Giorgio Armani My Armani To Go Cushion Foundation

Giorgio Armani My Armani To Go Cushion Foundation

4.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, TALC, NYLON-12, DIMETHICONE, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL.

on 5/20/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I always buy a makeup item for my birthday, this year I got the Armani Cushion Foundation. I'm going to lay out the cons first so we can get that easily out of the way. This seems like a product that was only for the Asian market, the shade range is... odd at best. I'm usually a 2 in Armani foundations and I'm a 4 in this formula. Also if you layer a lot of product it can sit slightly in expression lines. It's nothing very evident but worth noting.

The packaging is absolutely chic, the vynil like compact and the red and black applicator exude sophistication. There is like a fabric/plastic like mesh on top that is not a sponge that dispenses your foundation. The finish is glowy giving you a "your skin but better" look and is incredibly comfortable, I'm never aware that I'm wearing any foundation when I use this.

It retails for about 60€ which puts it above the usual cost of Armani foundations (excluding Crema Nuda) and the refill with an additional sponge will put it in the normal Armani range, making it however costlier because you don't get as much product in a cushion as you would in a bottled foundation.

If you have fair to light-medium skin tone and like sheer to light coverage and want to pamper yourself, this is an amazing cushion for you. It hasn't oxidized on me or caused any breakouts on my skin, however I would advise you to stay clear from the under eye area.

on 4/28/2018 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use the "darkest" shade, 5.5. To give you a background, I have oily skin, with large pores. I have tried and owned other Armani foundations, and my favorite before this was the Maestro Fusion. I assumed this would just be like maestro or the luminous silk dunked in a cushion compact. NO, it was not. It's even better. It's formula is super thin, but it offers more coverage than maestro. I'd say light to medium. And what the others claim is true--it has a skin like finish. With this, my skin is evened out and looks like it has a healthy glow--like I never had skin problems to begin with. An amazing feat. Its compact format made reach for it more than my bottled foundations. It's so quick and easy to use! After skincare and sunscreen, I pat this on, dust some loose powder, do my brows, put on some lip balm and I'm ready to face the world. The sponge is quite useful, it pats on the right amount of product to my face really well, thin enough not to absorb too much, and angled to reach the crevices of my face, um,and pores. Hahaha! The mirror is of decent size. The compact is really beautiful, but it's rather bulky. It would be better if it came with a velvet sleeve or pouch. I mean it's my precious foundation compact, I want to protect it and treasure it! Sadly, as expensive as armani's compact base makeup are, they never come with those velvet sleeves which Chanel, Dior, Guerlain and other luxury cosmetics brand do. But that's just me nitpicking. I still love it!

on 2/5/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a great cushion product! I used to use korean bb cushion, they gave this really nice dewy glow to your skin, however the glow didn’t last, and the colour would turn grey throughout the day. None of those problems with this cushion! I have this in no.4 and its a good match for my skin. It has enough yellow in there to match my chinese skin, but not too yellow that it makes me look sallow. Its gves this nice glow to the skin, but not the wet dewy one that koreans like, more like a subtle healthy glow. It makes your skin look amazing, like you’re glowing from within, really hydrated skin, and looks like you’ve slept 10 hours the night before. Really lightweight, can barely feel anything on my skin throughout the day. I keep my makeup on around 12 hours, and it feels comfortable the whole time. It provides light to medium coverage, which is what I prefer, sometimes I’d rather some of imperfections peek through, rather than my skin feeling and looking heavy, full of makeup. Buildable upto medium coverage. I have dry skin, and I’m happy to say this doesn’t dry my skin out. It doesn’t turn cakey throughout the day like some foundations does on my skin, no matter how much skin care product I have slathered on the night before. My skin does get a bit oily after 9 hours of wear, however nothing I am too concerned about. Its not a glowing disco ball. I think this looks best on your skin after a couple of hours, as its sort of moulded into skin and still gives this nice glow. Its easy for touch ups as well, as I would just blot away the oil on my face, and dab on with the cushion sponge. The sponge is good in that its not too soft so I can really pat the product into my skin. The corners on the sponge are really helpful in getting into the sides of my nose and under my eyes. After using, I tend to just dab the sponge on a tissue a few times to get rid of the excess foundation. I don’t worry too much about washing it. I think another great point about this product is that not the entire cushion is oozing with foundation at the beginning. The product doesn’t seep through until you push down on the cushion, and the product will only come out from the area that you have applied pressure onto, meaning that the product won’t dry up as quickly since it’s only released from a small area of the cushion each time.
The only downside I would really say about this cushion is the amount, due to it being a cushion, you can get through this product quite quickly, and its not cheap either. Thankfully you can purchase the refill only after the 1st time. This is a product I would happily go back over the next year - not that its not a great product, I just get bored quite easily and always looking for new makeup to try; who knows I might still be using it after a year. I am almost through with my 1st cushion, and will be moving onto my refill soon!
Its a great product to try if you love armani foundations, have the money, and like cushion products.

on 2/4/2018 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am not a huge fan of cushion foundations, I tried a few including the lancome, and I wasnt impressed...but this is like a love for me, I wear it all the time! coverage is buildable, it is light to medium, gives the skin a beautiful finish, natural,without any heaviness..my color is 4.5..I am light to medium skin..beautiful neutral beige color...it is expensive though, but I don't care! I apply it with my fingers, not a fan of sponges or brushes...great for normal to dry skin...maybe even combinations as really it isnt like very dewy!?more like skin like..but with the coverage of a foundation.
now, not sure how much product is in the compact, seems like enough for a few months..but not sure yet ..it is great to carry in a purse for a quick touch up...so far colors are VERY limited..only for light to medium skins
beautiful product !!

on 12/6/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! The only cushion that can beat Korean Cushions such as Hera, Sulwhasoo , Ohui and The history of whoo, also if it’s compared to YSL cushion this one Is still the winner!
The Packaging itself is the BOMB! - beautiful!
I wear shade #4.5 , I hate the sponge though , very tiny and not work properly overall The result is flawless , the coverage is good but feels like wear nothing! My oily skin love it and definitely I will continue to wear it .

on 9/20/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was lucky enough to snag this in Japan since it was just released a few days ago. I was about to just buy my regular luminous silk and noticed the cushion and tried it, full face. The moment the attendant started applying I knew I was going to buy. It's cooling, goes on very smoothly, and gives a nice glow without being ridiculous, it's very skin like. I find the coverage buildable from light to a decent medium. I usually use luminous silk which still looks dry on me and doesn't wear well, I also have lasting silk which looks even more dry. I never have this dry problem with Lancomes 24H Teint idol btw. This new cushion is by far the best, it's moisturizing but not oily. The colors are very limited though, I'm between a 5-5.5 in luminous silk and I got the 5.5 (medium neutral/cool tone) and the 4.5 (neutral light/medium.) For summer 5.5, winter 4.5. FYI This does oxidize so color does darken after drying, give it 10 minutes. I've been finishing it off with the GA loose powder in 2 and my skin looks like flawless no-makeup skin. I've been using this combo for 10 days now and I haven't broken out (which happens with Luminous and Lasting silk) and actually my skin has been pimple free since starting, coincidence? Maybe? Anyways I'm very happy with this cushion. Also It's so convenient to have a compact with applicator for travel, less junk to haul around, and it can go through airport security. You can wash the sponge and purchase a refill for the compact or replacement sponge. The price is high, 8500 yen or $75(?) US, so I'm hoping it lasts awhile. I think this is the first foundation I'm actually excited about besides the Kjaer Weis cream foundation.

Update: I've been using this for 2 months now 4-6 times a week and I honestly just love it, my all time fav. foundation. My only complaint would be the sanitary issue of the sponge. I typically wash the sponge every 7-9 uses, and its not easy to get all the left over makeup out of the sponge so that bugs me. I thought to use my beauty blender but it soaks up too much product and application doesn't look as good as this tailor made sponge. I want to buy a replacement but its $15 and never in stock, what a mark up! The product has lasted, but I think it is starting to run out, so probably at the 3 month mark I'll need a replacement. I'm still waiting for this to be released in the US...fall release date rumors but its almost winter now. Guess I should stock up!