Too Faced Peach Perfect Loose Setting Powder

Too Faced Peach Perfect Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch/Zea Mays Starch, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Water, Glycerin, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Benzoate, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really didn`t believe, at this point, that any powder can mattify my skin even for a few hours, although many claim to do so. Then I came across this powder. And I like it. A lot. It has some problems, but all things considered it is surely the best mattifying powder I`ve tried in these seven years of using makeup. Keep in mind however, that my skin is very finicky. During winter it is overly dry and I have to accommodate the use of this powder according to that. You can easily go overboard with it and be left with a very obvious cake face.
PROS:
- Mattifies decently well
- No color
CONS :
- The packaging can be wonky
- The smell ( I love it but it is overbearing )
- Don`t go overboard or you`ll end up with cake face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was raved about for oily skin types so I decided to try it out and sadly this didn't work at all for me. Not only did it make no difference in how my makeup wore (except it wore off as if I had no powder on) but the fact it is tinted pink ended up making my face have a pink tinge to it (maybe I put on too much as I kept reapplying to try and get a matte finish). And as much as I love the peach scent it somehow ends up in your mouth throughout the day and you will randomly get a taste of peach which is a little worrying as to how much makeup ends in your mouth. The only positive about this is the packaging is cute.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I know the peach collection has gotten super gimmicky and people might be over it, but this is the one product from the collection worth buying! I put off purchasing it because I just didn't have the funds but when I finally bought it I didn't regret it.

It makes my 6 dollar foundation look like a million bucks. It's mattifying and because it's so finely milled it's impossible for it to go on cakey. You don't even feel like you're adding an extra layer. It feels like an invisible layer with blotting power. It's also translucent so you can rest assured that it's not adding color to your face or oxidizing. This is my foundation's best friend.

Yes it's a bit distracting that its super sweet smelling and that it has an equally sweet taste, but it's a great product. Packaging is semi bulky but the amount of product in it is worth the price. The actual peach packaging is cute and great for show off on vanity or if you love pretty packaging. I recommend.

I am torn about this product. I love the finish, very matte and long lasting, HOWEVER...
Every time I use this powder, I feel like I'm inhaling pure, powdered saccharine. The sweetness is so overwhelming, I barely ever use it. The strange thing is that I'm not even sensitive to scents or fragrances.

I generally don't like overwhelmingly sweet or overpowering tastes in my cosmetics, though.

The packaging is adorable, and there is a generous amount of product. It's essentially a very translucent setting powder, which helps keep things matte.

If it weren't for that sickeningly sweet taste it leaves in my mouth every single time, I'd probably use it up a lot more quickly than I have.

I'm still on the hunt for a loose setting powder that helps keep me matte throughout the day. I would not buy this product again because of the taste thing.

on 11/14/2018 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This broke me out something ROTTEN. Must be to do with the hugely over-powering scent. It’s not just a *slight* perfume, it’s overwhelming. Something THAT scented shouldn’t be put on the skin, I’m afraid. Sorry Too Faced. Cute packaging, applies nicely (very soft/finely milled), performs well (doesn’t settle into lines and maintains a nice finish) and holds a reasonable price tag considering how much is in the container. Shame it gave me boil-type-under-the-skin breakouts which only healed when I stopped using the product. It’s a no from me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder is wonderful. It’s very, very finely milled and never leaves me looking “cakey.” It mattifies but not to the point where you are flat or dry. I wouldn’t say that this is a tansluscent powder though, I feel like the peach tint leave a bit of color to my skin, but in the best way possible, i feel like it gives me more of a “glow.” This powder never settles into fine lines around my mouth and forehead (the worst) , but I do not use this powder to set my under eye concealer due to the scent (it’s has a lovely peach scent.) My eyes are very sensitive to makeup products.... they water, get red and gunky and can crust any makeup I have applied)... this powder is a no go for my eyes. Other than the scent sensitivity around my eyes, I have no complaints about this powder. It makes ANY foundation I have ever used with it look much better than other other powder I typically use. And for the price($33 at Sephora) you get more than one ounce of product- that is a lot of product, most higher end brands don’t even have a single ounce of product and the prices are usually around the same. I would definitely recommend this powder to anyone looking for the best one out there.

on 10/13/2018 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Normally don’t use powder, but this stuff is fab! Usually powder sinks into my fine lines, but not this one. It’s so finely milled, and it smells great.

on 10/11/2018 1:18:00 PM

If you have dry skin this makes your makeup look so dry and nasty. Smells fine, packaging is cute, price is average but for dry skin ladies try the born this way powder! Much better!!!

The packaging is so cute and I like that there is a snap lock sifter lid if you travel. If fragrances bother you, it does have a peach scent, but personally I love it. In comparison to LM, the TF PP may be better for drier skin especially. I feel this is a much finer, refined powder and gives a nice blur to the face. It is also tinted whereas the LM is whiter. The LM the grains of the powder do feel heavier so it may accentuate fine lines especially in dry weather. For me I think the heaviness of LM is better suited for summer and I like the Peach Perfect for anytime. It just feels much lighter and airier to me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave this 5 lippies for the packaging, because it will travel well. I still do not think this is better than Laura Mercier loose powder. It is still a nice loose powder, blends well, color selection is great, It's just not better than the Holy Grail, Laura Mercier.