and still looks good at the end of the day. (However, it's not a lipstick that would convert a former matte-lipstick hater. It's still a matte formula, but just a really really good one!) Then onto the colour. Online, this looked like a warm reddish brown with some orange tones. My undertone is a pale olive leaning yellow, and it pulls more mauve/rose on me than on other people. When I wear cool colours it looks warmer, but otherwise, it's a rosy brown with a hint of red (Temptalia's swatch is close to how it looks on me, but it's browner and a lot darker on me since I'm very light). Is it a dupe for MAC's Taupe? I wouldn't necessarily say so. It's definitely *very* close and in the same family, so I don't feel the need to search for a closer dupe as I'm satisfied with this, but Taupe is warmer on me and more brown. If you want an affordable dupe that's closer, Milani's Matte Beauty is very close, but I didn't like the formula on that line. As for the last details, it doesn't have any scent or taste, which I like. I love the packaging: it's a sturdy metal tube with gorgeous rose gold details. It looks very fancy to pull out of your purse and it feels comfortable in your hand. I really would recommend these lipsticks to anyone who's looking for a good line of cruelty-free and vegan matte yet comfortable lipsticks, with high quality. I've been wearing this one every day since I got it. I wish there were more colours in the line that spoke to me! (Don't get me wrong, with 36 colours there's more than enough for everyone, but they mostly run cool toned which tend to look bad on me. If they made a medium burnt orange-brown shade, I would never wear anything else). I paid ~€20 and I definitely think they are worth the money. **EDIT January 2020: I pretty much finished mine!! Not sure if I would repurchase. I still adore the formula, but the shade is a little too rosy for me. I now also own the shade Brandy (a deep brownish red on me) and I adore the formula with this one as well. It's the perfect formula for a vampy lip since it requires so little maintenance, fades nicely and doesn't bleed.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I got this in the Sephora Give Me Some Lip set for $25USD. In it I got a full sized Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick in Ruby along with 5 other mini’s in different colors & forms. My DF got this for me & I normally hate red lipstick so I’m like I’m not even going to use this! Then my friend posted a pic of her wearing red lipstick & I was like well maybe this will work. So I tried it again & fell in love! It’s so like you’re not feeling like you are wearing lipstick. It is light as a feather. It does feel a little dry but not tight and dehydrated. It is $18 so for $25 (the set I got 5 other products for $7! Eep!!) . The thing I hate about red lipstick is that it’s high maintenance. You have to worry about your water bottle, getting it on your teeth, eating etc but this “ticks” all the boxes for me. It stays put! I wouldn’t ordinarily pick red but Ruby is a great true red not blue not orange totally neutral & not in-your-face-bright nor garish. I would buy more of these lipsticks if they weren’t $18. I kno MAC is $18, I feel like this is a better lipstick than <gasp> Ruby Woo. I just seldom get to Sephora & after a screwed up w ordering don’t want to order. So I prob won’t get another 1 of these lipsticks. But I will enjoy this Ruby lipstick. It’s my perf red sexy librarian “look” (I wear glasses). I would highly recommend this lipstick. It does not budge for anything. It doesn’t drag on the lips to apply. I haven’t blunted the tip yet so it’s got precision to apply.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

While I do agree with others that there is a slight pull when applying, I find these to be a very nice, more affordable option for lipstick. I like the color selection and I like that these have no perfume-y taste. I also like that these last quite a while through light drinking and eating, and that these fade very evenly. I always use a lip primer underneath. My video review below has swatches. I do like that these are under $20- I think that is a decent price for a more upscale brand. My more detailed review with swatches is here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5qqzsTX_HR8"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5qqzsTX_HR8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29