Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose

Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose

4.4

on 8/5/2018 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is such a pretty little perfume! Others have named the notes, so I'll just add my two cents: I love rose in perfumes - my username is rosarita, after all - and my taste generally runs toward dark, gothic rose perfumes, the darker and richer the better. Well, Ballet Rose is nothing like that, it's light and fresh and just plain pretty, pink and refreshing. Since I have a lot of perfume, I have this in a half ounce mini which is the perfect fun size spritzer and I've really enjoyed it this spring and summer. The lasting power is impressive for something so light and it's very well blended, if I didn't know it was from Philosophy I would think it was by Parfums de Rosine. Perfect for the office or anytime.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ballet Rose...
Pink Roses
Peony
Lychee
Woods
Pink Musk
Ballet Rose is Pretty...Smells like Pink Roses,A Little Powdery...I Love Roses & Rose Perfumes & have Fallen in Love with Ballet Rose Perfume...Ladies that love Rose Perfumes may love Ballet Rose...

on 2/21/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm usually not a fan of floral scents, I like musk (Lancome La es t la belle, Gucci premier, Chanel noir, VS night) but this one i really like! It's a warm rosy scent but like all Philosophy fragrances it is still gender and wearer friendly. I've smelled their other new one but not multiple times like this one. I got the small bottle from Ulta.

on 11/4/2017 8:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Here are the notes: pink rose petals, peony, lychee, woods, pink musk.

I am happy that I did not read the notes prior to purchasing because I am not terribly fond of lychee, and I have no idea what a "pink musk" might be, I probably would not have bought it, and that would have been a shame.

This is indeed a "pink" fragrance. It had the Amazing Grace element of being fresh, clean, subtle and perhaps a fragrance extension of your shower gel. But there is an overlay of rose. Rose can be tricky. This is not an ox feller rose like Tea Rose, it does not remind you of those Rosewater and Glycerin soaps and hand lotions from back in the day, and it does not smell of room freshener circa 1973. There is no winery, browning petal element to this rose, and there is no indole that might suggest a white rose.

This rose is softer, a bit powdery, a bit fruity, sweet but not cloying, and fresh. Perhaps you will be reminded of wild beach roses, but this is more soft.

Here is the best part. 12 hours later, I can still smell it on my wrist.

This would be a great summer floral. This is the type of fragrance that is good for work, good for running errands, good for weekend days, and marvelous to spritz on before bed. No, it is not rated X, but it is cozy and comforting. It is similar in mood to Amazing Grace but is less soprano and more alto.

on 10/7/2017 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've always enjoyed the regular version, so I figured I'd give this a whirl. It doesn't last long and I wish it had a more powdery or vanilla-y drydown. But it is a very pleasant, no nonsense rose fragrance.

This is such a fresh take on a rose fragrance. It's about time somebody made a less prim interpretation of the queen of flowers. I purchased on a whim because I usually like philosophy fragrances and was excited to see something new. It's bright, almost citrusy. Clean, wet roses. Great for summer days. This is not a dusty, dusky, aloof rose, but an uplifting and fun rose. I smell sunshine after fresh rain, lemons and passion fruit. It doesn't last long at all, so I burned through the trial size spray. I don't think it reminds me of amazing grace, but I think it might layer well. When I spray this, it feels familiar, like I've known this scent for a long time. I find it to be uplifting. It makes me happy! I will likely retire it for fall, but might purchase a big bottle to have on hand for next summer in case it's discontinued or they mess with the formula.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am really enjoying this! It's reminding me a bit of The Body Shop British Rose! It is not too strong nor too dated or powdery. Just simply beautiful!

Popular Fragrances