L.A. COLORS Truly Matte Foundation

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Truly amazing foundation. All claims on bottle are true. Very high pigment, matte, long lasting. I just use this with a flat old school foundation brush because I can swipe it on. When used with a beauty blender it just breaks the foundation apart. So I use this, then set with LM translucent loose powder and my face looks so matte and so nice! I have normal skin so I can't attest to dryness or oil. But if you have normal skin and want something matte with full coverage this is your foundation. Also I only use about 2 pumps for my full face. For the $6 price tag, you can't beat it.

on 6/18/2018 10:24:00 PM

6-18-18: I have now tried this with my covergirl advanced radiance powder on top and it lasts so much longer...LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.

On a whim, I tried the La Colors Truly Matte Long Wearing High Pigment Foundation. The girl at my home town Dollar General had such beautiful skin, I asked her what she wore and she told me about this foundation. I got it for $4.00!!! There are lots of wonderful reviews out there on this foundation. I was shocked at how good it is. You don't need much, coverage is great and UNLIKE most longer wearing foundations, this didn't dry my skin out or enhance my pores...it covers great BUT LOOKS LIKE SKIN!!! Now I am old so I'm trying to stay away from powder on top and so I was oily throughout the day but it's like 100 degrees out and totally humid....I blotted with a tissue and it looked just fine. I wasn't greasy and it NEVER EVER sat in my lines and DID NOT LOOK CAKEY! I am in shock. Their moisturizing lipsticks are $1.00....yes $1.00 and they are fabulous....WHO KNEW!!
I am in between NC 15 and NC20 right now. I purchased Soft Beige which was a little dark. I then purchased the Natural which would be a good NC 15 alone, but I mix them. I have always stayed away from longer wearing foundations as I don't like how they feel or look....dry....crackiing my skin....making my pores look giant!! But this one doesnt do that...I do moisturize but I LOVE IT!!!
Never have heard of this line before but for $4.00...it's worth a try....The colors in the bottle are a little deceiving....they do dry a tad darker as all longer wearing foundations do but I'm very pleased....

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Very pigmented. A little goes a long way so only use a bit at a time. This foundation seems to be full coverage and although its matte and i have normal to dry skin, it doesnt make my face look dry. I underestimated this foudation i just wish l.a colors will expand the shade range and keep undertones in mind. P.S. this oxidizes so keep that in mind when choosing a color.

on 3/16/2018 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If your are like me, you will like this foundation. Super matte, really good price and not cakey at all. I'm really surprised with this product, it's a must!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have gone through trying so many foundation lines, and I would either never find anything that came even remotely close to matching my skin tone, or either find two shades that I ended up mixing together to help get a good enough shade to match me, or just settle for a foundation shade that comes close enough and make it work. When L.A. Colors released this new foundation, and I saw a major Youtuber raving about it, I just had to try it, and I am so glad that I did, because this foundation has become a huge favorite of mines, and is the only foundation that I have been wearing since I got it.

First off, the shade range is decent, but not very long. However, within the shade range, I found 3 colors that I can actually get away with wearing, which is a miracle, since finding one shade alone within any foundation line to match me, is always a big hassle. In MAC, I have used the following shades, NC30, NW30, and C2. I have a medium skin tone with pink-to-sometimes peachy undertone. The foundation has a short list of ingredients in it, nothing that I find to be troublesome to my sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Also, the foundation is both fragrance and oil free. It does have a slight chemical smell, to it, but is not bothersome and does go away shortly after application. The smell is due to the ingredient Isododecane, which carries with it a scent of its own. And, when used in a large amount within any foundation, you will be able to distinctly smell such. However, what most people don't realize is that this ingredient is in a ton of foundations. But, a lot of people don't take the time to really research ingredients in products before they buy them. I know a lot of people were happy when Fenty Beauty released 40 shades to start off when the line debuted, however, the foundation has a lot of chemical fragrance in it, which is not good for ones skin both in the short and long-term. You never know what is in a chemical fragrance, yet a lot of people are willing to risk their skin's overall health, just for a brand name foundation that happens to get a lot of hype, when the foundation contains a major skin irritant or irritants within it.

The foundation bottle comes with a pump, which is a huge plus. You get 1.36 fl. ozs. of product inside the bottle. I apply the foundation with the L.A. Colors new Foundation Brush, and the foundation goes on awesome, I am able to get medium-to-full coverage, and I have never experienced any caking, creasing, or nothing weird at all to my face while wearing this foundation. I also find that I don't even need to set the foundation if I don't want to. Now, I don't wear a primer or moisturizer underneath this foundation at all. However, this foundation I can truly say stays matte on me all day until I take it off. It doesn't give off that very strong matte look or feel to ones face like Estee Lauder's Double Wear Liquid foundation does. It provides a natural looking, matte finish that lasts until I wash my makeup off. at night. Because the foundation is a full coverage one, you definitely have to make sure that you remove every trace of it off of your face at night, or else, that will lead to clogged pores. I make sure to thoroughly take off my makeup first, and then I use my facial cleanser to make sure that my face is left 100% clean of all dirt, grime, pollution, and makeup from off of my face.

This foundation retails for $6. I bought mines from off of the L.A. Colors website, because it is currently not available in my area at all. And, for $6, this foundation is truly the best that I have ever come across thus far!