Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick

3.9

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this to do a decent job of both hydrating my lips whilst adding colour - but without the feeling of having anything on my lips. My only gripe is it takes up to a minute to dry, although this could be due to the fact that I live in humidity-land where everything takes forever to dry. I also love that it is paraben-free and long-lasting - I don't have to keep reapplying. I use a lip scrub first (such as Fresh) and then apply this (Wild Child - sizzling neon pink and Vide star are my fave shades). A tad expensive compared to similar brands but as I'm happy with the results I will purchase again once I run out.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/14/2018 12:35:00 AM

I’m really disappointed! 1. The formula seems odd, it’s not smooth and creamy at all 2. The color is not as intense and pigmented as I have expected from a product in this price range 3. Worst smell ever, really cannot stand it Overall, an overhyped product and not worth to buy at all!! There are dozens of better matte lip products out there!

on 6/3/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At first, I honestly just got it because I like huda and wanted to support her brand plus the color was pretty. I didn’t think that it would be my favorite liquid lipstick! To give you some background info, my lips get super dry and I have to constantly apply lipbalm or they’ll get super chapped. This lipstick really suited my dry lips!!

Pro: long lasting, light weight, doesn’t dry out the lips, love the packaging!!
Cons: it ain’t cheap

on 5/7/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So, I have a few, and most honestly, mainly because I adore nice packages so I bought lip tins. Anyways, the drying takes much longer than stated, if you eat, better go get a new layer because it is not there anymore and I hate it when I kiss my husband because I do own liquid mattes that dry and I can kiss my husband without his lips having my lipstick color. I think there are better formulas in formulation it self, application and hydration of lips because I hate that feeling that I could easily peel a layer of my skin how dry it becomes during time.

Oh, and do remember, whatever color you see on the pictures, you will not get it! I have a feeling colors where just like "photoshop images" of what she saw it in a software what they are gonna look like and they do not look like that.

I think all her products are hyped even though I really wanted to like all of them. And I really had some bad experiences on her sites. Sorry Huda but you should step up your game outside the frames you are in right now.

Guys and girls, ask if you need any more details.

on 3/24/2018 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have the colors suga mama and icon. Thwy both have a watery consistancy but a tad bit different formula. Suga mama gets a bit patchy over time by the inner lips. Icon is perfect. They are pretty drying after 3 hours. These lipsticks are good but not great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Huda beauty liquid matte lipstick @shophudabeauty
The product claims to be a light weight comfortable liquid lipstick infused with antioxidants which maintains hydration and isn't transferrable with a matte finish.
My views-:
- I bought the shade trendsetter. Okay so i have been wanting to use these since long as the lipsticks have been very much hyped and huda kattan @hudabeauty was always an inspiration.
- ‎I really like the shades and colours but i personally feel it doesn't live upto the hype for me.
- ‎It has a coconut kind of scent which i liked personally.
Pros-:
- ‎It is light weight.
- ‎The colour did intensify as it dried.
- ‎The pigmentation is really good.
- ‎It is non- transferrable and non-sticky.
- ‎I also found it to be waterproof.
Cons-:
- The formula is runny which made little work to apply.
- ‎It takes like atleast 30 seconds to dry which they also state.( i really don't have that much patience🙈)
-Gets bit drying with time.
-Not hydrating like they claim
-‎ Lasts for about 4 hours.
- ‎Overall i loved the shade trendsetter but it's not my favourite lipstick and in that price there are better products in the market. ‎I would personally want a liquid matte that lasts longer.
Price- Rs 1650
Available at @nykaabeauty @mynykaa(india) @sephora

Mixed feelings about this range. I initially bought Bombshell and this was great. Good pigment, lasts for hours on my lips even when eating or drinking. I went back to buy Socialite and Show girl(?) Socialite is a warm nude with shimmery particles, Show girl is a metallic burgundy. Unfortunately these two don’t last! They do dry matte however they seem to crumble after a couple of hours. For socialite it’s not such an issue, I can re-apply however the dark one really looks bad.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really tried with this one. I let it dry for ages, tried different application and prep methods, and I still couldn't get it to last and look smooth.
This liquid matte wasn't the least flattering (that dubious honor goes to Dior), but my lips still looked 10 years older.
I happened to purchase Lise Watier's new balm-like gloss at the same time was blown way by the difference in appearance. Smooth, moisturized and line-less vs every crease and patch on display. My lips are 30s and look decent with regular lipstick, but have the cat anus look with this and others. Even with prep with balm and primer or without.
Spice Girl was a great darkish nude brown shade, but the pigment collected in patches and it never adhered to my more moist inner lip, even when I dried it before applying and kept a ghoulish smile up for 5 minutes while it dried. After 30 minutes, I'd smile and you could see a strong line of matte brown alongside shinier pink.
This one wasn't the worst, but I'm breaking up with matte liquids and this was the final straw.

on 1/12/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the color Trendsetter when I first tried it I fell in love with this color it's a perfect nude on my skin tone that doesn't need any alteration and it smells amazing. I noticed it isn't long lasting & the only reason I would not repurchase is because I found a dupe NYX lip lingerie in the color "seduction" is nearly identical to trendsetter

on 1/10/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best liquid lipstick I have tried by far! It lasts all night and isn't drying at all. You can layer it up (not that you'll need to as it lasts so long and is very pigmented) and it doesn't look crusty. A lot of my other liquid mattes dry quite badly and by the end of the night crumble off... This however is lightweight and creamy.
I want to buy every colour! It is a little pricey but the quality is so good that I can't complain.