3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 days ago

Component and packaging are absolutely stunning and very good quality which makes the product really nice to display. Colour range is pretty big especially if you're looking for a nude shade. Product itself is one of my favorite formulas I've ever tried. It dries down completely matt but it doesn't feel heavy on lips at all and it does not dry them out. Colours are really pigmented and one or two dips is enough to cover full lips. It stays on for a long time but tuch-ups might be needed with darker colours. The product has very strong sweet scent that goes away as lipstick dries down (I personally don't mind it but I know some people who don't like it). The only problem I had was with the dark purple shade "Material Girl" that aplied patchy and needed more than one coat in order to look fully pigmented but to be fair, dark purple and berry shades tend to be harder to make and seem a bit more inconsistent with other brands as well. Overall, I really enjoyed the Huda Beauty liquid matte lipstick and I would definitely repurchase them.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairOther, Curly, Medium

5 months ago

I ended up trying on In the store and was in love with the colors. I don’t mind the drying effect as long as it does the job. I am use to getting liquid lipsticks that stay on after having one drink . I went out to eat and over half of it came off while having a drink. The price compared to the quality is terrible. I definitely don’t recommend

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

6 months ago

I received this matte lipstick in Alluring (a bright red orange) in my Allure box for their Huda collab. This is the first Huda liquid matte lipstick I’ve owned. I really like it, but it’s not my fave liquid matte. It’s highly pigmented and I like the light texture, it doesn’t dry down thick and textured like some liquid mattes, but my issue is that it’s not transfer proof whatsoever, even after drying down and you really have to watch it because it can smear, get on your teeth etc. It’s pretty long wearing though and doesn’t feel too dry, yet it stays tacky for a little longer than I’d like. I really love the color that I have and I’m glad to own it, but with all the liquid mattes on the market I wouldn’t automatically gravitate toward this line to pick up any other shades, though I would consider repurchasing this shade since I like it so much (though being an exclusive collab I’m sure that won’t be possible in the future). Personally, I prefer mattes that don’t transfer this much and I only wear this shade when I know I’m not going to be eating.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

7 months ago

The formula is average mousse-like thickness. Its takes time spreading it out to get it even over my pigmented lips. And I have to use a separate lip brush - the applicator makes it difficult to apply evenly and get a precise lip line. Strong white chocolate bakery scent. Dries down very slowly, it stays sticky for 30+ minutes (similar to the Maybelline Superstay Matte Inks). Makes lips feel a little tight and uncomfortable feeling. Fades very quickly, after 2 hours I have barely any color left. Does fade elegantly without cracking or flaking, but to have to reapply every 2 hours? I get more wear out of a regular bullet lipstick, or even a lip stain, both of which are also easier to apply and feel more comfortable on lips. Packaging isn't great, its a heavy glass that clinks together annoyingly. The marketing is so overhyped but for that short lived performance its not worth the $$$ for me. My favorite liquid lips are Kat Von D and Sugar Pill. I also reach for all these other brands over Huda: Pixi Mattelast Liquid Lips, Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Liquid Lips, YSL Vinyl Creams, Kokie Kissable Liquid Lips, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams.

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

7 months ago

I find a lot of bullet lipsticks cause my lips to be dry scaly at the end of the day. I do not have the same problem with liquid lipsticks. This lipstick wears comfortably with great colour payoff. I like the colour range also However it just does not have staying power. I get about 4 hours and it definitely does not last through eating. I recommend NARS Powermatte and Maybelline LipInk with Maybelline having incredible blow your mind staying power.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

Purchased based on the rave reviews and wish that I didn't. This stuff is literally NON-DRYING on me! I gave 2 stars because the color is nice and the packaging is good. The formula itself it so-so. It is initially sticky for a very long time...I would say 15 minutes or more (which I dislike), it eventually does become nearly non-noticeable/lightweight but continues to transfer soooo easily. I exfoliate regularly and the formula is non drying on my lips. It is very a very thin liquid lipstick. Low rating because for this price I expect longer lasting, non-transferable lips. For me it lasts less than 3 hours. Overall disappointed. Could not recommend.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

8 months ago

Good

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

9 months ago

I’ve gotten this in Alluring in a box subscription. I freaking love it! Color is similar to Mac lady danger or dragon lady Nars. Light on lips like nothing is on them. Is not drying and does NOT wrinkle lips! Smells like candy when applied. Pretty frosted square shaped tube has nice quality feel. Doe foot applicator. Go lightly as it is very viscous and super pigmented. I want more colors! I haven’t liked a liquid lip until this one!!!!!! I’ve tried maybelline (yucky cheap - never dries down and feels siliconish heavy) Anastasia (the worst - thick and made my lips dry with deep wrinkle cracks)

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I got the shade Heartbreaker. It reminds me of Sephora Always Red No 1. It applies easy with a diluted like formula consistency and then sets matte in a few seconds .. So nice that it doesnt budge... until you start eating!!! I attended an event at a fancy hotel and after the nice Turkish buffet meal, this migrated to the sides of my lips!! Gross for a high profile event. I had to excuse myself and reapply. Def not repurchasing this shade but may try other colors in this range. I like the swatches i tried at Sephora like Medusa, Trendsetter, Icon, Bombshell and Trophy Wife. I love the shades but the price tho'. Hmmm... I wished they came in deluxe size so it could be cheaper. It smells like coconut candy.. very tropics. The doe -foot applicator goes on easily. The transparent icy packaging is nice. The long tube is a bummer tho cos it doesnt fit into tiny evening purses ! Kinda pricey and I agree some shades are dupable. Buy while they`re still in the permanent line

About reviewer (284 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I found this to do a decent job of both hydrating my lips whilst adding colour - but without the feeling of having anything on my lips. My only gripe is it takes up to a minute to dry, although this could be due to the fact that I live in humidity-land where everything takes forever to dry. I also love that it is paraben-free and long-lasting - I don't have to keep reapplying. I use a lip scrub first (such as Fresh) and then apply this (Wild Child - sizzling neon pink and Vide star are my fave shades). A tad expensive compared to similar brands but as I'm happy with the results I will purchase again once I run out. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy 3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35