wet n wild Mega Cushion Foundation SPF15

wet n wild Mega Cushion Foundation SPF15

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7, Octisalate 2.5, Titanium Dioxide 6.73, Zinc Oxide 1.96. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance/Parfum, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Disodium EDTA, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]."

on 10/12/2018 1:04:00 AM

I got this at Walmart for under $6 USD and I wasn't expecting much of a wow, but I was wrong. For the price, this foundation is kind of amazing. Coverage is light to medium at most, it covers my redness pretty well, and it has lasting potential. This is a VERY radiant foundation, it's about 75 degrees F out and I definitely needed powder and spray to set. Even with powder/spray combo, I did get a bit oily (I have combo skin) so for me, a touch up was needed around hour 4.

The shade range is abysmal. I only saw about 6 shades available. It's sad that there's no deep shades available, because in performance, it's comparable to more popular brands like Laneige or Missha. I'd say it gives more coverage than Laneige's cushion, but a bit less than Missha's magic cushion.

I got the shade "Buff Beige," which is the right golden undertone, but a tinge too light on my face - it'll definitely work as my winter foundation. "Buff beige" would probably fit around the NC25 range. I'm a bit darker than NC25, closer to NC30. I used their website's shade finder (their website is really cool, you can put in what brand/shade you currently use and they'll suggest a shade for their foundation) and I put in the shade I currently match with (Maybelline Matte Poreless in Natural Beige), and it recommended "Buff Beige" for the cushion. Unfortunately, I did a side by side swatch and Maybelline's was definitely darker. Their next shade down, "Natural Beige" might be a better match for me.

This DOES have a scent, so if you're sensitive, that might turn you off. The scent isn't strong, but it kind of lingers; it hasn't really bothered me much.

Overall, a good buy. I'm probably picking up the darker shade soon.

on 10/11/2018 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

honestly, one of the best cushion foundations i've ever used.

i got it in shade 108A - Nude Beige on a whim, curious to try it since the reviews were good. and i wasn't disappointed; i always kept this in my bag, because usually when my foundation would start to wear off midway through the day, this was a great way to touch up. it fit my skintone pretty well; wasn't too pink or neutral, and it had nice coverage on my oily skin.

however, now that i've finally finished it, i don't think i'll be repurchasing it. not that it's bad or anything. it's a really nice cushion and i'd recommend it to any newcomer who isn't keen on k-beauty brands due to their shade range or anything. for me, personally, it just doesn't have that wow factor. i always used this for touch ups, and rarely reached for this as my foundation from the get-go. this is really nice, and i'm glad i've used it, but i won't be getting another.

on 9/16/2018 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I find that, for mature skin, this foundation is really nice! It's one of my current favorites because it provides a nice, soft, healthy (luminous) look without looking oily. It's just a lovely sheen and is buildable. Not cakey at all. The cushion packaging isn't my favorite, tho, because I don't think you really get much actual foundation, and it can dry out some. In spite of this, I've repurchased this product because it really offers a nice, healthy skin-like appearance but still offers decent coverage. They've got a winner here!

Side note - I find that applying this with a barely damp Real Techniques sponge works beautifully.

on 9/14/2018 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got this product for free with CVS Extra Bucks, but if I had to pay full price, it's only $9 which is reasonable for DS foundation. This is the first cushion foundation I've tried. Packaging is a bit bulky, but I like that they include a full mirror in the lid. I have not tried to apply this product with the applicator supplied - I've used a beauty blender sponge. The shade I got (Light Ivory) is a great match for my fair skin (note that it applies much lighter than the color shown on the cushion sponge they layer over the top of the foundation - what you see in the photo is not what you will get). It blended really quickly and evenly and I used just one layer which gave some nice light coverage. If you need more medium to full coverage, you'd have to build up to it with another layer. Otherwise, this wore very well, stayed put all day and I think this would be a good foundation to travel with.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible on my skin. I was optimistic due to reviews; however, it doesn’t blend into my skin, shows all my texture & pores, smells horrible, and still feels wet & tacky hours after application.

on 8/30/2018 11:31:00 AM

Just bought this a few days ago and fell in love with it! The coverage is amazing and makes my skin look flawless. I have combo skin and it doesn't make me oily or emphasize my dry areas. Love the little puff provided to apply the foundation. I bought two shades since I'm super tan right now from summer travels and it's perfect. I am thinking this will be my holy grail foundation for a long time!!!

on 8/18/2018 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Yowza... Not sure what is in this stuff but the day after I used it I woke with tiny white bumps all over my face. The day after that I noticed more white bumps as well as red patches - and I didn't even wear it but the one/first day.

I am super bummed because I wanted to love this product. I won't be trying any Wet n' Wild products for my face ever again.

on 6/22/2018 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Price is right, coverage is good, application is easy, finish is skin-like. Definite repurchase.

I love cushion foundations for their skin-like finish. I didn't try this one for awhile because I have normal - oily skin and was concerned it would slide off. But, after a light application of powder it stays put all day.

The mirrored top already broke (and I've had it less than a week) which doesn't effect the product since the inner seal is fine.

I wash the applicator pad after each use, first with an oil based hand soap and then with my Daiso sponge & brush cleaner. I noticed if I don't do this the sponge can get smelly. Don't want that.

I have tried applying with a brush and with the applicator provided, and vastly prefer the sponge. It gives that natural skin finish. My skin has hyper pigmentation due to scarring, as well as a small bit of texture and medium pores on my cheeks. Cushion foundations applied with teh provided sponge give the most natural finish that I can;t get with any other foundation product/application.

The coverage is good, and the shade range works for me. I am pale, so even with my summer tan I can find a match.

The other cushion foundation I've used is the Maybelline. Because the amount of product is generally less than other formulas, I don;t like to spend much. Both the Maybelline ($16) and Wet n Wild are great products and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love Korean cushion foundations, I have never bothered to try the Americanized versions because I was completely turned off by the fact that most of them didn't have spf but I saw the wnw one did and since it's cheap I thought why not try it. The shade I got was a little off but I loved the coverage and finish, I was totally on board UNTIL I noticed at the end of the day it was creasing so badly. I was so disappointed, I never have problems with creasing whether I set my foundations with powder or not. Since it's cheap I would be willing to try it again in another shade to try to make it work because I really love everything else about it.

on 6/21/2018 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this in the color 106A light ivory and it's the closest match to my skin color that I've found in a long time. I have pale Irish skin - not the whitest but close - usually wear one of the lightest colors in a line. This is light to medium dewy coverage IMO. It is buildable. I saw a youtube video where the girl had lots to redness to cover it this product covered it.
I haven't tested it for many hours yet nor have I tried it with primer. But so far, so good.

I have to amend my review. I like this product but you get practically nothing in the package. I watch the youtube videos of cushion foundations. The person presses the sponge down and gets the sponge half covered in makeup. With the wet n wild for me, maybe this happens the first time or two. Soon after that I press and get nothing, press again and product oozes out the sides.

I bought one recently, used it for four days on a trip. Got back and tried again after a week or so. Product coming out only the side again. This is inexpensive but you get practically no product. I can get the wet n wild photo focus foundation in a similar shade and will get many many times the amount of product for about the same price. Don't know if this would be true of other cushion foundations but this one is a fail for me.

I had high hopes for this and have another unopened one. Will save it for travel. It's nice and portable and unbreakable.