wet n wild Mega Cushion Foundation SPF15

wet n wild Mega Cushion Foundation SPF15

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7, Octisalate 2.5, Titanium Dioxide 6.73, Zinc Oxide 1.96. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance/Parfum, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Disodium EDTA, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]."

on 5/7/2018 1:58:00 AM

I don’t know what it is about this product, but it clogs my pores. My skin isn’t usually sensitive at all. Without fail every single time I wear this foundation I wake up the next day with a bunch of bumps on my cheeks and sides from it. I wash my face pretty well after the day, so it couldn’t have been overnight residue that’s the culprit, but the overall formula regardless of wear time. I’d buy it again only if they’d reformulate it so they it doesn’t clog pores. I love the finish of it. Dewy, without it settling into fine lines. I thought I’d finally found my HG.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Omg I've been using Dior which seems to oxidize too orangey on me.I decided on a whom to try this at CVS cause it was so cheap.Man,I'm glad I did my skin looks absolutely dewy and flawless.This is gonna be my new HG and no more cabinets or oxidized orange pigment.I love the feel of it on my skin.It looks flawless do sent settle in fine lines or look cakey.I'm MAC C3 AND ivory Neutral matches me perfectly.Love love love it.Go out and buy you won't regret it

on 4/14/2018 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My skin: very minimal pores, no texture/acne/scars or major discoloration, uneven skintone. I'm also very new to foundation.

After my best friend got her skin bangin' using Fenty Profiltr foundation I was inspired to find a drugstore foundation cus I didn't wanna spend $34 & I wanted airbrushed skin too! I just kept messing up trying to find the best shade from Maybelline's fit me matte & poreless so I winged it & chose this in honey beige cus it's my favorite brand & it turned out to be a fairly good match but a bit too warm.

It's only been 2 days using this so far. I prime using Monistat chafing cream (check the reviews here!) & apply it with a Real Techniques beauty sponge. It seems to blend well & easily. It has a satin finish & my-skin-but-better appearance. As for staying power I'm not sure yet - I need to keep trying it out.

But so far I'm impressed & glad I tried it out! Hope they come out w/ new shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me preface by saying I hate cushion foundations. The L’Oréal Lumi one was an orange, greasy disaster. Honestly, I don’t like cushion foundations because coverage isn’t there. Some might argue that it’s not about coverage but I don’t see the point in putting it on my face when I can opt for a foundation instead.

I heard great things about WnW but didn’t have high hopes. If I didn’t like it I could return it and if it’s whatever, it’s something I’d throw in the car for touch ups and whatnot. Low and behold I’ve been using it for two weeks everyday since I’ve gotten it. I LOVE this.

Now let me say, I’ve never loved a product for the reason I’ve love this one. Yes it evens out the skin with a dewy finish and all that. Is it the best coverage thing out there? Absolutely not, I can go for a foundation instead. But what this product does that no foundation/BB cream has ever done for me is not cake up!!! I can apply a TON of product to build up coverage and it will absolutely not cake up but wait a minute - idk if it’s just me but throughout the day when I look in the mirror....poreless. This doesn’t sink into fine lines, look dry/patchy, or flakes off. I have never had a base makeup that doesn’t sink into dry lines regardless of all the skin prepping that I do. I’m obsessed with this cushion compact. It’s perfect for “gym makeup” if you know what I mean without people judging you for putting any on lol.

on 4/12/2018 2:14:00 PM

I never write reviews but using this foundation for a few weeks has compelled me to sign on here and type my thoughts.

I will probably never use another foundation ever again. It is just. that. good.
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most skin like finish possible, I'd label this as an 8 or 9. This is SO FLATTERING on my skin, really gives me the "your skin but better" but without the heaviness of it like with the It Cosmetics CC Cream.

Granted, my skin is in good shape. I have minimal texture or scarring. I also have a normal skin type, and by that I mean that my skin isn't overly oily nor dry. I use this with the Cover FX Mattifying Primer and I feel that they work well together. That primer itself is very 'meh' and I truly feel like this foundation would work well with any primer really. The formula is hydrating and forgiving. I cannot feel this sitting on my face so it is very light weight. It also doesn't crease!!! My biggest complaint with traditional foundations is that the seem to crease and settle which gives my face an aged appearance. This foundation doesn't move or slide around nor does it sink or settle. Honestly, they could sell this for more money and I'd still buy it. I have it 2 lippies on value instead of 1 because since it is a cushion foundation there really isn't a lot of product. Your mileage may vary; since it is buildable people with more scarring could use it but you'd have to use more than I do to cover my rather unblemished skin. It would still cover and when I do build it up over a red spot or something it really does dry down the same and look the same.

The only downside to this foundation is the shade selection. If you're lucky like me and find a shade that matches closely enough then look no further! However, if you can't find your shade I recommend writing your dissent on various websites to show WnW that this is a great foundation and a great foundation needs to cater to more people!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very impressive coverage. I bought the shade Buff Beige and it matched my skin perfectly and made my skin look flawless. Extra lippies for having SPF and not oxidizing on me. It needs a mirror but is easy to use. I'm glad I took a chance on it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I grabbed this on a whim because I needed to be somewhere and didn’t have time to go home. Glad I did. This was cheap, cruelty-free, and convenient.

It covered my rosacea scars, which is impressive, but for acne you might need a concealer. The SPF15 is also welcome. I purchased the Ivory shade which is nice and yellow enough for my eurasian skin.

The finish is satin, and this might actually outperform my Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.

Great for touchups and fits snugly in a purse, just remember to clean the sponge, guys!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Feel free to watch my review of this product here:

Now if this were a high-end foundation I would probably give it 4 stars. However, for a drugstore product, I give this amazingly cute packaged cushion foundation a 5! The only con I have with this product is the oiliness it gives me towards the end of the day. However, that's only if I was already oily (I have combo skin) & applied a generous amount. Therefore, if you have oily skin, make sure to apply a mattifying primer & mattifying setting powder (my little tip).

Now let's get to the fun part. Let me tell you why this foundation is SO AMAZING & deserves 5 stars.

Firstly, I love the cute packaging. This is a representation of America incorporating cute, yet stylish packaging like that in Asia. It brings that cute, innocent & girly side out of you. The packaging is also convenient. This is a major plus for me. I'm often traveling from my house to my boyfriend's & so convenient is a must. You practically get 3 things in 1! You've got a decent sized mirror, cushion foundation & sponge! Just make sure to remove the film on the inside to reveal the mirror. When I first opened this I used it a few times without realizing there was a mirror inside. Turns out there was film over it that you have to remove. Oops! Some people don't like the sponge but it works perfectly for me. I usually press the sponge into the cushion foundation about 2 to 3 times per cheek & forehead for a perfect coverage. If I use more than that, I tend to get oily.

The deepest shade blends in so well with my skin and I swear it oxides. Some have mentioned that it doesn't, but I swear it does. When I first sampled it, I applied it to the back of my hand. It didn't match that well but after awhile, I looked at my hand again and could barely tell I had foundation on it! It just looked like beautiful, moisturized skin. So, again...I SWEAR it oxides :P

This is a foundation that looks better over time. It does transfer a bit, like most drugstore foundations, but hey...it's drugstore. Some setting powder can't help with that. I've worn this several times and whenever I leave my house and come back, I continue to see a beautiful complexion in the mirror. Sometimes I feel like my face looks better after a few hours.

Lastly, this product is incredibly affordable. It's not made with a bunch of harsh chemicals & it actually works! I think that's an amazing steal & benefit to this product.

That's about all my pro's to this foundation. You can clearly see how great this product is. I guess my only other con would be that there isn't that much product. In the beginning, I only had to press the sponge into the foundation about once or twice, but now I need to do more presses. But, it's okay. It's so affordable that I can easily repurchase it. I think this foundation if worn a few times a week will last you a couple of months.

I am most definitely going to repurchase this cushion foundation. I would even gift it to friends. I'm also excited to try other cushion foundations as this was the first one I've tried.

Feel free to watch my review of this product here:

I did a first impression & demonstrated myself wearing it for the entire day. I hope this helped :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first review in years. I HAD to tell somebody about it! What a pleasant surprise from Wet'n'Wild. I impulse purchased this first at Walgreens for around $11. I've bought a couple more since from Walmart for $8. This may be my new HG. I was previously using NARS ADLW for years. They aren't really comparable however.

This cushion foundation comes in a compact with mirror and velvet puff, which I actually prefer for application. It gives an even and airbrushed application. The finish is dewy / natural. I find that after an hour or so it dries down to more of a natural / satin finish. If you love dewy foundation you will love this, otherwise just set with a powder. Never feels/looks heavy or cakey. Color doesn't oxidize. Lasts the work day on me without separating, but there is slight transfer. I appreciate that they label the shades with undertone descriptions as well. Shade range could be improved upon definitely.

I will say that the product doesn't last a long time. It only contains around half an ounce, when most foundations are 1 ounce. Also the cushion tends to dry out so I have to press the puff in really hard. And i have flipped the cushion (sponge) once already. This is my first experience with a cushion foundation. Would love it if they could just bottle the formula! But it is very convenient.

This is a hit! And you can't beat the price point.

on 3/27/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Let me start with my only complaint-I wish the compact had a mirror. This is the best cushion foundation I've tried. It goes on seamlessly, provides excellent medium coverage, doesn't turn orange halfway through the day, and has impressive staying power. It glides over the pits on my cheeks more commonly known as pores. I'm about to buy a refill!