Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick

4.3

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really tried with this one. I let it dry for ages, tried different application and prep methods, and I still couldn't get it to last and look smooth.
This liquid matte wasn't the least flattering (that dubious honor goes to Dior), but my lips still looked 10 years older.
I happened to purchase Lise Watier's new balm-like gloss at the same time was blown way by the difference in appearance. Smooth, moisturized and line-less vs every crease and patch on display. My lips are 30s and look decent with regular lipstick, but have the cat anus look with this and others. Even with prep with balm and primer or without.
Spice Girl was a great darkish nude brown shade, but the pigment collected in patches and it never adhered to my more moist inner lip, even when I dried it before applying and kept a ghoulish smile up for 5 minutes while it dried. After 30 minutes, I'd smile and you could see a strong line of matte brown alongside shinier pink.
This one wasn't the worst, but I'm breaking up with matte liquids and this was the final straw.

on 1/12/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the color Trendsetter when I first tried it I fell in love with this color it's a perfect nude on my skin tone that doesn't need any alteration and it smells amazing. I noticed it isn't long lasting & the only reason I would not repurchase is because I found a dupe NYX lip lingerie in the color "seduction" is nearly identical to trendsetter

on 1/10/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best liquid lipstick I have tried by far! It lasts all night and isn't drying at all. You can layer it up (not that you'll need to as it lasts so long and is very pigmented) and it doesn't look crusty. A lot of my other liquid mattes dry quite badly and by the end of the night crumble off... This however is lightweight and creamy.
I want to buy every colour! It is a little pricey but the quality is so good that I can't complain.

on 11/29/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the concept of liquid lipsticks, but every formula I've tried has been smudgey and hard to manage. I have allergies, so I am constantly wiping my nose, and even if I'm very careful, sometimes the tissue will brush up against my lips and smudge the top of my lipstick. So, I am always looking for a formula that will stay put and not wipe off with the slightest brush of a tissue, and Huda Beauty's liquid matte is the winner!

I got the shade Bombshell through Sephora's Give Me More Lip set, which is a warm nudey brown on me, just a hint browner than my natural lip color (I am aroun NC 30-35). The color is very subtle and versatile, not really an evening shade but nice for daytime wear.

The application feels very watery and smooth at first, and it does take a little while to dry down, but once it does, it is SET. No budging, no transfer. I wore this to a pretty intense breakfast with very little fading, and then another day to work including eating and drinking, and I literally had to use a lip scrub to remove it, it was so set.

You do have to be careful not to overapply, as it can "bunch up" a little once it is dry, and like all matte liquid lipsticks, it does settle a little into lip lines. However, it is extremely comfortable to wear and doesn't obviously feel like you are wearing a lip product. Not exactly moisturizing, but not drying either.

I splurged on the sephora lip set and wasn't planning on buying any of the more pricey products (I tend to be more along the drugstore side of things, price-wise), but I admit, this formula blew me out of the water and I am highly considering purchasing more shades.

i have it in the shade bombshell and i really do love this shade. its a mlbb, for my lip and skintone, im an nc15-20 i think. the scent of this when youfirst open the tube is very strong, but it doesn't last. it might bother some people, but i actually like and enjoy a majority of fragrance in my products. theres only 5ml product in here and although i very rarely will finish a tube of gloss/liquid lipstick, i think i might actually finish this bc theres so little. i dont think this lasts a particularly long time, but it does fade evenly so i quite like that.. still debating whether or not j will repurchase

This is absolutely amazing liquid lipstick for matte lovers. It stays in place and gives nice feel to the lips. I use Bombshell and would highly recommend to try.
Maybe other shades have different reviews but this shade suits all complexion.
I wish they lower the price. But worth your money.
Beautiful packaging.

on 7/12/2017 3:16:00 AM

Love it so much
It stays like damnnnšŸ”„
Light feeling
Not drying

on 7/10/2017 11:53:00 AM

Product - This liquid lipstick goes on easily (like a lip gloss, thanks to the doefoot applicator), and feels lightweight and very comfortable on my lips (not drying), and stays put. I wipe some of the liquid back into the container so as not to overapply - for me a thin layer is all that is needed for full coverage and reasonable drying time (about 1 minute). Dries to a matte finish. I love the way these feel. They wear noticeably longer over the course of a day for me than a standard lipstick. I get some transfer/wear when eating/drinking, but thankfully rubbing my lips together helps re-spread what is left on my lips so I don't have to reapply. I bought the mini sets (Nude Edition and Pink Edition):

Nude Edition:
Venus - warm taupe-nude
Bombshell - warm peachy nude-tan, great for summer
Flirt - modern brown - reminds of BB's nude-brown lippies
Trendsetter - deeper brown than Flirt and leans a little cool

Pink Edition:
Gossip Girl - fresh midtone pink - bright but wearable - reminds me of BB Pink Raspberry pot rouge
Trophy Wife - deep rosy mauve
Icon - everyday wearable rusty red
Socialite - rose with golden shimmer

Nude Love Edition:
Crush - pale nude pink
Girlfriend - cool toned pinkish nude
Wifey - warm toned peachy nude
Sugar Mama - peachy apricot nude

I'm NC25/AAB, and Venus and Bombshell are good nudes for me; Flirt is a bit too brown for my taste and Trendsetter is too dark and cool for my coloring. Gossip Girl is a bold pink - I have to be in the right mood for it. Trophy Wife is a bit deep almost plummy. Icon and Socialite get more use. Crush is too pale a nude for my skin tone, I'll pass on this one. Girlfriend and Wifey are good nudes for my coloring but better as a base for other lipsticks. Sugar Mama is a bit too orange for my preference but not too bad.

Packaging - Frosted bottle with black cap and attached doefoot applicator. Square cross-section with rounded edges. The sets (Liquid Matte Minis) cost $33 for 4 shades.

Overall - I stayed away from liquid lipsticks for a while after some poor experiences, but I really love this formula. The catch for me is finding a shade I like on its own. Impressed with how little I need for full coverage, and how comfortable it is on my lips. These are a winner if you like mattes. The nude shades are great as a base under deeper, more dramatic lipsticks - really evens out my natural lip tone and texture.

(UPDATE - not sure, but I may have mistaken Flirt for Trendsetter and vice versa.) continued >>

Popular Lipsticks